Game 56 - Canadiens vs Maple Leafs - 7 pm - February 18

GHT120

Lines to follow if I find them

I am glad they are keeping the Armia-Dvorak-Drouin line together. Hoping the three can be traded away on a hockey trade... one can dream a bit on this gosh awful season

I thought Allen kept the Habs in the game for two periods.

Shueneman wasn't that bad, but Kovacevic was eaten alive by the Leafs a few times and the 4th line got hemmed in a few times.

85%-man, Suzuki, had a quiet game. I miss the version were he paid with pace and energy. I don't like passive-Suzie

RHP and Belzile had a good games given everything else.

8 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I thought Allen kept the Habs in the game for two periods.

Shueneman wasn't that bad, but Kovacevic was eaten alive by the Leafs a few times and the 4th line got hemmed in a few times.

85%-man, Suzuki, had a quiet game. I miss the version were he paid with pace and energy. I don't like passive-Suzie

RHP and Belzile had a good games given everything else.

The game I saw (actually I didn’t bother watching the entire third period) was one in which the Habs were completely outclassed in all facets, but hung in for a good while courtesy of good goaltending. When we were up 1-0 I thought maybe it could turn into one of those stolen games, but once the Leafs built a lead there was no sense that the Habs were going to threaten a serious comeback. That’s quite unlike the dynamic we saw for the first third of the season, when the Habs were capable of mounting spirited games for 60 minutes. This bunch is too denuded by injuries.

I know Suzuki is missing his wingman, but I was hoping he’d take another step this season. Instead, he’s settling in as a 60-point C again. In an ideal world, the franchise centreman in a rebuild would be a guy who can drive offence at a higher rate even without a Mike Bossy on his wing. I love Slick Nick, but I’ll admit that I do sometimes get that “1A C” feeling from him. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The game I saw (actually I didn’t bother watching the entire third period) was one in which the Habs were completely outclassed in all facets, but hung in for a good while courtesy of good goaltending. When we were up 1-0 I thought maybe it could turn into one of those stolen games, but once the Leafs built a lead there was no sense that the Habs were going to threaten a serious comeback. That’s quite unlike the dynamic we saw for the first third of the season, when the Habs were capable of mounting spirited games for 60 minutes. This bunch is too denuded by injuries.

I know Suzuki is missing his wingman, but I was hoping he’d take another step this season. Instead, he’s settling in as a 60-point C again. In an ideal world, the franchise centreman in a rebuild would be a guy who can drive offence at a higher rate even without a Mike Bossy on his wing. I love Slick Nick, but I’ll admit that I do sometimes get that “1A C” feeling from him. 

right now, Dach seems to be progressing so well that he may be that dynamic 1C centre with Nick sliding to 2C. Like Tavares did.

23 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

right now, Dach seems to be progressing so well that he may be that dynamic 1C centre with Nick sliding to 2C. Like Tavares did.

I’d love if that came to pass, but I have trouble seeing Dach as a stud PPG #1C. I *suspect* he’ll top out as a 60-point #2/1A. It’s not unrealistic to posit the rebuild leaving us with two such C rather than a heavy-duty #1.

9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think a deeper lineup and actual first liners on his wings for an entire season will see Suzy score in the 80 point range.

If Dubois comes here, a top 9 centred by PLD, Suzy and Dach is good enough to contend if we fill out the rest of the lineup right.