GAME#62 Habs vs Ducks 10:00 March 3 2023

DON

Should be a battle.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2023/3/3/23623190/canadiens-ducks-game-preview-start-time-tale-of-the-tape-how-to-watch-tv-listings

Tale of the Tape

Canadiens Statistics Ducks
26-31-4 Record 20-34-8
44.0% (29th) Scoring-chances-for % 41.2% (31st)
2.70 (27th) Goals per game 2.50 (31st)
3.58 (26th) Goals against per game 4.06 (32nd)
16.5% (30th) PP% 15.6% (32nd)
74.0% (28th) PK% 73.3% (30th)
0-1-0 H2H Record 1-0-0

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

5th vs 7th isn't really all that big a difference.

Depends entirely on who is available at 5, 6 and 7 ... the evaluations I've read vary ... some have said 5 franchise quality players (versus Bedard in the generational category) are available, some have said as many as 7 ... all of which are, of course, individual opinions.

31 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Injuries help with the tank we need to get into the bottom 5. 

And more injuries hurt Laval more which hurts their playoff chances which could hurt some prospect development.  You can want them to lose but ideally, they can lose without losing any more players to the injury bug.

32 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Drouin scores!!!

image.png

All the GMs have big regret now.  They could of have had Drouin for a bag of pucks.  

I was disappointed we couldn’t move that ding-a-ling but not surprised.

Wow, that sequence was crazy.  2 posts no goal.  

I'm really liking Gurianov so far.  He was looking smart on that PP.  The other Habs just need to figure out to pass to him more.  He kept moving around into passing lanes and was getting himself open.  

11 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Wake me up on draft day…

What about the lottery?

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

image.jpeg

Imagine if trade deadline day was in his head and now that the deadline is over, he goes on a tear and is a ppg player the rest of the way!

I half want that to happen just to witness CC’s reaction when Drouin gets resigned!

2 hours ago, revvvrob said:

Imagine if trade deadline day was in his head and now that the deadline is over, he goes on a tear and is a ppg player the rest of the way!

I half want that to happen just to witness CC’s reaction when Drouin gets resigned!

I wouldn't be against it if the money and term was good. He a skilled, consistent .5 ppg player. He's back checking way more under St. Louis.  I'd rather give Drouin 2 million than Armia at this point. Everyone sees the skill and want him to be a ppg player. He isn't that. But I don't think .5 ppg consistently year over year is garbage.

37 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I wouldn't be against it if the money and term was good. He a skilled, consistent .5 ppg player. He's back checking way more under St. Louis.  I'd rather give Drouin 2 million than Armia at this point. Everyone sees the skill and want him to be a ppg player. He isn't that. But I don't think .5 ppg consistently year over year is garbage.

He’s not coming back even if for some stupid reason we wanted him.

the guy was a primadonna in TB, who  thought too much himself, and wanted more than he was worth. Yzerman was smart bough to dump him, and steal our best D prospect. On the other hand, MB was an idiot not only to trade for him, but then he proceeded to overpay for a guy who had accomplished away. 

It speaks volumes about the low opinion other teams have of him. When a not a single playoff team wanted this .5 PPG player, even though he probably could have been had cheap, at probably 50 to 75% salary retention (if a 3rd team got involved as a middleman).