Who Will Respond To Changes?

hankhab

The big question for the Habs now is, who will respond to the coaching changes positivly? In his interview, Koivu seemed pleased about the changes, implying that its the coaches job to motivate the guys, and when thats not working, he has to go. Also, Koivu was chatting with Carbo during the game, and when given direction on the forcheck, replyed..someone better tell that to Ribs...I think Ribero got away with too much crap with Julien, and I think Koivu, in particular, is pleased that thats is over with. Back when Ribs blamed his lack of production on Ryder, he should have been reprimanded, for example, and we know he has clashed with Koivu in the past. So now, hopefully, its put up or shut up time for Ribs. Markov looked great last night, more like he did earlier on in the season, and I think he'll boost his play with Julien out. Putting Theo in the game shows me that Gainey wants him to play his way back to form (although I can't blame Julien for sitting him out after the last 2 stinkers he played in). Higgens, who plays a 2 way game in the mold of Gainey and Carbo, will flourish under the new coaches. Lets see what the next few weeks bring, as the Habs have one tough road trip ahead.

Higgins just because he's a two-way player? Does the same work for Bulis, Sundstrom and Bonk?

The motivated, hard-workers will respond to the changes. The fearful (of being trading) will respond. The heartless losers won't respond. Hopefully we have a limited number of players in Group C.

Yeah, Bonk played well last night, the jury is still out on him..and I think Bulis has allready played as well as we can expect. But I think Higgens could be a very special player, thats why I singled him out, Bulis.

bonk.jpg

I agree with the choice of Matt Higgins, but personally hope and think Radek Bonk will flourish the most under BG! I think BG will truly give him the chance to do well unlike the way Julien handled him. It was evident last might with his line mates of Bulis and Zeds. I'm sure BG would like to make the Garon deal look better for the critics and lets face it we need his size in a more prominent role.

Edited by Habs Waterboy

The jury doesn't seem to be out on Bonk with this new coaching staff. I wasn't able to follow the game that closely last night but Bonk seemed to get good ice time and PP time. Did Bulis, Ribiero and Bonk get all of the 2nd line PP time??

I was happy to see Ferland and Murray get some ice time, they made San Jose keep their heads up when they were on the ice. We going to need this against Calgary and Vancouver, two teams that like to paste your face against the glass.

Streit also did not panic with the puck in his own zone, he made some nice plays that helped Mtl organize themselves on breakouts. I don't think Theo was severely tested last night and that is a credit to Mtl's defensive coverage.

I think all the players will respond to the changes in the short term. Habs will play great and win for a little while. As players get comfortable with Bob the slackers will start slowing down again.

This time will be different though. The slackers start to be lazy, BG will get rid of them.

Is it just me or did anyone else hear : Riv's as in Rivet a d-man, who also needed to be a part of the discussion on the play they were talking about. Koivu said "You'd better tell Riv's so he know's not to keep chipping it out..." or something to that effect. It was a breakout talk wasn't it?

Do you honestly think our Captain would say something specific about Ribs on this first night with Carbo and Bob behind the bench and knowing he was mic'd on RDS???Personally I think Saku is a better Captain than that and just smarter than that generally.

Now don't get me wrong, I do think Ribeiro needs to put up (as in effort and results) or get lost but I think there are/were more coasters than just him. Maybe they'll remain at this heightened sense of urgency a while longer than most people think.

It won't take long for Gainey and Carbo to figure out who's not working hard and who's not proud to wear the greatest NHL jersey ever and bring back it's well deserved glory.

I can't stand earing anymore that TO is the hockey center of the universe and that there Canada's team and blablabla...just a bunch of crap!!!!

The Habs should be seen the same way in hockey as the Yankees for baseball, but some how we lost that image in the 90's with all our bad moves...especially the Tremblay-Houle era!!!

Is it just me or did anyone else hear : Riv's as in Rivet a d-man, who also needed to be a part of the discussion on the play they were talking about. Koivu said "You'd better tell Riv's so he know's not to keep chipping it out..." or something to that effect. It was a breakout talk wasn't it?

Do you honestly think our Captain would say something specific about Ribs on this first night with Carbo and Bob behind the bench and knowing he was mic'd on RDS???Personally I think Saku is a better Captain than that and just smarter than that generally.

