Game #45 Hab vs Jets 7:00pm EST Tuesday Jan 17 2023

DON

11 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Nick and Cole are good ... but not THAT good
:sarcasm_on:

43 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Pitlick at centre?  Hasn't that experiment backfired enough already?  I know they're short on options but yikes.

Drouin missed the morning skate but isn't he expected to play? I would think Pitlick would move to wing with Droun at centre.

28 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Drouin missed the morning skate but isn't he expected to play? I would think Pitlick would move to wing with Droun at centre.

Drouin is not a center, but he is not as good defensively as the other wingers that have played with Suzuki and Caufield. I hope he misses with an undisclosed (<cough> <cough> made up <cough> <cough> ) illness and that he is spared this game where he will probably wear a fumble at the O-blue-line or in coverage.

That being said, I hope Montembeault saves at rate ? .910 and looses. I hope the Dach line does well and that none of the pending UFAs gets hurt.

4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am OK if the Habs take it easy tonight and save their big effort for Florida on Thursday. 

Florida is a win/win game.  The only way Montreal loses is if it goes to OT.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope ... that none of the pending UFAs gets hurt.

There is only one pending UFA to be concerned about ... and Monahan is already on IR ... Drouin and Dadonov would likely to be useful were they to go on LTIR for the rest of the season than they will be in any trade ... at best, maybe we can give them away.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

There is only one pending UFA to be concerned about ... and Monahan is already on IR ... Drouin and Dadonov would likely to be useful were they to go on LTIR for the rest of the season than they will be in any trade ... at best, maybe we can give them away.

You never know who might end up being picked up at the deadline, could be someone we think is totally impossible.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

That being said, I hope Montembeault saves at rate ? .910 and looses. I hope the Dach line does well and that none of the pending UFAs gets hurt.

It looks like we might see Allen back in net.

13 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Between those 2 untradable guys, Drouin has a slightly higher chance of being traded.  He is younger and possesses better playmaking skills.  Although I believe both will finish the season as a Canadien.

22 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I'm fine with giving either up for future considerations. or waiving them and sending them to Laval, or whatever it takes to get them off the roster after the deadline.  I'd like RHP and Ylonen to get 15-20 games of full time minutes post deadline as a kind of extended training camp for next season.  Will let us know if they are NHL ready or not. 

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Florida is a win/win game.  The only way Montreal loses is if it goes to OT.

Certainly don't want OT for the Florida game.  Florida has won a couple in a row and aren't that far from a playoff spot.  It would be a disaster if they snuck into the last playoff spot and won a couple rounds, then their pick goes from maybe 10-12 to 24-26. They aren't many games I want Montreal to win badly but that is one of them. 

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Cole has played 81 games under Marty and has 48 goals.  This is game #82 so can he hit 50?  I certainly hope so and maybe it will be a foreshadow for his final total for this season.  

image.png

He had 1 goal in half a season under Ducharme.

This is crazy.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Pittsburg and NYR have had scouts in Montreal a bunch lately. 

I hope nothing comes of the Lafreniere   rumours. The cost would be too high for the risk IMO. 

I got same feeling, but if Hughes & Gorton think different i just dont know enough to complain about it.

I cant recall even noticing him playing (did he play vs the Habs?, i didnt notice him anyways)

18 minutes ago, DON said:

I got same feeling, but if Hughes & Gorton think different i just dont know enough to complain about it.

I cant recall even noticing him playing (did he play vs the Habs?, i didnt notice him anyways)

He did play and he didn’t look good. Sloppy with the puck and turns the puck over - but he is very young. 

Barron has looked significantly better than he did in preseason and I hope he has a good night with Edmundson 

6 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

He did play and he didn’t look good. Sloppy with the puck and turns the puck over - but he is very young. 

Barron has looked significantly better than he did in preseason and I hope he has a good night with Edmundson 

same here, I like Barron a lot

I am also glad Drouin is not playing this game. It is clear he is done in MTL (I still had a faint hope, I like the person through interviews and media) 

Let’s hope Dach does well and that Ylonen does not look out of place 

Who will be the better Barron tonight in Barron vs Barron?   It's too bad Justin isn't the same size as his 6'-4" 220 lbs brother Morgan.  

9 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I thought he looked alright, better than I've seen him in other games.  However, I'm not advocating to get him. He's the Rags problem.  

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #45 Hab vs Jets 7:00pm EST Tuesday Jan 17 2023