Game 63 - Habs vs Golden Knights 6pm EST

Neech

FqdbKFSWAAA94o_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Let the regulation losses continue. And more points for Captain Nick!

Guhle and Barron both out of the lineup with UBI's. New addition Allard makes his debut, playing his second NHL game.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Habs looked lost on that Vegas goal and we are running around a lot in the Dzone. 

Loss incoming 🎉

Wouldn’t have it any other way. 

May they lose out the rest of the season. 

I lost respect for Craig Button. His "mock draft" has the Habs picking two left wingers, Colby Barlow and Eduard Sale.  I doubt Button has looked at their depth chart lately, because this team has a much bigger need at center and right winger, over the left side.  Also, Craig must have forgot that Slavkovsky is the left winger they drafted first overall last summer.

I don't have anything against these two players, but with so many good centers at the top half of this draft, I would seriously question Hughes judgment if he used both of his picks to take two left wingers.

Also, Button is terrible as a colour man during this game. Too many times, he interjects to talk about something unrelated or little related to this game while the play is in action. One time the guy calling the game had to interject to quickly describe a scoring chance.  I used to think Pierre Mcguire was a terrible colour man for the Habs, but Button now has risen past him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, habscout said:

I lost respect for Craig Button. His "mock draft" has the Habs picking two left wingers, Colby Barlow and Eduard Sale.  I doubt Button has looked at their depth chart lately, because this team has a much bigger need at center and right winger, over the left side.  Also, Craig must have forgot that Slavkovsky is the left winger they drafted first overall last summer.

I don't have anything against these two players, but with so many good centers at the top half of this draft, I would seriously question Hughes judgment if he used both of his picks to take two left wingers.

Also, Button is terrible as a colour man during this game. Too many times, he interjects to talk about something unrelated or little related to this game while the play is in action. One time the guy calling the game had to interject to quickly describe a scoring chance.  I used to think Pierre Mcguire was a terrible colour man for the Habs, but Button now has risen past him. 

I never thought much of Button, but in fairness, he may just be applying the BPA principle.

BPA fits a team when they have depth, but that's not the case in a rebuilding Montreal.  

I give this team credit for rallying back to make this game 4-3. They made it exciting to watch.

Perfect result! Hoffman nearly tied it up in the final minute but the hockey gods kept it out.

Matheson looks like he has 50-point potential in a healthy lineup, he was our best player today.

I still think RHP is the real deal.  He just seems to constantly move around and has a knack for being in the right spots at the right times.  In the last game right before Drouin scored I was expecting him to score.  I wasn't surprised to see him get 1 tonight.

Gurianov was somewhat quiet tonight, but I was thinking he'd be the 1 to get the tying goal that never happened.  It was too bad that he wasn't able to keep that puck out, that was a great attempt.  

2 hours ago, habscout said:

BPA fits a team when they have depth, but that's not the case in a rebuilding Montreal.  

I give this team credit for rallying back to make this game 4-3. They made it exciting to watch.

BPA fits every team.

You have too many of one position, trade them for a different one.

Also its relatively easy to convert LW into a RW.

Good summary, happy to see something positive on Drouin. 

Tierney is underwhelming, place holder if Evans ever comes back from injury (is he out for the season?)

Allen fought hard but the give aways and missed D coverings we’re too much

I like the Laval kids, Ylonen had a strong game

Edited by alfredoh2009
Adding link to article

10 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Gurianov was somewhat quiet tonight

He started the night on the Suzuki line but by the third period he only played two shifts as the Habs worked on a comeback. It seems that he still has some work to do ...

43 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

He started the night on the Suzuki line but by the third period he only played two shifts as the Habs worked on a comeback. It seems that he still has some work to do ...

Armia 2.0

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

.... It seems that he still has some work to do ...

Kinda think he will be doing that work in the KHL come the fall. :ph34r:

I didn't see the game, but was listening. If Kovacevic hit was clean and Martinez made him fight, shouldn't there have been a penalty for Instigating?  The league needs to Crack down on this I feel.

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I didn't see the game, but was listening. If Kovacevic hit was clean and Martinez made him fight, shouldn't there have been a penalty for Instigating?  The league needs to Crack down on this I feel.

Kovacevic dropped the gloves so much earlier than Martinez, I think that was why there was no instigator called.