Prime Minister Koivu

POLLS!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is the ceiling of Barron?

• First pairing
    • Second pairing
    • Third pairing
    • 7th/spare
  2. 2. Will Dach eventually surpass Suzuki in point production?

• Yes
    • No

With Armia back (Pitlick's the scratch), the Habs have a spare forward for the first time in...well, I don't remember how long.  It's been a while.

Congrats to Belzile on his first NHL goal.  Nice start to the period for the Habs before Edmonton found their skating legs.

So, shall we use this game as Exhibit #1 for the case that faceoffs don't matter all that much?

Halfway through the game, the Habs are 16.7% in the circle, Dvorak at 37.5%, Suzuki at 10% ... and everyone else a flat zero. And yet, the Oilers are being blanked 3-0. 🤔

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Call up Trudeau?...no more Wideman please!

Trudeau isn't ready yet, he's just hitting a groove in Laval.  Wideman will play and they should be recalling Schueneman or Beaudin to be the designated scratch.

watched later in the evening. Liked Lavallagher's game. Allen was solid, Barron played well but Harris was much better

I would have preferred a loss, but they will come later this season. It was a fun weekend

11 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

RHP!

Is he for real?

I believe the consensus is that he is a bottom-6 NHLer, but he has been on fire on the top line. He is this year's Pitlick, but may have more drive/juice/upswing to stick in the NHL

9 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I believe the consensus is that he is a bottom-6 NHLer, but he has been on fire on the top line. He is this year's Pitlick, but may have more drive/juice/upswing to stick in the NHL

Obviously no one expects anything from a 7th round pick, but I also hate the tendency to assume that draft order is destiny.

I suspect one giveaway that he’s not the real deal is the lack of assists. Usually that implies that a guy has a hot hand, rather than a high-end skill set. That being said, he’s a 65-point player in the AHL. That could *conceivably* suggest skill talent to be a reasonably productive NHLer, maybe a useful 3rd liner who can take a turn on the 2nd line for spells. The Pitlick parallel probably is the right one, though.

RHP has shown more at various levels than Pitlick did before last season. 

RHP might be the real deal as a second or third line player. 

I don't think he's going to keep the pace he's on.... but he's shown capable of being gallagher-lite (prime gallagher, not the one we have today). 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

RHP has shown more at various levels than Pitlick did before last season. 

RHP might be the real deal as a second or third line player. 

I don't think he's going to keep the pace he's on.... but he's shown capable of being gallagher-lite (prime gallagher, not the one we have today). 

That's my feeling, too. The sample size is still very small, but just maybe ...

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

That's my feeling, too. The sample size is still very small, but just maybe ...

His style, of going to the net and causing havoc, is something that translates well at any level including the NHL.  Thats why i have more hope with him than I ever had with Pitlick.