Game #36, Montreal @ Florida, Dec 29, 2022 7:00PM EST

GHT120

There is nothing on Twitter about a morning skate/line-up ... but per Habs website "it is likely that Sam Montembeault will get the nod between the pipes".

Didn’t the Habs get Montembeault from FLA on waivers? I am almost certain he plays and that he overshoots his positioning all game from being too excited to play them in FLA

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Didn’t the Habs get Montembeault from FLA on waivers? I am almost certain he plays and that he overshoots his positioning all game from being too excited to play them in FLA

I think the Habs' website phrasing was as close to confirmation SM will start as anyone but MSL can give.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I think the Habs' website phrasing was as close to confirmation SM will start as anyone but MSL can give.

It would be highly unusual to start the same goalie on two back-to-back games anyway. And Allen has started three in a row, time for Montembeault.

25 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Give Gallagher a shot with Suzuki? A net presence on that line. 

Likely we are looking at Gallagher with Slaf and Dvorak. Armia with Suzuki to round out team tank. 

All we need is a regulation win

I think Gallagher and Caufield on a line is just too small to be the first line.  Dach's size is the biggest thing he brings to that line, no pun intended.

5 hours ago, DON said:

No Drouin ever again as the PP QB, nor Armia on top line please.:pray:

I was really hoping to get some sort of decent return for Drouin. Now I’ll just be content to never see that bum in habs jersey after this April at the latest.

Xhekaj is a super story. I continue to be impressed by how well he has adapted to the NHL, which requires a very different playing style to what helped him succeed in the OHL.The kid is not only big and brawny, I think he has some smarts, too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Xhekaj is a super story. I continue to be impressed by how well he has adapted to the NHL, which requires a very different playing style to what helped him succeed in the OHL.The kid is not only big and brawny, I think he has some smarts, too.

It is a great story. He is playing with way more discipline than he did in junior as he realizes he can't take too many stupid penalties. He has proven people wrong at pretty much every level he has played at. 

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Xhekaj has the tools to be a solid 2nd/3rd pair defenseman.  Right now he's a raw Gudas with an underappreciated shot.  By underappreciated I don't mean he has a great shot, but it's a shade of Lidstrom.  Not the best shot, but can get the shot through to the net, which is is sometimes better than accuracy or velocity.