Game #50 Habs vs Sens 7 PM

Neech

Yeah, good thread 👍 I like the non-linear thinking.

I hate the Senators organization. They're not a respected-yet-despised rival like the Bruins; nor are they evil incarnate like Toronto. They're a third-rate POS franchise, unworthy of our attention, that always gets cranked up for games against us and so manages to be a pain in the ass. Kind of like the Hartford Whalers used to be, minus the cool uniform and excellent name. A distant third on my "hated teams" list, but definitely on it.

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #50 Habs vs Sens 7 PM
4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Nice choice of video. 🙂

It is, but personally, I prefer this one: 

Beck is winner, and he's where its at.  Plus, its where the Habs are at - they're injured and needed to call him up.  

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I only Half assed watched this one and it doesn’t look like I missed much!

The first period was really close.  Ottawa was a bit better in the second.  The Habs didn't bother showing up for the third.

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The first period was really close.  Ottawa was a bit better in the second.  The Habs didn't bother showing up for the third.

Sounds like I made a wise decision to turn it off after the second. Blech.

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Agreed. And Forsberg had a solid game in the Ottawa net, too.

At least Beck did fine.

Wonder if he dresses in his OHL game tomorrow?

Anyways, great to see him get the experience, aside from the shutout.

Dach still had some nice work out there and stripped Sens of a few pucks.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Tough period for Xhekaj.  It happens.  The Habs aren't playing all that poorly either despite being down 3.

Yep, it could have easily been 3-3 at that point.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sigh. One thing this team is going to need to solve is to stop taking so many penalties.

They definitely take a lot of penalties, but I find their bigger issue is making a ton of poor puck choices when in the o-zone. 

ex:  in the 1st period a Hab was in the middle of the ice and passed to the right side and that player really had no shot.  The guy on the right side had a perfect passing lane to a wide open guy on the far side who would have had a great shot.  However, the 1 with the puck didnt notice and took a low chance shot.  Later on when WiFi was in the middle of the ice he did similar and passed off to the side vs shoot.  

At 5v5

The Dach line with Hoffman and Dadonov played really well. 

Kovacevic, Matheson, Harris, and Barron also did well. 

Decent enough night from Anderson and Suzuki and Pitlick though not as good as Dach's line. 

3rd and 4th lines, and Savard Xhekaj pair got caved in.

Special teams was poor and team took too many penalties which was the biggest issue.