GAME#74 Habs vs Sabres 7pm March 27 2023

DON

Dave built himself a 13 year, 445-game NHL/WHA career ... "beating" Ken in that regard ... if not in performance and accomplishments.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I want to lose 8 in a row and I hope nobody gets injured in that time. 

Will agree with you on that. I also want to Lose to the panthers. Try and slide down to 4 if we can. Than hope that the panthers lose the rest of their games.

41 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Will agree with you on that. I also want to Lose to the panthers. Try and slide down to 4 if we can. Than hope that the panthers lose the rest of their games.

I would love to see them slide to 4 but Anaheim is 8 points behind so I think unrealistic with 9 games to go.  Beating Florida would be a killer loss for them.  Would love 2 lottery picks. 

12 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I would love to see them slide to 4 but Anaheim is 8 points behind so I think unrealistic with 9 games to go.  Beating Florida would be a killer loss for them.  Would love 2 lottery picks. 

Yeah, I don't think Montreal has a chance to go any further down.  Anaheim just isn't any good.

The first couple of minutes were good for the Habs but they didn't have it much after that.

14 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Its incredibly unlikely that the Habs will: a) lose all their remaining games; and b) the teams under the Habs will win 4 or 5 of their last 9 games to be able to catch the Habs.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I want to lose 8 in a row and I hope nobody gets injured in that time. 

I certainly don't want to see them lose all of their remaining games.  I view that as wishing to see them be bottom dwellers for years.  I want to see the youngsters do really well in these last games.  That will show us if the rebuild is on track, or better yet fast tracked.  It seems like they are way better than they should be in year 2 of a rebuild.  

I hate wishing for the Habs to lose, but it would be good for them to lose tonight and the Sens win.  i.e. it would totally suck if Buffalo or the Sens get Bedard.  I want both of those teams out of the bottom 11.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... I certainly don't want to see them lose all of their remaining games.  I view that as wishing to see them be bottom dwellers for years ...  I want to see the youngsters do really well in these last games. 

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ... you truly can't be serious that 8 losses would condemn them to years of being one of the worst teams in the league ... and the youngsters can do well while the Habs lose

13 minutes ago, huzer said:

Who would’ve predicted THAT for a shootout lineup? I think Allen may have been the next shooter.

I think St. Louis was trying to lose the shoot out or at least didn't care if we did.

22 minutes ago, Peter Puck said:
35 minutes ago, huzer said:

Who would’ve predicted THAT for a shootout lineup? I think Allen may have been the next shooter.

I think St. Louis was trying to lose the shoot out or at least didn't care if we did.

I was surprised by the shooters too and I wondered if Marty might be trying to lose.  However, if that was the case then he would have went with Drouin, Penzetta and Kovacevic as the 1st 3 shooters.  

11 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

Honestly, I don't think he was trying to lose. He was just having fun with it, didn't care, and letting guys have fun. No pressure, just go out there and do your thing.

• Like 1

I watched from the 3rd on and the win was good to see

I believe that the Habs screeed any chances to finish last months ago and with a few games left they are just “letting the horses run wild”

It was good to see the 4th line do well, but I do not understand why they are overplaying certain players like Matheson. H Eid playing great, but that is not a reason to risk injury 

27 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I watched from the 3rd on and the win was good to see

I believe that the Habs screeed any chances to finish last months ago and with a few games left they are just “letting the horses run wild”

It was good to see the 4th line do well, but I do not understand why they are overplaying certain players like Matheson. H Eid playing great, but that is not a reason to risk injury 

Many of us are pointing out Marty’s overuse of players, especially players that are playing injured. 

It’s downright dumb and clearly a weak spot for St. Louis. 

Why push players in meaningless games?! It’s foolish 

34 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It certainly is odd.  I'm wondering if St. Louis is trying to get a feel of how much is too much.  In other words, if he plays Matheson 25-28 minutes on average over a six-week stretch, what are the ramifications?  How much does his effectiveness dwindle?  Better to find that out now than in more meaningful games.  That's a guess on what they might be trying to learn.  

• Like 1