Carson Briere

hockeyrealist

Had a moment to read up on this turd while having late lunch, seems like a disgrace of a human being and relative to hockey, wonder if it affects his dad’s long term future as GM?

https://www.tsn.ca/philadelphia-flyers-general-manager-daniel-briere-son-carson-briere-release-statement-on-incident-1.1932033?tsn-amp

This article fails to mention that the kid also was kicked out of an Arizona university for poor behaviour in the past, is not even a productive player based on stats.

What a toilet, how’s does his dad stay on as GM while hockey is trying to clean its image while his son is this?

An article from non hockey source showing example of how the sport is perceived.

https://deadspin.com/mercyhurst-hockey-carson-briere-wheelchair-down-stairs-1850229014

From another article:

Danny Briere, 45, was named the Flyers’ interim general manager Friday, replacing the fired Chuck Fletcher. The players support him as the full-time GM.

Briere and his first wife, Sylvie, had three sons: Caelan, 24, an Alabama graduate; Carson; and Cameron, 21 a Southern Maine student who is the video coach for the Maine Mariners.

He and his second wife, Misha, have a son, Caiden, who turned one today.

“It’ been pretty cool diving back into it,” Briere said the other day about being a father again. He spoke before he knew about Carson’s incident. “It’s been a blessing. I experienced the first ones as a player, coming home completely exhausted, physically. So it’s pretty cool to have another chance and see him grow.

“It’s not that I’m there more often, but when I come home, I probably have a little bit more to give,” he said. “My work (now) is more intense mentally, but physically I feel better than when I played, and I’m not beat up when I get home.”

Link: https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/03/15/philadelphia-flyers-danny-briere-wheelchair-carson-briere-son-of-flyers-interim-whhelchair-mercyhurst/

I don't think it would be fair for the Flyers to hold his son's actions against him, and could possibly leave them open to a wrongful dismissal suit.  The only person who this should reflect badly on professionally is the athletic director at Mercyhurst College, should Briere not be kicked off of the team for his actions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Here's a question would anyone of film this act if his dad wasn't who he is? Would anyone of care if he's dad didn't play in the NHL. The answer is no.   The person that put this on their Twitter did it for likes and view's and that's it.  

It was filmed on a security camera.

As for would people care?  Yes.... damaging someone's wheelchair for no reason shows that you are an asshole, and I care cause we had no idea who the person was and what it's going to take to repair the chair.  Its bullshit to pick on someone with a disability for no reason.    The fact you don't care about this shows that you too might be an asshole.  Do you have no empathy for the person with a disability who was harmed by this.  If there chair is damaged and not working properly, it can effect their whole life and can be expensive to repair. 

Vandalism in general is a crime.  But doing it to someone who is disabled and damaging something that is a key part of their life is bullshit. 

Wow this is getting attention outside of the hockey world!

Lynda Carter • @Real... 2d

Throwing a wheelchair down the stairs is like breaking someone's legs. Shocking and heartless.

• julia @juliazukowski. 4d lusually don't post anything serious on my twitter but something happened Saturday night and just can't stomach the thought of this kid getting away with it. In the video below is a @MercyhurstU student and is currently on the @HurstMensHockey team. Carson Briere.

On 3/17/2023 at 3:26 PM, Commandant said:

It was filmed on a security camera.

As for would people care?  Yes.... damaging someone's wheelchair for no reason shows that you are an asshole, and I care cause we had no idea who the person was and what it's going to take to repair the chair.  Its bullshit to pick on someone with a disability for no reason.    The fact you don't care about this shows that you too might be an asshole.  Do you have no empathy for the person with a disability who was harmed by this.  If there chair is damaged and not working properly, it can effect their whole life and can be expensive to repair. 

Vandalism in general is a crime.  But doing it to someone who is disabled and damaging something that is a key part of their life is bullshit. 

I understand that, what I'm trying to say is the only reason it's making the news is because of who his father is. Otherwise no one would of ever cared about it. It's a Dick move on his part but do you think they would of posted the video on their social media feed if his father wasn't a former NHL star? No they would of not. 

On 3/16/2023 at 2:49 AM, Commandant said:

#### Carson but not his dad's fault. 

He is an adult and needs responsibility for his own actions. 

I tend to agree, but unfortunately things are not always separated as such.

On 3/18/2023 at 6:24 PM, Habsfan89 said:

I understand that, what I'm trying to say is the only reason it's making the news is because of who his father is. Otherwise no one would of ever cared about it. It's a Dick move on his part but do you think they would of posted the video on their social media feed if his father wasn't a former NHL star? No they would of not. 

No, I think we are talking about it is b/c his dad is a hockey name.

but videos like this are regularly in circulation and commented on a plenty.

Social media, Reddit are full of douchebag videos, sub Reddits are named after them, twitter is full of shaming videos.

It is a way to hold people accountable as the only reason Carson Briere apologized was b/c thé vidéo came out.

On 3/16/2023 at 1:23 AM, Sir_Boagalott said:

Well, when I heard about this incident my 1st thought was the Habs dodged a PR bullet by not hiring Briere.  I doubt it will have any impact on his future as a GM.

True, and agreed.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:24 PM, Habsfan89 said:

I see tons of videos on social media of "karens" and other people who are behaving badly and people want to identify them though. And they are really nobodies.

The hockey media wouldnt have picked it up and thats fair, but i think any kid still would have been identified for being an asshole.