Game #37 Montreal at Washington 4pm EST Dec. 31

Prime Minister Koivu

GDT POLLS  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dvorak be extended long term?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Dubois be a Canadien at some point?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How would you grade St. Louis as coach so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Hoffman, Drouin and Armia have not been used properly. All three have big holes in their game, but when used by a Davy coach in specific roles, they provide value.

In how they are being used, their value is not maximized and I believe they ate fling through the motions knowing they will be traded.

Odd lineup, I would have:

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach

Anderson - Dvorak - Gallagher 

Hoffman - Evans -  Armia 

Slafkovsky  - Drouin - Dadonov

Edmundson -  Kovacevic

Xhekaj - Wideman 

Harris -  Barron

Edited by alfredoh2009
reposting with modified lineups, I forgot to update

33 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Hoffman, Drouin and Armia have not been used properly. All three have big holes in their game, but when used by a Davy coach in specific roles, they provide value.

In how they are being used, their value is not maximized and I believe they ate fling through the motions knowing they will be traded.

Odd lineup, I would have:

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach

Anderson - Dvorak - Gallagher 

Hoffman - Evans -  Armia 

Slafkovsky  - Drouin - Dadonov

Edmundson -  Kovacevic

Xhekaj - Wideman 

Harris -  Barron

Only Drouin can really have any hope of being traded this season.

With another season on his contract Hoffman is unlikely to be dealt this season ... MIGHT have a chance to be dealt in the offseason or more likely near the 23/24 trade deadline.

Armia has two more years at $3.4M and his actual salary is more than that for both seasons ($4.8 and $3.8M), more great cap management by MB ... unless he gets his production back to 15+g/82 games it will cost something substantial to move him out.

The caveat is that a bad contract for bad contract swap might always be possible, but that does little to alleviate the cap issues that Hoffman and Armia cause.

17 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Armia has two more years at $3.4M and his actual salary is more than that for both seasons ($4.8 and $3.8M), more great cap management by MB ... unless he gets his production back to 15+g/82 games it will cost something substantial to move him out.

I can't fault Bergevin for the salary structure on that one.  This was when fixed escrow percentages were coming in so a lot of contracts signed that summer were back-loaded.

47 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Only Drouin can really have any hope of being traded this season.

With another season on his contract Hoffman is unlikely to be dealt this season ... MIGHT have a chance to be dealt in the offseason or more likely near the 23/24 trade deadline.

The caveat is that a bad contract for bad contract swap might always be possible, but that does little to alleviate the cap issues that Hoffman and Armia cause.

mid I was GM, I would let the pending UFAs walk if I cannot get anything in a trade. The extra salary cap room should be enough to resign Monahan if he wants to stay. moneyhands at Dadonov’ sir Drouin’s salary is what I would resign him for 

50 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Charlie Lindgren starts for Washington while the Capitals will get Martin Fehervary back from injured reserve for this one as well.

Good for Lindgren, hanging in there and finally landing something that looks like a regular NHL gig at age 29

The Suzuki line is competitive and much of that is Dach’s puck control. 

Lots of listless shifts from the other lines and blind slot passes that get eaten up and come the other way. 

I’m sick of everything Gallagher…his game, his attitude, his never ending injuries. 

What's wrong with Gallagher's attitude, in your view? He's one of the hardest-working players on the team, even if the results are no longer there.

Other than that, the Habs are down 2-0 but the game is still more enjoyable to watch than the pair in Florida, I think.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

What's wrong with Gallagher's attitude, in your view? He's one of the hardest-working players on the team, even if the results are no longer there.

Other than that, the Habs are down 2-0 but the game is still more enjoyable to watch than the pair in Florida, I think.

Attitude might be the wrong word. I mean his on ice antics, the stick grabbing, he is often in the corner tied up with an opponent while the play has long gone the other way, the constant chirping and shit disturbing. 

That’s what I’m sick of with Gallagher 

Oh cool! I just missed the two first periods

i am at the airport on my way to visit family in the USA

its been “planes, trains and automobiles” for me