Cole Caufield out for the season

dlbalr

Dont think much ado and is history now.

Am sure was lots of internal discussion on injury.

And press guy just stirring the pot...kinda his job i guess.

Oh man, that is the worst possible news.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

That provides a bit of comfort at least, they're doing this early enough so that it won't linger into training camp.

Speaking of Cole's contract:

image.png

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

This is the first time that I’ve seen anything about questions regarding the effectiveness of the Habs medical team. 

Ironically, I don't really question the Habs medical staff, but I have certainly wondered about their physical trainers.  The Habs do tend to have a lot of nagging injuries that are primarily soft tissue injuries vs bone breaks and where the is no obvious play that caused of the injury.

I do recall Cole being hit a couple of times earlier in the season that could explain how he injured his shoulder.  I recall in the Nash game that McDonough was roughing Cole up and he immediately went to the bench afterwards so I was worried that he got injured but that probably further aggravated his original injury.   

58 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I have no insight or know anything about Habs medical staff and systems but Engels does make a pretty good point here:

I can think of one reason it wasn't made a lot sooner, Caufield would have wanted to get to Game 42 for bonus purposes and it wouldn't have looked good for the organization to shut him down and take away eligibility for some of his 'A' bonuses worth $212,500, especially heading into contract talks.  Earlier in the day, it was suggested that something happened on Friday that made them take this action so there might have been some sort of flare-up where everyone went okay, now it's time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

The only good news is this should almost guarantee a top-3 pick.  I hope there won't be any long-term effects from this.

Haven't Montréal lead the league in man games lost the last 2 seasons? 

We aren’t finishing that low.

4 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Ironically, I don't really question the Habs medical staff, but I have certainly wondered about their physical trainers.  The Habs do tend to have a lot of nagging injuries that are primarily soft tissue injuries vs bone breaks and where the is no obvious play that caused of the injury.

I do recall Cole being hit a couple of times earlier in the season that could explain how he injured his shoulder.  I recall in the Nash game that McDonough was roughing Cole up and he immediately went to the bench afterwards so I was worried that he got injured but that probably further aggravated his original injury.   

Good recall on that. I’d forgotten that incident.

This is the second year in a row the Habs have been just decimated by injuries. I don’t play a doctor on TV, but I think that was a fair question to ask of the organization.

Did anyone else see Cole's interview?

He injured his shoulder before X-mas in Dallas when he had an awkward fall and he popped it back in seconds later; and "it wasn't too bad".  However, in the Nash game it happened again (likely McDonough) and said it was more painful.  If they were in a playoff race he'd still be playing, but it isnt his decision anyway.  

The Habs actually took away his sticks and skates.  

Apparently, its the same injury, operation, & even Dr that Anderson had.  The Dr said another bad fall could cause permanent damage so they shut him down.  After the operation he will have a 100% recovery.

I sorta sounds like he might have had a shoulder issue in the summer.  He didn't really think much about the Dallas fall and it doesn't seem like he informed the medical staff about it.  However, after the Nash game he could still play but he knew something wasn't right that he had it checked out.  

The reporting is confusing. It sounds like a dislocation. Not separation. An ac separation is not something you pop back in. I don't think so anyway. I had one. It's a separation of the clavicle and scapula if I remember correctly. 

Surgery scheduled for Wed... like everyone, just hope it goes great, he heals quick & the young fellow is back to 100% in the fall and puts up 50+ next season.:pray: