Game #41 - Team Tank v.s. Seattle Kraken

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Also, I am calling for a at trick by Evans :)

Well, he might be able to get a Gordy Howe hattrick if Sprong gets a hold of him in the 3rd for dumping him into the boards after bumping Monty.  

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

Seattle are masters at subtle picks. It's crazy how many I've seen tonight. Most not penalties, but smart picks. 

Back in the day the Alfredson Senators were masters as well.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

He didn't look great in that period although he didn't exactly have a lot of help in his defence.

A solid second and third period, though. Finished the game with below expected goals against.

Looking for the bright spots, the Dadonov-Evans-Armia line had another strong game, at least relatively speaking. It seems that this combination works better than anything St-Louis has tried before with these three.

11 minutes ago, Neech said:

At least... some of Slaf's shots found their way to the net...

I was so bummed on that 1 shooting chance Slaf had.  I swear every time I have seen Slaf in the slot with a good shooting chance my feed freezes and when it resumes he scores.  However, on that 1 play when my feed froze I was anticipating Slaf scoring but this time when it resumed he passed over to Anderson. 

2 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Well, he might be able to get a Gordy Howe hattrick if Sprong gets a hold of him in the 3rd for dumping him into the boards after bumping Monty.  

Evans was the best forward out there and Montembeault may have been pulled by a coach wanting to change things up in-game

8 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Can't wait for the trade deadline 

Drouin 

Dvorak 

Dadonov 

Monahan 

Should all be traded

Dvorak 

Edmundson 

Anderson 

Armia 

Hoffman 

Could get traded but no rush on them this year to do it.  Next year more likely for them. 

At this point, if HUGORT manage to offload Drouin and Dadonov for a pair of 7th round draft picks and get anything for Armia without retaining salary/ sending an asset with him, they are indeed the second coming of Sam Pollock. It is almost conceivable that they get a 3rd for Hoffman if he can stay relatively productive and injury free, but for any return of significance its going to be Monahan, Edmunston or Anderson leaving. It would be nice if we could trade Dvorak and keep Monahan on a reasonable deal.... I dare to dream... Long live the SCoSP! 

9 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... Montembeault may have been pulled by a coach wanting to change things up in-game

Not with a backup goalie who, because of a concussion, had played one game (Friday) since November 25th and who gave up 5 goals on 35 shots in that one game ... Primeau was likely only going in if Montembeault was physically unable to continue playing.

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Not with a backup goalie who, because of a concussion, had played one game (Friday) since November 25th and who gave up 5 goals on 35 shots in that one game ... Primeau was likely only going in if Montembeault was physically unable to continue playing.

on RDS they said that MSL has not pulled a goalie in any game this season, if that is true it is suspect

after three unanswered goals and a lifeless team on the ice, some coaches would have made a change of goalie to shake things up. Instead of pulling the goalie with a few minutes to play

again, last night, no in-game adjustments

after the game, on RDS, they were mentioning that average shifts for some players is 1.26 (?) minutes and that that is poor time management: players run out of gas and no one seems to get his ice time shortened regardless of play

---

so yes, I would have pulled him after the first

9 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am glad they lost and kept the fall to the bottom going.

I am sad they lost...especially with St Louis noted as being "furious" with the way they played and Suzuki saying "it was unacceptable".

But I have nothing positive to say about any player today: sad 😪

Xhekaj & Slafkovsk & Montembault i thought played fine. Dont remember Harris have any brain cramps, Suzuki & Caufield had 9 shots which is great to see.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

good for you, Don.

when I posted that, really late last night, I could not think of any positives. :unsure:

I hate seeing the Habs loose, despite trying to sheer for the tank: I hate this but like taking bad medicine I am trying to embrace the rebuild :1vomit:

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

good for you, Don.

when I posted that, really late last night, I could not think of any positives. :unsure:

I hate seeing the Habs loose, despite trying to sheer for the tank: I hate this but like taking bad medicine I am trying to embrace the rebuild :1vomit:

And stuff like Slafkovski's "wish", is another reason would be great to see some good play and even a few wins and not suck for extended periods.

image.png

22 minutes ago, DON said:

But I have nothing positive to say about any player today: sad 😪

Xhekaj & Slafkovsk & Montembault i thought played fine. Dont remember Harris have any brain cramps, Suzuki & Caufield had 9 shots which is great to see.

Dadonov, Evans and Armia had four high-danger scoring chances for, and none against so that confirms solid play by that line.

35 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

on RDS they said that MSL has not pulled a goalie in any game this season, if that is true it is suspect

after three unanswered goals and a lifeless team on the ice, some coaches would have made a change of goalie to shake things up. Instead of pulling the goalie with a few minutes to play

again, last night, no in-game adjustments

after the game, on RDS, they were mentioning that average shifts for some players is 1.26 (?) minutes and that that is poor time management: players run out of gas and no one seems to get his ice time shortened regardless of play

---

so yes, I would have pulled him after the first

Hmmm. Sounds like the bloom is coming off the MSL rose among the francophone commentariat.

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Dadonov, Evans and Armia had four high-danger scoring chances for, and none against so that confirms solid play by that line.

Signs of life by Slaf are important. If he can grind his way out of his torpor and start actually doing something useful out there, it would offer a bit of reassurance that the Habs’ approach of throwing him in the deep end is actually working (or at least not actively harming his development).

RDS has been consistent all season, including the daily shows commenting on the Habs.

TVA commentators are more cheerleaders than critics, specially the ex-players

• Upvote 1