Game #38 - Habs vs Preds 8pm

Neech

The Habs look to continue their pointless streak but in a more dignified manner. Keep it within a goal or two boys.

Savard and Richard return to the lineup, replacing Kovacevic and deadweight Armia.

Elsewhere in the league, Arizona plays Florida in a big match for our draft positioning.

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

A loss where Caufield/Suzuki produce a couple of goals would be a great result for this evening.

How about a 4-3 regulation loss where Hoffman scores a hat trick, and Dadonov and Edmundson both get two assists?

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

This team used to be fun to watch!

We might not win in January 

February, March and April aren't looking good either.

The Preds better not score another goal because my achy breaky heart can't take any more of that country music. 

32 minutes ago, Neech said:

Caufield goes to the room after a knee on knee collision. First Guhle, now Cole with this very risky injury... about the worst thing that could happen!

He did come back at least and doesn't look worse for wear at least.

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't think this is the defensive coverage the coaches are preaching...

FlmJKq7WIAQQZil?format=jpg

What do you mean?  That's great coverage, unless that black disc thing between the upper part of the circle is the puck. lol

That might have been the worst single game in the entire professional careers of both Edmundson and Barron. It seemed like they were on the ice for every single NSH goal. Yeesh. Break up that pairing ASAP!!

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That might have been the worst single game in the entire professional careers of both Edmundson and Barron. It seemed like they were on the ice for every single NSH goal. Yeesh. Break up that pairing ASAP!!

Not far off, it was five of six goals.

I couldn't watch tonight's goal but stats say Xhekaj and Wideman were credible, and not just excessively sheltered. Did the eye test confirm that?

Was Slafkovsky’s 11 minutes so important to the Habs that he couldn’t be at the world juniors?

Slafkovsky is being mismanaged by HuGo and Marty IMO. 

Send him to Laval, 4th line minutes with low skill players isn’t a recipe for success. 

On Edmundson and Barron: 

I think Edmundson is playing so poorly that his D partner spends too much time covering his ass. Try Barron with Harris or Xhekaj and I bet there is a significant difference. 

Edmundson has looked like crap the entire season. Perhaps he is still injured. Whatever the reason, I hope he is traded soon. 

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Was Slafkovsky’s 11 minutes so important to the Habs that he couldn’t be at the world juniors? Slafkovsky is being mismanaged by HuGo and Marty IMO.  Send him to Laval, 4th line minutes with low skill players isn’t a recipe for success.

Screenshot-2023-01-04-at-1.46.29-AM.png

8 minutes ago, DON said:

At least there is no question or debate now on whether the Habs are sellers at the deadline. Hopefully they win a few (especially against Florida) to keep morale and spirits up. 

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Was Slafkovsky’s 11 minutes so important to the Habs that he couldn’t be at the world juniors?

Slafkovsky is being mismanaged by HuGo and Marty IMO. 

Send him to Laval, 4th line minutes with low skill players isn’t a recipe for success. 

On Edmundson and Barron: 

I think Edmundson is playing so poorly that his D partner spends too much time covering his ass. Try Barron with Harris or Xhekaj and I bet there is a significant difference. 

Edmundson has looked like crap the entire season. Perhaps he is still injured. Whatever the reason, I hope he is traded soon. 

From the very beginning of the season, I’ve been hollering that the kid should be down in Laval learning to dominate. Instead they insist on keeping him here, learning how to be a passenger. It’s KK all over again. Hopefully he is not absorbing the toxic lesson that KK seems to have done, i.e., that he is entitled to a roster spot irrespective of performance. 

On Edmundson, his play has been a surprise to me, as he won me over during 2021 and I’ve thought highly of him since. Meanwhile David Savard has quietly re-established himself as a veteran warrior. It does seem likely that Edmundson will be dealt (probably for significant return) at the deadline.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Screenshot-2023-01-04-at-1.46.29-AM.png

God help us.

12 hours ago, Neech said:

Barron looks like he needs to marinate in the minors for a season or three. Hopefully he can turn things around a bit before Guhle or Matheson replace him.

ASAP.

With his play I don’t see Slaf killing it in AHL.  I don’t think he is benefitting from NHL anymore but also don’t see him performing well in minors either.

His hands are blocks, he looks claustrophobic out there and doesn’t have the sense/timing to get open when needed instead of being there a second or two early and ends up being covered.

He should have been left in Europe.   Poor kid can’t seem to grasp this opportunity an d looks disengaged on the ice and on the bench, I don’t think he has the mental fortitude to deal with all of this losing and being dominated.  Took another decent hit last night b/c he took to long to decide and distribute the puck.  AHL will hammer him and don’t think he is safe there.  

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #38 - Habs vs Preds 8pm