Game #61 - Habs vs Kings - March 2, 10:30pm

Neech

Will it matter, i wonder?

Again, not horrible to keep a big ol veteran, who is know to be the biggest cheerleader/team building dude off the ice. And hope he is healthy next season. 

57 minutes ago, DON said:

Will it matter, i wonder?

Again, not horrible to keep a big ol veteran, who is know to be the biggest cheerleader/team building dude off the ice. And hope he is healthy next season.

It matters if there's a chance of a trade, him returning helps.  I'm not entirely sold on that happening though.  Also, if Edmundson was available, that would give them an extra body in case they need to scratch someone for trade-related reasons since they didn't bother carrying any extra healthy skaters on the road trip.  As of tomorrow, that doesn't matter (expanded rosters) but it's a bit risky if a move materializes beforehand.

18 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It matters if there's a chance of a trade, him returning helps.  I'm not entirely sold on that happening though.  Also, if Edmundson was available, that would give them an extra body in case they need to scratch someone for trade-related reasons since they didn't bother carrying any extra healthy skaters on the road trip.  As of tomorrow, that doesn't matter (expanded rosters) but it's a bit risky if a move materializes beforehand.

Thanks Brian for correction...but if he plays or not likley does not impact trade likelihood is what i was getting at.

23 minutes ago, DON said:

Thanks Brian for correction...but if he plays or not likley does not impact trade likelihood is what i was getting at.

If he plays and shows he's healthy, it should help a little bit on the trade front.  That's what I was getting at in the beginning of my last post although I probably should have phrased that more clearly.  Him coming back helps but my guess is that he still stays put.

Someone not interested in Edmundson will not be swayed by him playing tonight, but a GM that is interested but hesitant due to the injury could possibly be convinced to take the risk if Edmundson looks good tonight.

Almost all the big names on the market are gone.  I mean the biggest name left is probably James Van Riemsdyk. 

I'd be calling Buffalo (who have done nothing yet, and want to make the playoffs) and see if they are panicking about not adding anything yet.  

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

... if Edmundson looks good tonight.

I didnt think he looked good before his back went out again.

Is Gallagher out for the year?

46 minutes ago, DON said:

I didnt think he looked good before his back went out again.

Is Gallagher out for the year?

Read/heard (can't recall) earlier today that he is still in a "boot".

32 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Read/heard (can't recall) earlier today that he is still in a "boot".

with Belzile staying with the club, and the addition of Tierney and Gurianov, they will probably shut him down in this god forgiven season

11 minutes ago, Neech said:

Darn it, Barron's hurt, got his head crunched into the glass.

Looked like he was all twisted up and hurt pretty good when the guy left his skates to hit him. . i think?

On the 1st King goal, neither d was in front of net on the face-off and the LA guy walked out in front all alone? Is that the normal set up?

Eddy played 13:29 so far and has seemed 'OK', even venturing into the offensive zones a couple times.

His high-sticking penalty at end of the 2nd...my guess will be costly.

11 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

When I saw the Habs 2nd goal my 1st thought was wow who took that shot.  What a nice snipe by Gurianov.  

yes it was good to see him get one

loved Matheson's spin-a-rama and take puck to net, he still seems like a nice pick-up.

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #61 - Habs vs Kings - March 2, 10:30pm