Game #33 - Montreal at Colorado 8pm est Wed. Dec 21

Prime Minister Koivu

Polls are fun  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Price’s number be retired?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Not considering contracts, which player do you wish wasn’t a Canadien?

• Hoffman
    • Dadonov
    • Drouin
    • Armia
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Is Dach a winger or a centre long term?

• Winger
    • Centre

11 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... They could even bring up 4 guys and play each 9 games. 

Unlike Slafkovsky would/could have been ... I believe the "9 games" is irrelevant to the Rocket players on ELCs ... they are already burning (have already burned) a season on those ELCs in Laval.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Unlike Slafkovsky would/could have been ... I believe the "9 games" is irrelevant to the Rocket players on ELCs ... they are already burning (have already burned) a season on those ELCs in Laval.

That could be true, I'm not sure.  However, for Sean Farrell it would likely matter.  I'm also unsure if Kidney, Roy or others playing in Junior could be brought in or not.  

12 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That could be true, I'm not sure.  However, for Sean Farrell it would likely matter.  I'm also unsure if Kidney, Roy or others playing in Junior could be brought in or not.  

Farell could be signed if he decided to leave the NCAA, but it would likely be at the price of (a) his development and (b) burning the first year of his ELC so the "9 games" again irrelevant ... players in the CHL cannot be recalled until their teams complete their seasons, except on an emergency basis strictly defined by the. NHL.

I just want to point out that Montreal's goaltending is performing better than it should thus far this season.  Both Allen and Montembeault.  Their stats aren't reflecting how well they both have been for giving the team a chance to win. 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Edmundson in OT? Lol 

Good try Drouin you almost won it

I was also surprised to see Edmundson out there. 

And Drouin. I don't know what to say.  That rush showed the kind of talent he has and if it was 3 on 3 all the time then maybe you keep him but his bursts of energy are way too infrequent. 

9 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I don't expect Drouin to be great , good at most but not great. He seems to do better on face-offs that Dach and may be a good placeholder until the prospects come up.

Being better at faceoffs than Dach is a pretty low bar.  Most wingers in the NHL are better on the draw than Dach.

2 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I was wondering if the Habs can get rid of some payers at the trade deadline if they have any prospects that could potentially come in and immediately make an impact similar to Cole did when he played the last 9 games of the season?  Richard might be 1, and it seems like they have numerous others that could too.    Depending on their placement in the standings that could make things interesting.  i.e. if they can dump 2 floaters and replace them with prospects that can actually do something.  

In theory, it's possible but in all likelihood, Pitlick will be one of the post-deadline recalls.  There's also a good chance they'll take back a veteran in a trade or two to help match money (like the other Pitlick from the Toffoli deal last season).  There might be a spot or two open but there won't be many.

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

The nine-game threshold applies only for junior-aged players, not all rookies.  If Farrell signs, he'll burn the first year right away whether he plays a game or not.  Players in the CHL can only be recalled once their team is eliminated.

2 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

You cant bring in farrell.  He would lose his college eligibility.  And even if they did, he is too old for the 9 games.

You cant call up roy or kidney once they are sent back to juniors unless you have an emergency where you do not have 12 healthy forwards available.

The 9 game rule only applies to slafkovsky as the Habs are currently set up.  Everyone else is either too old or playing in a league where they cant be recalled.

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Being better at faceoffs than Dach is a pretty low bar.  Most wingers in the NHL are better on the draw than Dach.

In theory, it's possible but in all likelihood, Pitlick will be one of the post-deadline recalls.  There's also a good chance they'll take back a veteran in a trade or two to help match money (like the other Pitlick from the Toffoli deal last season).  There might be a spot or two open but there won't be many.

The nine-game threshold applies only for junior-aged players, not all rookies.  If Farrell signs, he'll burn the first year right away whether he plays a game or not.  Players in the CHL can only be recalled once their team is eliminated.

For the OT faceoff when it looked like Suzuki was kicked out I joked that I was glad Dach wasn't out there and that Ghule would take it instead of Cole.

My original point about prospects being brought up late in the year up wasn't totally about ELC's and saving a year, that would just be an added bonus.  It's more about at the end of the season replacing 2 duds for 2 up and coming studs and vastly imprpving the teams output.  Like you said in the other thread, they could just sit Drouin; and possibly another.  i.e. whoever is regarded as "this years Tatar".  (It is fairly wild the Habs made it to the Cup down two 5+ mil players.)  

When does the CHL regular season end?  They dont have as long as a season, so I think they would potentially have some time unless their teams go on long playoff runs.  

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Dach really impressed me tonight. His reach and puck handling skills make it hard to get the puck off him. 

And on a very positive note, the Florida Panthers lose. Could we have 2 lottery picks?  That would be so sweet!

Agreed on Dach. He was the best player on that line. 

I'm also watching Florida with interest.

If it wasn’t for Richard and Allen, it would have been a boring game

too bad they got a point, it keeps them at .500 but that’s ok , not the worst thing

I am glad Drouin did well in his limited role and that no one got hurt 

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #33 - Montreal at Colorado 8pm est Wed. Dec 21