Game #39 - Montreal vs New York Rangers - 7 pm

GHT120

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Xhekaj seems to have better self-preservation skills than Guhle.

Guhle seems to get hit too often and puts himself in dangerous spots, whereas Xhekaj has avoided getting rocked (230-240lb may be one key difference?).

Anyways, hope Guhle recovers 100% and is back sooner than later.

I don't think you will see too many players take liberties with Arber unless they are willing to drop the gloves. There is a bit of a fear factor there that Guhle just doesn't have.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Based on what I've seen this season - and I've been missing a ton of games these last few weeks for various reasons - Xhekaj is the least of the team's problems. I know he's a wild-card as a prospect, but don't bet against him carving out a long and effective career for himself. He just seems like a highly resilient guy, unfazed by anything, who keeps plugging away and does have sneaky-good puck-skills. I still like my Kevin Bieksa analogy.

I agree and I also like that analogy.  He is on pace for 10 goals and 28 points, no bad for a rookie defensemen who was supposed to spend the year in Laval. I think Arber is the perfect 3rd pairing defensemen who can play up on occasion. He has never been drafted at any level but has proven people wrong because of his work ethic and dedication. I am cheering for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I agree and I also like that analogy.  He is on pace for 10 goals and 28 points, no bad for a rookie defensemen who was supposed to spend the year in Laval. I think Arber is the perfect 3rd pairing defensemen who can play up on occasion. He has never been drafted at any level but has proven people wrong because of his work ethic and dedication. I am cheering for him.

I also think his hockey IQ is higher than anyone expected -- expectations based on play in the OHL. He makes a lot of good plays, much more so than in junior where he could just rely on brawn.

• Like 1