Claude Julien Fired! Gainey To Take Over.

Hab4life

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The players may not have respected CJ, but they have no choice now...Bob and Guy were great leaders as players and i think we'll see it as coaches as well

Anyone has the total Stanley Cup count of Gainey+Carbo+Jarvis? I think its 13 as players, but as staff it could be 16 or something. Its tough for a player to tell 16 Stanley Cups they're wrong.

gainey wants to put access on team speed - that's great news!

I'mgetting more and more excited about this. You know with Carbo-Gainey-Jarvis that the Habs will rarely get caught with their pants down and that all the experience behind the bench and understanding of the game (3 Selke winners, who else has that?), the Habs will grow an edge over time as the 3 Musketeers pass down their knowledge of all the little details and old secrets of the Habs tradition.

Can't wait for tonight's game.

I'mgetting more and more excited about this. You know with Carbo-Gainey-Jarvis that the Habs will rarely get caught with their pants down and that all the experience behind the bench and understanding of the game (3 Selke winners, who else has that?), the Habs will grow an edge over time as the 3 Musketeers pass down their knowledge of all the little details and old secrets of the Habs tradition.

Can't wait for tonight's game.

Exactly my feelings. It's a deadly combo. And REALLY Can't wait for tonights game.

I think Demers is bringing up a good point: what did Koivu do to help things out when the Habs was slumping? He's the captain, there's responsabilities with that.

A captain has the job to keep his teammates in line with the team's program. The captain has disciplining to do as well, not just the coaching staff. Leading by "example" is a rather passive type of leadership, a bare minimum. I think some of the attitude problems in the locker-room got to grew out of control because the first line of authority (Koivu) failed.

The Three Stooges make their first brilliant decision.....they put RED LIGHT Theodore in the nets tonite. I hope the red lights burn their sorry asses!

I take it you dont agree with the changes, but give the "Three Stooges" a chance to show what they can do before ripping on them.

And wishing for the Habs to lose? Aren't fans supposed to wish their team the best everytime, no matter what?

The Three Stooges make their first brilliant decision.....they put RED LIGHT Theodore in the nets tonite. I hope the red lights burn their sorry asses!

Where did you guys learn this ....let me search the web... BUT SOURCES PEOPLE!!!

Kozed I would agree Koivu in previous years seemed to step up but he has not played very well at all since returning from injury. I am sure that Gainey may have daily meetings with Koivu to help him with his vocal leadership. As for his on ice game Koivu needs to do that himself.

As for Gainey for the rest of the year with Carbo to follow, I am happy Gainey will emphasize youth and speed and Montreal will start to score with more regularity.

although I was all in favour of huet playing tonight, this actually makes sense.

"Hey theo, I'm the new big boss... here's your chance to introduce yourself to me. Screw up and I'll remember everything that came before."

interesting comment - out of character with everything that's happened so far and, to be realistic, without real understanding of the people involved.

gainey, carbonneau and jarvis are all highly experienced and knowledgeable in the game. they are also all highly respected members of the nhl hockey community, especialy gainey & carbonneau.

as to the decision to play théodore tonight, it's not a bad one. it puts théodore back in the saddle and tells him 'DO IT!'. i don't know if théodore is up to it but he's put into a situation where he can't hide or make excuses.

yet, as you hinted, 'habber', they've made big decisions and have put their asses in the place for a lot of kicks. the rds tv announcers agree with you. these are big moves which puts them in in the spotlight with all it's glories and potential gore too.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I'm not too sure about this decision. When there is a time when rumors are swirling around it tends to eat away at the player's performance. There have been many rumours, and Theo even acknowledged them so there is no way in hell he didn't know about it.

Please stay strong Jose!

I detect a leaf fan in our midst!!

Sorry Habber but 38 years is a long time.

or...

Sorry Claude, try NYI, now please sit down

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

We need to hire Knuckles as another assistant behind the bench and reunite one of the best defensive trios in the game ever: Gainey - Carbo - Nilan. Pull in Robinson to hip check everyone into line, and it's all good, baby, it's all good.

We need to hire Knuckles as another assistant behind the bench and reunite one of the best defensive trios in the game ever: Gainey - Carbo - Nilan. Pull in Robinson to hip check everyone into line, and it's all good, baby, it's all good.

Any limit to the number of assistants associates on a team? What about a team Shrink do we have any yet? Professional teams nowadays have an army of staffs and coaches I think Hockey should be among those that need the most Lets see and hope for the best

as a mud-stirrer, i hope that this won't be a bit of the same 'old gang' thing that took place back in mario tremblay's day. :unsure:

The big difference is that this time SC, the people in question are qualified, experienced, prepared, etcetera...everything that tweedle-dum and tweedle-dumber were not

My first reaction to this news is not a positive one. Coaching is a full time job, who is the General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens. Bob, I presume must do both jobs. I don't like the impression this leaves me with, and that is a decision that has been rushed. (Panic) If we look at the three coaches we now have and we examine their playing style we could assume that Montreal won't be playing firebrand hockey any time soon. About the only things coaches teach these last decades is how to defend. Creativity and attacking hockey is up to the talented players one has. This means boring hockey is in store for us and I think we are going backwards to a style of hockey that we don't want anymore. I started watching the Canadiens in the early 60's, the flying frenchmen and I find the defensive hockey we have been encumbered with the last few decades less than interesting. Frankly I'd rather lose a game of flying attacking hockey than grind out a 2-1 win. Julien did not deliver the merchandise, I have never seen so many bench minors for a Montreal team, he didn't use the speed and youth that was given to him and it seems he has not been able to motivate the players. In addition Theodore did not deserve to play this evening and it is disappointing for Huet who played stongly in Colorado.

I can't wait til the game i want to see how it goes, and someone said that koivu failed to help the team as capitain. I do and do not agree sometimes he has done a lot and also, he hasnt done anything but not much you can expect if your team is in the shadows and so much pressure is on you.

i wouldnt be too surprised if Gainey will end up being the head coach in name only. Probably once Carbo gets settled in he will be the real coach, but Gainey will take the heat considering the situation Carbo is walking in to.