Game 55 Montreal at Carolina 7pm est Thursday Feb 16

Prime Minister Koivu

Wins = More Polls  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Drouin for league minimum next season?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is Barron ready to play full time in the NHL?

• Yes
    • No

Seriously folks! When does a losing streak begin? Do I need to cheer for a Kotkaniemi hat trick? (LOL). 

We have a team full of AHL call ups that are working their butts off so that they stay with the team and we keep winning…Not to mention the better play of Drouin, Dadonov, Hoffman. 

Carolina should destroy us but this Habs team has been getting it done.  

Projected lines:

RHP - Suzuki - Anderson 

Dadonov - Dach - Hoffman 

Armia - Dvorak - Drouin 

Pezetta - Belzile- Ylonen/Pitlick 

Harris - Savard

Matheson - Barron

Kovacevic - Wideman 

45 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Seriously folks! When does a losing streak begin? Do I need to cheer for a Kotkaniemi hat trick? (LOL). 

Back in the day, when the Habs were a legit playoff team (not a wild-card chaser), we used to call it "playing down to the opposition" ... always easier to play well when there is no expectation from the media, the fans or the opposition that you will ... also one of the reasons that I am cautious in evaluating Montembeault's performance this season.

Fell awkwardly after being pushed, Habs got a pp out of that but it was a weak penalty

He played a bit but seemed to feel discomfort I. The neck or left shoulder 

I'm starting to think that RHP isn't a fluke.  I highly disagree with the people that have said that he is similar to Gally.  I always complain that the Habs are often way too close to the goal line/crease.  However, RHP doesn't do that. i.e. he gets it.  He seems to know to be slightly farther away from the crease and in the slot which important for: a) people can actually pass to him; and more importantly b) he can take a decent shot at the net with a good chance it goes in.  

Hope Barron isnt hurt too bad.

6 shots for Anderson.

Armia & Hoffman led forwards in PP icetime, ugg.

Wideman & Kovacavic both earned their -4.

Felt bad for Montembault.

Dach, Barron, Slafkovski, Guhle, Xhekaj, Caufield, crappy.

10 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm starting to think that RHP isn't a fluke.  I highly disagree with the people that have said that he is similar to Gally.  I always complain that the Habs are often way too close to the goal line/crease.  However, RHP doesn't do that. i.e. he gets it.  He seems to know to be slightly farther away from the crease and in the slot which important for: a) people can actually pass to him; and more importantly b) he can take a decent shot at the net with a good chance it goes in.  

Although it's a small sample size up to this point, RHP looks very good.  His shooting % isn't sustainable, but he sure looks like he's got more goal scoring ability than Gallagher.  Let's hope he keeps it up.