GAME#75 Habs vs Flyers 7PM Tuesday March 28 2023

DON

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Don, your winning streak comes to an end tonight - hopefully 🤔

So it's DON'S fault if they fall out of 5th ... 😉

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

So it's DON'S fault if they fall out of 5th ... 😉

Hey, maybe pick #8 will turn out better than 5th one will? Draft is such a crap shoot.

Sam Reinhart at 2 and Draisaitl at 3

Laine at 2 vs Tkachuk at 6 

Drouin at 3 vs Horvat at 9

etc etc so all hope wont be lost if Habs rip it up in April and rise a bit in the standings.

45 minutes ago, Neech said:

Looks like Farrell will make his debut tonight! Hope he gets some powerplay time.

what is the over/under of TOI for Farrell? 16?

2 hours ago, DON said:

Hey, maybe pick #8 will turn out better than 5th one will? Draft is such a crap shoot.

ALWAYS possible ... even possible a team can get the player they would have taken with an earlier pick ... BUT it is simply a matter of having the best chance to draft the best player possible ... without having to count on teams to pass on the player you want or getting "lucky" (i.e., the player the Habs draft ends up being better than the players even the Habs had ranked ahead of him).

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

ALWAYS possible ... even possible a team can get the player they would have taken with an earlier pick ... BUT it is simply a matter of having the best chance to draft the best player possible ... without having to count on teams to pass on the player you want or getting "lucky" (i.e., the player the Habs draft ends up being better than the players even the Habs had ranked ahead of him).

Let’s also hope that with the new Mgmt team we wont be the team that has the higher pick, but takes a KK, over Hughes or Tkachuk.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Agree 100%, a higher pick just gives you better odds of picking a very good player, it doesn't guarantee anything as we have seen many times. 

9 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

8618D6B8-3CCA-44A2-8AA5-8E1A97712877.jpeg

I had an extreme dislike for Tiger Williams ... so can't say I am impressed with the celebration ... the goal was GREAT, but ........

Caught a couple glimpses of Farrell out there, too bad the lineup is so depleted that there aren't many good offensive forwards to play him with. I wonder if he'll get a shift or two with Suzuki before the game is done.

I'm really liking how fast the Habs are and their work ethic when in the O zone without the puck.  So far in this game there have been numerous times where they have out hustled the Flyers and gained possession of the puck.  They have managed to do that in quite a few games this year.  That is a very positive sign.  

Primeau hasn't been tested much so far, but his body language looks a lot better than last year.

RHP was the 5th Habs rookie to score a hattrick in 1 period and the 1st since Dick Gamble in 1952.  

I hope RHP is ok, that shot he blocked was clearly painful.  He's lucky he didn't get hit another shot during that sequence.

Did Primeau's knee just get tweaked when the Flyer fell on his leg?  He was able to retrieve his stick from behind the net so hopefully he's alright.