Claude Julien Fired! Gainey To Take Over.

Hab4life

Nolan is a dumb overrated a-hole. I wouldn't even want him as our ECHL affiliate. I dont understand why people bring his name up after its been proved countless times that the guy's Jack-Adams was a total fluke curtesy of Dominik Hasek.

Find other names, puh-leeeeze.

Ummm... he never coached again in the NHL after his year in Buffalo so how was it proven? If you check, he has had success at every other level. What are you talking about?

Oh, but i am all for Gainey/ Carbo finishing this year with Guy taking over, but I am 5 days no smokes and feel like stirring up the bowl.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... Gainey named Theo, Souray, and Markov as being players who have to play better.

He did say Markov has played well, but can be better. (My French isnt great, so I might be a bit off on that.)

we'll probably hear stories about how some players set julien up for being fired. as in all other similar situations, i hope it's not true - that would be small of those hypothetical players to do so.

Gainey naming names: Theodore, Souray, Markov. Says they need to give more and play at their best.

Asked about how he'll do that Julien couldn't: change the ambiance around the team, the focus and the preparation for guys to be at their maximum.

BG said he would play Theodore tonight instead of Huet.

Edited by KoZed

Interesting... Gainey named Theo, Souray, and Markov as being players who have to play better.

He did say Markov has played well, but can be better. (My French isnt great, so I might be a bit off on that.)

you are quite correct in your understanding - your french may not be great but it's quite sufficient. :)

In describing "associate coach"...

Gainey basically said that He, Carbo, and Jarvis will act as 3 Head Coaches... splitting different tasks. Very interesting.

The Habs better get their butts in shape... hahaha... they're in for it now.

No More Coasting.

Gainey naming names: Theodore, Souray, Markov. Says they need to give more and play at their best.

Asked about how he'll do that Julien couldn't: change the ambiance around the team, the focus and the preparation for guys to be at their maximum.

BG said he would play Theodore tonight instead of Huet.

it would seem like he's saying to théodore 'it's time to put out and i'm right here in your face at all times for the rest of the year'.

likely the same is the case for the other two mentioned but also for everyone else.

Ummm... he never coached again in the NHL after his year in Buffalo so how was it proven? If you check, he has had success at every other level. What are you talking about?

After his Adams, Nolan got canned. The next season Buffalo got even better with Ruff behind the bench by reaching the Stanley Cup finals. It was all thanks to Hasek anyway.

That was almost 10 years ago. What kind of success did Nolan get since then? That's right: nothing outstanding. Outside of that, Nolan can't stay out of controversy and he was stupid enough to try some low cheap-shot behind-the-back tactics that got him blacklisted of the NHL for 9 years. People thought Therrien lacked class, well Nolan's even worse.

Beside, why do people recall Nolan but nobody recalls Bill Barber or Bob Francis? Both got won the Adams too and aren't in the NHL anymore.

robinson as asst coach for the d is a very good idea. that way he wont have all the pressure on himself. He is a good coach but takes everything too much to heart. Some nights I think he would like to put the skates on himself and show them how it is done.

yesh yeah And then hit St Catherine and the strip clubs Just like old times!

No really you can say its sort of Nipotism.. but no one can argue they're of the top quality pros you could put behind any bench... I hope Saint Rocket keeps doing his stuff

gainey said he's still not excluding the possibility of getting someone else through a trade but that his primary direction will be to continue to develop the prospects that they've drafted in the last few years.

In describing "associate coach"...

Gainey basically said that He, Carbo, and Jarvis will act as 3 Head Coaches... splitting different tasks. Very interesting.

The Habs better get their butts in shape... hahaha... they're in for it now.

No More Coasting.

I'm wondering how they'll split the job. I'm thinking Carbo will be more of the "brains" behind the team's on-ice strategies and tactics, while Gainey will take care of the attitude/off-ice stuff and Jarvis spend more time on the technicals.

Just a guess.

I'm wondering how they'll split the job. I'm thinking Carbo will be more of the "brains" behind the team's on-ice strategies and tactics, while Gainey will take care of the attitude/off-ice stuff and Jarvis spend more time on the technicals.

Just a guess.

and a very reasonable guess it is too.

Carbo has already signed a contract as head coach. (We knew he'd take over next season... but just good to see that it's in writing.)

Gainey as coach surely means he wants to evaluate the players and keep them in check. Heh. :D

BG knows how to bring respect back to a team... I doubt there are many people who are against this move.

gainey signed these guys and now he will be waiting for them on the bench. He does not strike me as a guy who is afraid to let you when you are f***up

theo had better wake up now or he will be gone

He's starting Theo tonight for a reason. And I agree with the move. Huet is good, but we all know that Theodore has to get it into gear and carry this club to the playoffs and beyond, and the best way to do that is to show some confidence in his abilities.

gainey signed these guys and now he will be waiting for them on the bench. He does not strike me as a guy who is afraid to let you when you are f***up

theo had better wake up now or he will be gone

Theo and a few others, 20 odd by my count.

I'm excited to see Ribs get torn a new one, when gets to the bench after one of his long and lazy shifts....BObs gonna chew him up and spit him out

i don't see gainey chewing anybody out on the bench. he's not a knee-jerk kind of person - he's a very deliberate thinker. i see him quietly 'reminding' the player of his responsibilities and letting him know that, if necessary, there will be a private 'get-together' after the game.