Game 78. - Detroit at Montreal - 7 p.m. EST. - Tuesday April 4

GHT120

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Need a Detroit win as Arizona seems to have gone in the tank. 

I think we need to lose all of our remaining games in regulation....looking ahead at Arizona's schedule, they're unlikely to win more than one game from now until the end (the Anaheim game)...and even that game could easily be a loss.  The boys need to commit to the tank...maybe the goaltenders let a few past them on purpose...whatever.  Screw integrity...finishing bottom 5 needs to be the one and only goal at this point.

Players won't tank. 

Their stats (and film) is part of their next contract negotiations or arbitration hearings.  It's not going to happen. 

And then you have guys like Farrell, Ylonen, Barron, Primeau, who want to make the NHL next season out of training camp, 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Players won't tank. 

Their stats (and film) is part of their next contract negotiations or arbitration hearings.  It's not going to happen. 

And then you have guys like Farrell, Ylonen, Barron, Primeau, who want to make the NHL next season out of training camp, 

Yes, I expect a big effort from the Habs tonight especially after that horrible Carolina game. I just hope they come up a little short like a 6-4 loss. Need a big effort from Buffalo tonight although Thompson is hurt so not too optimistic there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Need a Detroit win as Arizona seems to have gone in the tank. 

I'm impressed with Arizona's push these last couple of months (aside from the last couple of weeks where they remembered they aren't any good).  That's a lousy roster but they've caught a few teams off guard, that's for sure.  Not unlike Montreal when they're on their game.

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Our roster is looking pretty lousy itself!

it should have been this lousy since the trade deadline... just saying :ph34r:

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Arizona got rid of their NHL-level goaltending at the deadline, that's one big difference.

Vejmelka and Ingram have been there the entire season.  They were speculated to be moving Vejmelka but it never materialized.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Vejmelka and Ingram have been there the entire season.  They were speculated to be moving Vejmelka but it never materialized.

My bad, got confused between our bottom-feeder competitors! 😢

Well, they had a lot more shots than the last 2 games but over all it was a bad game. 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Woeful defence tonight, the Habs are letting Detroit skate right into the slot. 

They're generally fairly decent around the slot in front of their Goal, but you're totally right they were bad doing that tonight. 

For the 2nd game in a row the Habs player of the game was the Post.  Hopefully, we'll get to see more of it.  

Are we seeing that last couple games of Gurianov with the Habs? I would expect so, but at least didnt cost anything to see what he had.

Drouin & Wideman also...we can hope.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Are we seeing that last couple games of Gurianov with the Habs? I would expect so, but at least didnt cost anything to see what he had.

I was intrigued by Gurianov’s shot at first but I no longer want him back. 

Let him walk

29 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I was intrigued by Gurianov’s shot at first but I no longer want him back. 

Let him walk

Unless they can sign him to a reasonable 1-yr deal, rather than qualifying him.

35 minutes ago, DON said:

Wideman is signed for next season, so unless he is traded he is attending TC ... then it is either 7D, Laval or someone claims him on waivers on his way to Laval.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Unless they can sign him to a reasonable 1-yr deal, rather than qualifying him.

I thought so too at first and the guy has skill but he is easily checked and doesn’t read the play well. He’s one dimensional but unlike guys like Hoffman, he can’t find that open ice like goal scorers do. 

Let RHP have his spot next season 

1 hour ago, DON said:

I think they'll take a run at Gurianov on a cheap one-year deal.  But he is who he is, a player with some raw skills but an inability to harness them night-to-night.

Drouin, probably the end of him mutually.

Wideman has one more year left and they like him in that reserve role as a veteran that seems to be good in the room and won't squawk about playing time (since he's just happy to be in the league).

• Like 2