GAME# 69 Habs vs Panthers 7PM Thursday March 16th 2023

DON

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Hoping this will be the first in a string of regulation losses.  Need to secure that bottom 5 finish.

We particularly need Florida to finish out of the playoffs, though, to get that second top-15 pick.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah in this case a Habs win might be best overall but the only way the outcome would suck either way would be an overtime game. 

Go Habs Go (been a while since I’ve typed that and meant it)!

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2023/3/16/23641743/canadiens-panthers-game-preview-start-time-tale-of-the-tape-and-how-to-watch-tv-listings

Tale of the Tape

Canadiens Statistics Panthers
27-35-6 Record 33-27-7
43.4% (30th) Scoring-chances-for % 54.9% (3rd)
2.74 (28th) Goals per game 3.39 (9th)
3.62 (27th) Goals against per game 3.36 (23rd)
15.9% (31st) PP% 22.1% (12th)
72.4% (31st) PK% 74.3%
0-2-0 H2H Record 2-0-0

32 minutes ago, DON said:

Not sure goal #6 will count?

I'm curious as to what happened there.  It's not challengeable but it's reviewable so I don't understand why they didn't go upstairs.  That is, unless the war room buzzed down to one of the off-ice officials and said it was checked and the on-ice call was correct.  Based on the TV replay, it sounded like it went first.

Wow! Just got whom from the dentist. Good thing Roy want in net, is about all I can say…

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I feel bad for Allen and Montembault !

I was almost hoping that the Panthers zamboni driver would sub in, but no such luck.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Well, Montembeault's GAA for the game is now below 10 at least.  (Allen's at 16.76.)

Wow, thats crazy.

53 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

What was that call on Suzuki? Was that really a major?

I have absolutely no idea what happened either.  I was watching the Panthers feed and all I saw was Kovicevic shot the puck, and I saw that RHP and another Habs player were in front of him.  The announcers were super slow to realize something was going on.  I knew right away because right after Kovacevic shot he took right off towards the benches.  Their cameras were even slower to figure it out and by the time they showed the bench area the ref was already between Suzuki and the scrum.  I had no idea Suzuki was involved in any of it until the penalty was announced.  None of their replays showed any additional footage.  

9 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I have absolutely no idea what happened either.  I was watching the Panthers feed and all I saw was Kovicevic shot the puck, and I saw that RHP and another Habs player were in front of him.  The announcers were super slow to realize something was going on.  I knew right away because right after Kovacevic shot he took right off towards the benches.  Their cameras were even slower to figure it out and by the time they showed the bench area the ref was already between Suzuki and the scrum.  I had no idea Suzuki was involved in any of it until the penalty was announced.  None of their replays showed any additional footage.  

The TSN footage showed a little scuffle with a half assed crosscheck but it didn’t even look like a penalty let alone a major. It was high but it was ridiculous