Harvey-Pinard - Tierney - Ylonen

Pezzetta - Belzile - Richard

Matheson - Savard

Edmundson - Wideman

Guhle - Kovacevic

Allen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Lehkonen going to get lots of cheers tonight, hopefully for also scoring 6 goals tonight. 

Fans seem to love him. I cant remember another time that the Habs fans were cheering an opposing player after they scored a goal. 

7 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Fans seem to love him. I cant remember another time that the Habs fans were cheering an opposing player after they scored a goal. 

Strange times indeed but teams are nipping at our heels in the top 5 draft pick race. 

Never a guarantee of course but a top 5 pick in a strong draft certainly increases the odds. 

If Florida could also lose the next 15 games or so then that would be super. 

24 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Allen out, Montembeault in. Very rare for St-Louis to pull the goalie.

Especially with Montembeault starting tomorrow.  But Allen clearly didn't have it and it was one of those 'I need to do something' moves.

Pitlick's done for the night.  Next up from Laval is probably Mitchell Stephens, who, if he had done anything in the first half of the season, would have been up a long time ago.  Plus, he's a centre which they could really use.

1 hour ago, Habsfan84 said:

Lafleur with the Rangers scoring on Roy definitely comes to mind.  Its certainly rare though, and Lehks didn't get a standing ovation.  

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Pitlick's done for the night.  Next up from Laval is probably Mitchell Stephens, who, if he had done anything in the first half of the season, would have been up a long time ago.  Plus, he's a centre which they could really use.

What about Lucas Condotta?  I want to see him get a decent shot, because he'd likely be an upgrade over Penzzetta in every way.  

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

What about Lucas Condotta?  I want to see him get a decent shot, because he'd likely be an upgrade over Penzzetta in every way.  

He should be on the short-list as well along with Joel Teasdale.  Stephens has been a lot better the last month or so and between that and the positional need, I think he'd have the edge for now but I wouldn't be upset if Condotta got a look.

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Gurianov might be getting himself a qualifying offer - 3 goals in 5 games 

Edit 8 games 

There is no question he can shoot. The real question is whether he can improve his play without the puck.

17 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

There is no question he can shoot. The real question is whether he can improve his play without the puck.

My feed for this game has jumpy video and the audio is lagging crazy bad so I missed Gurianov's goal.  Did he wire it?

Ya, that's the problem with him.  He's either a 1st or 2nd liner or nothing.  He should be able to make the Habs 2nd line though.  Next year, the Habs would probably be better off trying Jushua Roy on the 3rd line.  

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

My feed for this game has jumpy video and the audio is lagging crazy bad so I missed Gurianov's goal.  Did he wire it?

Ya, that's the problem with him.  He's either a 1st or 2nd liner or nothing.  He should be able to make the Habs 2nd line though.  Next year, the Habs would probably be better off trying Jushua Roy on the 3rd line.  

Will they be able to get him to agree to a one-year deal ... hopefully in 2 years there may not be room for him (as is) in the top 6 (CC - Dach - Slafkovsky - Suzuki - 2023-1st - Farrell/Roy/another-youngster) ... so do you commit to 2 or more years to someone who doesn't currently project to fit?

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Will they be able to get him to agree to a one-year deal ... hopefully in 2 years there may not be room for him (as is) in the top 6 (CC - Dach - Slafkovsky - Suzuki - 2023-1st - Farrell/Roy/another-youngster) ... so do you commit to 2 or more years to someone who doesn't currently project to fit?

Only if St-Louis is confident that he can make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

He is in a similar situation as Pitlick though where he hasn't proved enough to get any sort of high salary or length.  I think he'll become a UFA and if he wants to play NHL he'll have to take whatever he is offered.  Hughes will be quick to give him a 1 yr offer.     

I wouldn't give him beyond 2 years.  As you said, and I hinted at they have other prospects that could be better offensively and they're all definitely better defensively.  

4 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

Lafleur got as big of an ovation - probably more than any hab got the year he was playing for the rangers. But that was Guy Friggin Lafleur. Didn’t see the game, and can’t imagine Lekhs having got that type of ovation.

12 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Pretty sure things are safe with that lead. This is the first game that I can remember where the Habs aren’t competitive at all. 

I hope Pitlick doesn’t have a concussion 🤕 

Supposedly Pitlick is on trip to Pitt. so he is OK, we can assume.

21:40 Kovacevic, he musta liked that amount of action.