Game #40 Team Tank v.s. St. Louis - 7 PM

13 hours ago, Neech said:

This group badly needed the win. Back to the regularly scheduled tank now.

We need Andy's trade value to tick up, Drouin's already a lost cause.

I’m not so sure I want them to trade Anderson. Meanwhile, yes, Drouin’s NHL career is kaput and no GM will ship out assets for him. Maybe someone will offer him a PTO next season - but Europe is his likeliest destination.

52 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed! Drouin has pretty much zero trade value with or without that goal. I am confident he will get another chance before the year is over. 

At this point all I hope for is that they can move him, as well as Dadonov, in order to create cap space that will allow HuGo to try to play in any third-party deals around the deadline ... nothing of value in return and as little as possible in terms of a sweetener.

15 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

At this point all I hope for is that they can move him, as well as Dadonov, in order to create cap space that will allow HuGo to try to play in any third-party deals around the deadline ... nothing of value in return and as little as possible in terms of a sweetener.

Agreed, the best the Habs can hope for  is to free up cap space by unloading those two for not much if anything.  Having said that I thought Dadonov looked really good last night. If he keeps that up maybe a late round pick with the Habs retaining 50%. Perhaps that is wishful thinking. 

13 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, the best the Habs can hope for  is to free up cap space by unloading those two for not much if anything.  Having said that I thought Dadonov looked really good last night. If he keeps that up maybe a late round pick with the Habs retaining 50%. Perhaps that is wishful thinking. 

Depending what "irons" Hughes has in the fire I would be OK with sweetening the deal slightly to retain less than 50%

31 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Dandonov seemed to have an extra burst of speed last night that I haven’t seen from him before. If he keeps that up, we may be able to get something for him. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’m not so sure I want them to trade Anderson. Meanwhile, yes, Drouin’s NHL career is kaput and no GM will ship out assets for him. Maybe someone will offer him a PTO next season - but Europe is his likeliest destination.

Anderson's contract is on the verge of becoming a millstone. One injury or a bad season, like his mediocre numbers this year, could make him hard to move as he nears 30. He doesn't make his linemates better - he's more of a complementary piece that can put an already good team over the top. We need to clear out the space for youth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed! Drouin has pretty much zero trade value with or without that goal. I am confident he will get another chance before the year is over. 

I wonder if we move Monohan and Drouin together and retain 50% for both if we could get high value from the Avs. 

the depth they lost in the off-season is really hurting them. Given the  history Drouin has with McKinnon, the Avs may be about the only team that would be willing to give up something for Drouin. They need to add back the depth they lost. Could the two of them

together bring back a 1st+?

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Dandonov seemed to have an extra burst of speed last night that I haven’t seen from him before. If he keeps that up, we may be able to get something for him. 

The Dadonov-Evans-Armia line really seems to be working well together. Let's hope this is just the beginning ...

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think he could revive himself in PHX.

Having zero pressure whatsoever may save his career.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I can’t see Anderson staying healthy through to the end but of his deal. He’s already injured a lot and the way he plays, is going to make the last two years if his deal be as bad as Gallagher is now. Along with Edmondson, he’s probably one of our biggest trading chips, and he’s the type of player GM’s tend to overpay for. If we can get a good return I’d move him in a new your minute. The NYR are a team I think could use him. Their fans and writers are always complaining there is no toughness in the team aside from Trouba and Kreider.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I’d rather use our retention limits to boast the value of players that will be in demand like Monohan.

what they could do is take a couple of expiring contracts of players that aren’t working out for someone like Dandanov, and get a return for that.

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Anderson's contract is on the verge of becoming a millstone. One injury or a bad season, like his mediocre numbers this year, could make him hard to move as he nears 30. He doesn't make his linemates better - he's more of a complementary piece that can put an already good team over the top. We need to clear out the space for youth.

I agree. He already has been injured a lot. Given his salary, He doesn’t produce enough and is injured too much. But I think his physical style will appeal to a lot of GM’s.

9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The Dadonov-Evans-Armia line really seems to be working well together. Let's hope this is just the beginning ...

Yeah that’s one of our “we need to trade the winger’s line”😁

21 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I wonder if we move Monohan and Drouin together and retain 50% for both if we could get high value from the Avs. 

the depth they lost in the off-season is really hurting them. Given the  history Drouin has with McKinnon, the Avs may be about the only team that would be willing to give up something for Drouin. They need to add back the depth they lost. Could the two of them

Interesting idea. We might have to take back a contract to make it work for the Avs. Maybe Mackinnon likes Drouin?

19 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Interesting idea. We might have to take back a contract to make it work for the Avs. Maybe Mackinnon likes Drouin?

I think we have to take a contract back in any deal we make. I don’t mind taking bad deals back - as long as they are expiring, or if it’s for another year tops, and the player will be a good mentor and can take the pressure of some of our kids.

4 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah that’s one of our “we need to trade the winger’s line”😁

It'll good if they start producing, whether we trade Armia or keep him, either way we need him to show value for the contract.

6 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The history Drouin had with MacKinnon was what, a decade ago?  And it's only relevant if the two are playing together.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say the odds of Drouin cracking Colorado's top line is 0.00000000000001%.  Accordingly, their history together is 100% meaningless.

Drouin at 50% has the same value of Drouin at 100% right now - absolutely nothing.  The fact it would involve a team taking on more money than just Monahan (even at 50%) likely would hurt Monahan's value, not help it. 

11 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Depending what "irons" Hughes has in the fire I would be OK with sweetening the deal slightly to retain less than 50%

The more important thing is that you can only retain on a max of 3 contracts at any time.  So i dont think 40 or 50% matters as much as keeping that slot free.to.absorb other teams deals and facilitate a trade deadline move for.a team with limited space (and taking assets for doing so).  Thats more value than a discounted Dadonov or Drouin has right now.

We are likely to use one slot on Monahan.

So at max you can use one on Drouin or Dadonov and still have one spot as a trade facilitator.   But if you want two trade facilitator slots, you need to hold both Drouin and Dadonov.

14 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I generally feel the same regarding Anderson, but if they can get a great return on him then yes.  He lost weight over the summer and I was expecting big things from him this year but he just doesn't seem to be the same.  He appears to be slower and I can't say that I've seen him pull off his usual round the outside and rush to the net thing this year.  

The way I see is that the only way Drouin plays NHL is for a min salary contract, which I doubt he'd take because he's made quite a bit of money and is into real estate.  He doesn't need to play hockey or work ever again if he doesn't want to.   Plus, I also question Europe because of his anxiety might prevent him from considering Europe. 

Due to the cap increasing by $1 mil I imagine many players will go the way of Subban this offseason.  Dadonov is likely done too, but he could easily do KHL.  

if Max Domi is still kicking around, Drouin will find a new contract next year but there is no way it is with the Habs. He is projecting the same as Gomez