Game 54 Chicago at Montreal 7pm est, Tuesday February 14. Valentines Special

Prime Minister Koivu

GDT POLLS 🤔  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Super Bowl - was that holding call against Philly in the late 4th quarter a good call

• Yes it was the right call
    • No it was a weak call
  2. 2. What is the ceiling of Primeau?

• NHL starter
    • NHL back up
    • Lifetime AHL or Europe etc
    • Out of hockey completely

I think we are in the place that Hughes was talking about when he said that sometimes there are too many wins…

However, in the spirit of Valentines day, I hope Dach scores at least a hat trick against those idiots in Chicago for throwing away such a great young forward. 

Projected lines:

RHP - Suzuki - Anderson 

Dadonov - Dach - Hoffman 

Armia - Dvorak - Drouin 

Pezzetta - Belzile - Pitlick 

Matheson - Barron

Harris - Kovacevic 

Wideman - Savard

Montembault 

Bring on the trade deadline please 🙏 

• Upvote 1

The call was horseshit. 

When you make 0 DPI or Defensive holding calls for 58 minutes, you can't call some ticky tack bullshit in the last two minutes. 

If they were calling everything close all game, I could see it.  But the refs have to be consistent.  If they didn't call similar plays all game long (and that stuff was happening all game) you can't just make one call with 2 minutes to play. 

Should have been 4th down. 

Chiefs would have kicked the FG (lets assume they make the longer FG) and the Eagles would have had 1:30 or so and 2 timeouts with a drive to win or tie. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

... If they were calling everything close all game, I could see it.  But the refs have to be consistent ...

THAT is the issue in most instances concerns about penalties; NFL, CFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, etc.  ... refs rarely call phantom penalties ... the issue is usually calling something that hasn't been called all game or not calling something that has been called all game.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

The call was horseshit. 

When you make 0 DPI or Defensive holding calls for 58 minutes, you can't call some ticky tack bullshit in the last two minutes. 

If they were calling everything close all game, I could see it.  But the refs have to be consistent.  If they didn't call similar plays all game long (and that stuff was happening all game) you can't just make one call with 2 minutes to play. 

Should have been 4th down. 

Chiefs would have kicked the FG (lets assume they make the longer FG) and the Eagles would have had 1:30 or so and 2 timeouts with a drive to win or tie. 

The refs were letting him get away with that holding call all game. You know as a player in the fourth they're going to call it tight. He even said after he was hoping they wouldn't call it when he did it.  Refs didn't lose the game. 

KC played great in the 4th and earned the win, but that call was pretty tight. He didn't interrupt his route at all, and he was a mile away from getting a reception. It was a hold. The hold didn't affect the route at all. Without the hold, he still is nowhere near being able to catch it. Huge impact on the game. Too bad. It was shaping up to be one of the better superbowls I've seen in a bit.

27 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

KC played great in the 4th and earned the win, but that call was pretty tight. He didn't interrupt his route at all, and he was a mile away from getting a reception. It was a hold. The hold didn't affect the route at all. Without the hold, he still is nowhere near being able to catch it. Huge impact on the game. Too bad. It was shaping up to be one of the better superbowls I've seen in a bit.

He pulled on his jersey coming off the line then again in route . The player even emitted to holing him and hoping they wouldn't call it. 

I'm unable to reply to quotes. I won't pollute the thread with superbowl talk after this. It was a hold. I said that. So by the book, it was a penalty. Just thought it was a shit call considering even if he didn't touch him at all, there's no way he is even close to making the reception. 

40 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I'm unable to reply to quotes. I won't pollute the thread with superbowl talk after this. It was a hold. I said that. So by the book, it was a penalty. Just thought it was a shit call considering even if he didn't touch him at all, there's no way he is even close to making the reception. 

Maybe they need to rewrite that rule to give refs some lean way. 

But kinda of hull's ⛸ in the paint in OT that wasn't called and won them the cup. See I put some hockey in it 😹

Either way if refs don't make the call then it's a blown call.  Refs can't win .

The Habs will be using a special jersey in the warm up to celebrate Black History month.

cut.jpg

Interestingly, I was surprised to hear and had no idea that Jordan Harris is African American.  I thought that it might be due to a grand parent, but apparently it's his dad.   Peter Harris was a goalie and was drafted by the NYI in 86 (8th rnd 17th - 164th overall) but never played in the NHL. 

9 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

The Habs will be using a special jersey in the warm up to celebrate Black History month.

cut.jpg

Interestingly, I was surprised to hear and had no idea that Jordan Harris is African American.  I thought that it might be due to a grand parent, but apparently it's his dad.   Peter Harris was a goalie and was drafted by the NYI in 86 (8th rnd 17th - 164th overall) but never played in the NHL. 

I dig that logo!

15 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Let's go Chicago 

Draft-wise, this is a MUST LOSE game ... a loss tonight and Habs are 9 points ahead with Chicago holding two games in hand ... the odds of "catching" Chicago are mince ... but there is no reason to make the job of the teams "ahead" of them in the lottery any easier ... but I expect them to win ... players are on a high.

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Second period already much more wide-open, shots for the period are already up to 4-3 at the halfway point!

I ended up watching and at least the last five minutes were exciting. 

Chicago is absolutely terrible but I hope they miss Bedard. Even so, please win tonight Chicago.