Game #49 Detroit at Montreal 7pm est Jan 26

POLLS 🤔  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is the ceiling of Kovacevic?

• First pairing
    • Second pairing
    • Third pairing
    • Seventh/Spare

22-24 minutes icetime for Dach in the last 3 games, looks good on him.

Wideman was the most glaring weakness.

Is Suzuki trying to do too much? I know he extended at least a couple shifts, when he had a chance to and should of changed?

Nice to see Allen play well in return, too bad PP still sucks.

1 hour ago, DON said:

22-24 minutes icetime for Dach in the last 3 games, looks good on him.

Wideman was the most glaring weakness.

Is Suzuki trying to do too much? I know he extended at least a couple shifts, when he had a chance to and should of changed?

Nice to see Allen play well in return, too bad PP still sucks.

RDS commentators have been saying all season that Suzuki tends to extend his shifts far to often.

Seems like it is not something MSL is concerned about 

55 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

RDS commentators have been saying all season that Suzuki tends to extend his shifts far to often.

When NS's line scoring a third of the team's goals perhaps more difficult to come down too hard ... perfect opportunity now.

55 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I wouldn’t be concerned with Suzuki extending his shifts this season either, as long as it doesn’t result in injury.  It would be nice to have a high-scoring workhorse.  Also once his shifts are reigned in, he will conserve less energy and it should make him a more explosive player.

15 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I wouldn’t be concerned with Suzuki extending his shifts this season either, as long as it doesn’t result in injury.  It would be nice to have a high-scoring workhorse.  Also once his shifts are reigned in, he will conserve less energy and it should make him a more explosive player.

Injury is my concern

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I remember reading recently (maybe in The Athletic) that this is something St. Louis has tried to address with Suzuki but Suzuki hasn't necessarily bought in yet.  In Suzuki's defence, his line has basically been the only one all season long that can score so I can see why he might be inclined to stay out there longer.

10 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Suzuki has been invisible lately.

He’s playing with a marginal NHL’er, and a guy who plays his ass off but usually has zero chemistry with his linemates.

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

It’s tough to properly judge Suzuki right now because he traded Caufield for Pitlick and Dach for Anderson…

Its also clear that Dach is a centre, a very good and growing centre that might just be better than Suzuki at some point. 

I definitely don’t want him on the wing anymore, now that he seems to have his confidence. Let him improve at centre playing centre! Something that MT and MB never seemed to grasp, except when they wanted to turn the great French hope winger MB traded for into a centre.

58 minutes ago, DON said:

Suzuki 

Gesundheit

21 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I definitely don’t want him on the wing anymore, now that he seems to have his confidence. Let him improve at centre playing centre! Something that MT and MB never seemed to grasp, except when they wanted to turn the great French hope winger MB traded for into a centre.

To be fair to those guys, although I’m not sure why I’d want to be, Galchenyuk probably wasn’t a serious candidate for C in retrospect. The big mistake with him was not leaving him develop properly in the minors in the first place. 

The last few weeks of Kirby Dach’s play at C are great news for the organization. Hopefully he both sustains it and continues to progress. Having Suzuki followed by a fast, tough-to-play-against, productive power C will be a great recipe for the rebuild. Go Kirby go!!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #49 Detroit at Montreal 7pm est Jan 26