Game #76 Habs vs Panthers 7pm

Neech

We just want this one settled in regulation. Panthers coming off a big win in Toronto after daddy Tkachuk called the team soft. Sean Farrell gets another chance, this time with at least a practice with the team under his belt. St-Louis had some nice things to say about him, but you figure he has a soft spot for his smurfs. Puck drop at 7.

Yes, NO overtime. Not sure who I want to win but I think killing Florida's hopes for a playoff spot wins out here.  I don't think the Habs are going to move much in the standings, can't drop lower than 5th, maybe catch Arizona who has an easier schedule. Anyway the Habs have been dreadful against Florida every game this year for whatever reason, any reason to think that will change tonight? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Florida wins and they are back in wildcard so…we gotta win tonight. 

No thank you ... a win drops Habs from 5th to 6th worst (in points and winning%) and within 3 points of passing Philadelphia to 7th. 

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

No thank you ... a win drops Habs from 5th to 6th worst (in points and winning%) and within 3 points of passing Philadelphia to 7th. 

I will disagree with you on that one, Philly is 4 points up with 2 games in hand, Arizona has home games left against Anaheim, San Jose and Vancouver. I think we can afford 1 more Hab win as they have a way tougher schedule than Arizona or Philly. 

If Florida misses the playoffs and wins the lottery that pick could move up to 4 or 5.  If they make the playoffs and win a couple rounds then that pick would be 29-32.  I am hoping for a Habs win. Having said that I know whatever I hope for has zero effect on the outcome.  I expect Florida to win easily.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I will disagree with you on that one, Philly is 4 points up with 2 games in hand, Arizona has home games left against Anaheim, San Jose and Vancouver. I think we can afford 1 more Hab win as they have a way tougher schedule than Arizona or Philly. 

If Florida misses the playoffs and wins the lottery that pick could move up to 4 or 5.  If they make the playoffs and win a couple rounds then that pick would be 29-32.  I am hoping for a Habs win. Having said that I know whatever I hope for has zero effect on the outcome.  I expect Florida to win easily.  

I understand your point ... I expect you understand my perspective as well ... I just don't want to risk "affording" a win and have confidence that last nights' dead cat bounce from Tkachuk's dad calling the team soft will not endure ... agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

23 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I understand your point ... I expect you understand my perspective as well ... I just don't want to risk "affording" a win and have confidence that last nights' dead cat bounce from Tkachuk's dad calling the team soft will not endure ... agree to disagree.

At the end of the day the Habs pick is most important so I can’t argue against. 

The Florida pick falling from 14 to 28 would be awful though. 

Tough Call 

Its super hard to say what to want for this game.   I want to see the Habs finish at 5th and for Flor to drop in the standing to 11th - which is looking less and less likely.  The Habs need to be careful to not rise in the standings but part of me wants to see the Habs win tonight and redeem themselves for that 9-5 loss.    Ultimately, the worst case scenario would be Flor making the playoffs.  It would be awesome if Flor pick helps the Habs get Bedard, but like @Prime Minister Koivu said it would suck if they make the playoffs and go deep.  Therefore, I'm thinking its best if the Habs win tonight.   

28 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

...  Ultimately, the worst case scenario would be Flor making the playoffs.

TONIGHT, the worst case scenario IMO is overtime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I understand your perspective.  If we agreed on everything then these boards would be awfully boring. 

It's our chance to cheer for a Habs win without second thoughts concerning the tank. On the other hand, the Panthers have absolutely dominated us this year. I don't have high expectations, just want a lot of goals.

59 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Farrell getting decent line mates tonight let’s see how he does 

Second line is interesting, too. Drouin is a playmaker and both Gurianov and Ylonen can finish. Not so sure about the defensive aspects though!

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Can’t see the Habs coming back. 

kind of a sloppy boring grind. Is it May yet?

Yeah, this has been a bit of a snoozer thus far.

4 minutes ago, Neech said:

I'm watching on RDS and they have a puck tracker onscreen like I'm a darn football brain yankee? What is this?

ESPN is trying a few different things and it seems like some of the Canadian networks are experimenting with the technology as well.