Game #48 - January 24, 2023 - Canadiens vs Bruins - 7:00 pm

GHT120

To be updated

Totally tongue-in-cheek question:

Was Saturday a "dead cat bounce" or was Caufield the issue all along?

On 1/22/2023 at 1:15 PM, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Back to back games where I can’t cheer for the tank. 

Bruins can screw themselves along with the leafs. 

Hope the AHL Canadiens can crush boston

Don't think we're are going to get the top pick. Our hope is  we need to stay within a top 10. For now we need to cheer for the panthers to lose and become a lottery team.  Would be a great bonus to have 2 top 10 picks if we can't get the first overall pick.

Beating the Leafs...again, was much different result than i expected. Loved it... then they air that Ballard documentary...just a great weekend for a Habs fan.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:15 AM, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Back to back games where I can’t cheer for the tank. 

Bruins can screw themselves along with the leafs. 

Hope the AHL Canadiens can crush boston

I love beating Toronto and Boston BUT if the Habs win the rest of their games against Boston and Toronto (total of 5 games ) then a bottom 5 finish isn't going to happen. I can live with an entertaining 6-4 loss tonight with Suzuki scoring a couple and Xhekaj beating the crap out of some Bruin who gets a little too mouthy. 

30 minutes ago, illWill said:

Does anybody want 2 free tickets in the reds? Late notice I know but my wife and son's flight into town got delayed and can't make it. Have to sit next to me though.

Pm for details!

Can't make it from Toronto in time.

When the Habs were on the power play, I thought for a moment they were struggling to kill it off.  You know things aren't going well on the power play when you forget they're on the power play and somehow think they're shorthanded (and struggling).

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Dach playing center, driving his own line and winning faceoffs.  I'm not saying I'm sold on him yet that he will be a top-6 center, but he's doing everything to convince me.

He needs to play centre imo. Put that line together now and then, but he's a centre. Needs to improve face offs, but...

13 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Dach playing center, driving his own line and winning faceoffs.  I'm not saying I'm sold on him yet that he will be a top-6 center, but he's doing everything to convince me.

Dach cost us Romanov and Poehling. 

I’m thinking we did pretty good in that whole transaction. 

I’m also trying to imagine Dach with two good wingers…

EDIT

I messed up this trade in my head as Poehling actually went to the Pens along with Petry

Edited by Prime Minister Koivu
Messed up the trade parts
  • Like 1

I have never before not been seriously upset by the Habs losing to Boston. I'm hoping this new detachment only lasts for this season. Also, I don't think that I have ever been more wrong about a trade than I was in the immediate aftermath of Romanov being dealt for Dach. 

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #48 - January 24, 2023 - Canadiens vs Bruins - 7:00 pm