Game #44 Habs vs Rangers 5:00 EST Sunday Jan 15 2023

DON

image.jpeg

How sleepy will the teams be in early game?

Kinda think Habs have easy choice of whether Dach plays centre or wing with Evans out.

Tale of the Tape

Canadiens Statistics Rangers
17-23-3 Record 24-12-7
44.3% (28th) Scoring-chances-for % 49.8% (21st)
2.56 (30th) Goals per game 3.21 (14th)
3.74 (29th) Goals against per game 2.67 (7th)
15.8% (30th) PP% 22.5% (15th)
74.8% (23rd) PK% 80.3% (13th)
0-1-0 H2H Record 1-0-0

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2023/1/15/23555792/canadiens-rangers-game-preview-start-time-tale-of-the-tape-how-to-watch-tv-listings

Great photo there, DON. 👍

The Habs can’t be any sleepier than they were last night…can they??

On Dach: I’d rather call up Rem Pitlick or Richard to fill the gap, given how much we rely on that top line, and how much better Dach seems to be at W. But in the immediate term, Dach is surely the go-to. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

On Dach: I’d rather call up Rem Pitlick or Richard to fill the gap, given how much we rely on that top line, and how much better Dach seems to be at W. But in the immediate term, Dach is surely the go-to. 

If we were fighting for a playoff spot, sure. But as a development opportunity, I’d put Ylonen next to Suzuki, and Dach between Dadonov and Armia (who have both played better recently).

3 hours ago, Neech said:

Strange timing, I guess I'll have it on the background of the NFL game. Unfortunate for the NHL to have the Rangers play at the same time as the Giants.

2 of the 3 NHL games today are early and tomorrow are several early afternoon games...maybe just to avoid going up against my Cowboys vs Tom Brady tomorrow evening?

Go Giants! 

Caufield 3 shots and that cheeky lil puck flip, sneaky.

Gall darn it is hard to force Dadanov to score...he must of missed couple hundred scoring chances so far this year...hands of stone.

3:33 for Hoffman, is he injured or simply 'earned' bench time

Dach was good stand out, nice to see him doing well.

When you see some dumb plays or lazy turnovers by Kovacevic, I you wonder how limited a ceiling he has vs how much rope should he have in his rookie year?

I was impressed by Slafkovsky’s overall game. His board work, Dzone coverage, etc. and he has come a very long way. 

That penalty on Slafkovsky was nonsense. 

Don is right about Dadonov! I mean holy crap man, you are getting prime chances because of your line mates and you convert nothing 💩

Slaf had a really good game.  On his scoring chance Shesterkin saved it with the end of his stick which flew out of his hand afterwards.    

13 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Slafkovsky had his head smashed into the boards by a punch in the back of the head. 

I bet he is in protocol 

Rangers player should be suspended 

I noticed the punch to Slafs head too and another Habs was punched in the same sequence.  I'm not 100% sure if the same Ranger did both punches but I think it was.

The Rags player wont be suspended,  about the best you can hope for is that he gets a $5k fine - possibly x2.

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #44 Habs vs Rangers 5:00 EST Sunday Jan 15 2023