Trade Deadline 2023 - Friday, March 3rd, 3pm EST

Neech

Polls for the People  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we trade Anderson for a big return (i.e. 1st rounder + good prospect and salary filler)?

• Trade him
    • Keep him
  2. 2. Will we find a taker for any of these mediocre forwards?

• Hoffman
    • Dadonov
    • Drouin
    • Armia
  3. 3. Will we get a 1st rounder for Monahan or Edmonston?

• 1st for both
    • 1st for Eddy
    • 1st for Monahan
    • Neither

9 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Vitali Kravtsov goes to Vancouver.  There were some credible reports suggesting the Habs were in on that one although, given the return, they weren't that interested.  This is one of the dominoes needed for Patrick Kane to go to the Rangers and the other one will fall tomorrow after 2 PM ET when waivers wrap up.

Seems like a no-brainer for the Canucks. If I were a Van fan who had managed not to jump off the Alex Fraser Bridge in despair, I’d be nervous about their strategy of looking for reclamation projects, though. But if they hit on a couple, they’ll look like geniuses.

Habs trade Dandonov for Denis Gurianov. Per NHL.com:

Denis Gurianov from the Dallas Stars in exchange for forward Evgenii Dadonov.

The Canadiens will retain 50% of Dadonov's salary until the end of the current season.

A 6'03'', 205-pound right-winger, Gurianov has two goals and seven assists in 43 games this year.

Drafted 12th overall by the Stars in 2015, Gurianov has 103 points (46 goals, 57 assists) in 257 career NHL games.

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Habs trade Dandonov for Denis Gurianov. Per NHL.com:

Denis Gurianov from the Dallas Stars in exchange for forward Evgenii Dadonov.

The Canadiens will retain 50% of Dadonov's salary until the end of the current season.

A 6'03'', 205-pound right-winger, Gurianov has two goals and seven assists in 43 games this year.

Drafted 12th overall by the Stars in 2015, Gurianov has 103 points (46 goals, 57 assists) in 257 career NHL games.

Good size ... Gurianov is a pending RFA (so they can walk-away if they so choose after a look-see) ... in his first full NHL season he had 20 goals in 64 games (25g/82gm pace) ... but has been on a downward slide since (12/55, 11/73, 2/43) ... time for some MSL magic.

51 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A reclamation project, ironically not unlike Kravtsov in Vancouver. 

Even if Gurianov tops out as a decent 4th liner, that's good return for that POS Dandonov.

Kravtsov seems like more of an unknown and thus more intriguing. Surprising that he went for basically nothing.

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Kravtsov seems like more of an unknown and thus more intriguing. Surprising that he went for basically nothing.

His ceiling is still fairly high, surely top six. Whether the Habs’ coaching and player development team can get him there remains to be seen.

14 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Sucks about Mon's injury around the deadline. Don't think we'll be able to trade him which sucks because it was looking like we could get another 1st round pick for him. If we can't trade him I wouldn't mind them resigning him to a 2 year deal if we can.  

No more than ONE year IMO.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

No more than ONE year IMO.

Yeah, how much leverage does Monahan have, exactly? After two disastrous, injury-compromised seasons, he had 25 excellent games with Montreal before suffering yet another injury. Teams will be willing to take a flyer on the guy, but I really doubt even the dummies that occupy the league's managerial offices will be lining up to offer him major term/salary. Two years will be the maximum, surely.

Chicago now has 2+3+1 picks in the first three rounds this year, 2+2+2 next year and 2+1+1 in 2025. Lots of darts but that rebuild is going to take a while yet, they are going full scorched earth.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Chicago now has 2+3+1 picks in the first three rounds this year, 2+2+2 next year and 2+1+1 in 2025. Lots of darts but that rebuild is going to take a while yet, they are going full scorched earth.

which I would have liked the Habs do

52 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

which I would have liked the Habs do

There are no guarantees that it will work any better. We should check in 2028 to see how Chicago looks as compared to the Habs; maybe you'll be able to say "I told you so", or maybe not.

But I also don't think St-Louis would have been nearly as keen to sign up for a scorched-earth assignment.

48 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

There are no guarantees that it will work any better. We should check in 2028 to see how Chicago looks as compared to the Habs; maybe you'll be able to say "I told you so", or maybe not.

But I also don't think St-Louis would have been nearly as keen to sign up for a scorched-earth assignment.

I'm sure that if people wanted players like Drouin, Hoffman, Monahan, Edmundson, etc.... we'd be selling them off too.  Chicago didn't have the injuries or poor performance in guys they are selling this year. 

We had the same sales on Toffoli, Chiarot, Lehkonen etc last year.

*** MIGHT *** this help Drouin's trade value.

Once free of Montreal.........

31 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

*** MIGHT *** this help Drouin's trade value.

Once free of Montreal.........

not a chance, his trade value is cast in stone. but on the other hand, I agree with you that once freed from Montreal, he will do better

32 minutes ago, DON said:

Glad to see Puljujarvi going to Carolina and not Montreal...holy pile of Finns there.

That's a $3M QO, about the same as Gurianov. Will be interesting to see how freely Carolina hands out cash to the next Finn ...

(Of course, he was traded for Puistola, also a Finn, but still playing in Liiga at 22.)