Now don't get me wrong, I do think Ribeiro needs to put up (as in effort and results) or get lost but I think there are/were more coasters than just him. Maybe they'll remain at this heightened sense of urgency a while longer than most people think.

i saw/heard that too but i think he did say "Ribs" that was my impression at the time, he said "Tell that to Ribs" and then he proceeded to look around and say "Where is he". A while after that they showed them sitting beside each other on the bench and both looked sort of uncomfortable.

i think that koivu hates him and probably rightly so but i think that there is a really fundamental personality clash there that could never be bridged

i saw/heard that too but i think he did say "Ribs" that was my impression at the time, he said "Tell that to Ribs" and then he proceeded to look around and say "Where is he". A while after that they showed them sitting beside each other on the bench and both looked sort of uncomfortable.

i think that koivu hates him and probably rightly so but i think that there is a really fundamental personality clash there that could never be bridged

I'm pretty sure they were talking about Ribs, b/c they were discussing forechecking and the manner in which San Jose was running their breakout. However, I didn't think they looked uncomfortable sitting beside each other, actually i got the exact opposite feeling, that they finally realized that it's about winning and losing and not a personal relationship....But Maybe i was just being optimisitic, Me and my rose coloured glasses.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about Ribs, b/c they were discussing forechecking and the manner in which San Jose was running their breakout. However, I didn't think they looked uncomfortable sitting beside each other, actually i got the exact opposite feeling, that they finally realized that it's about winning and losing and not a personal relationship....But Maybe i was just being optimisitic, Me and my rose coloured glasses.

that is a pretty rosy assessment....it would be nice if it was true, but i think that going forward either ribs or koivu must leave the team and i dont think its gonna be koivu.....the other thing is that ribs is a floater and thats not the type of player that earns respect from gainey and carbs or koivu.

that is a pretty rosy assessment....it would be nice if it was true, but i think that going forward either ribs or koivu must leave the team and i dont think its gonna be koivu.....the other thing is that ribs is a floater and thats not the type of player that earns respect from gainey and carbs or koivu.

We can definitely agree that Ribs is a floater and needs to go. There is no way he will last on this team. Even after the change, the rumours of him going to chicago or Washinton are still appearing all over.

It's just a matter of time.

Sorry, but I feel it is my duty to inform all of you that Toronto isn't "Canada's team". That would be "Team Canada".

However, they are Canada's team in a way. That is, "Canada's Centennial Team".

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

We can definitely agree that Ribs is a floater and needs to go. There is no way he will last on this team. Even after the change, the rumours of him going to chicago or Washinton are still appearing all over.

It's just a matter of time.

Did anyone see his post game interview .... Saying that he's intelligent enough to know what to do and that he's only 25 he's got alot to learn!!! that we should be patient!!! GET OUT OF HERE What an attitude!!!

Accept that your sucking!!!

Gainey please get him out of here!!!

Edited by CoRvInA

They ALL better, or they'll be gone, or in Hamilton!

amen, kenadian, amen... in hamilton or some other place.

I'd expect the following guys to improve:

Foremost: Theodore.

Koivu, Bonk, Souray on a lesser extent.

Plekanec, Komisarek and Higgins can learn lots from the associates. If they pay attention and work hard. And I hope that they all do.

I don't know how well Streit will do. They'll be expecting more solid defensive work. Likewise for oneway "wonders" (if you can call it that) such as Ribiero.

Edited by smon

I'd expect the following guys to improve:

Foremost: Theodore.

Koivu, Bonk, Souray on a lesser extent.

Plekanec, Komisarek and Higgins can learn lots from the associates. If they pay attention and work hard. And I hope that they all do.

I don't know how well Streit will do. They'll be expecting more solid defensive work. Likewise for oneway "wonders" (if you can call it that) such as Ribiero.

and the other one way wonder sundstrom (one way defensively)

I sure hope Theo improves, Gainey showed him a huge cote of confidence and the fact that he has not been traded shows what all Habs fans were well aware of verom day one he is Patient.

Streit will play better now as well he now has NHL experience. And although he does not have much of it he has some more than he did in October. So he is more confident and is probably well aware that this is his second chance to flourish offensively.

As for the rest of the team they had a great game last night.

The Stars will be yet another tough test but I am certain that Bob and Guy would love to beat their ex-team everyone always does.

To comment on Streit, is anyone still missing Hainsey??? :D:D

Streit played a good game against the Sharks. A solid type of game that I never came close to see from Hainsey. Streit might be older then Hainsey and has less of an upside, but I think he will give us more then Hainsey would have ever been able to give us.

Same for Murray vs. Hossa. Looks like BG made the right call on these 2 heartless waste of a draft pick.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this, but how can a team draft guys who are heartless, bigheaded and don't give their best on a consistent basis. Don't they meet with these guys and check their backgrounds before making them 1st round selections. I just don't understand how we could have been so way off in our draft picks for the past 15 years??? If only 2 or 3 of these picks would have become a good player, we wouldn't be in this position.

To comment on Streit, is anyone still missing Hainsey??? :D:D

Streit played a good game against the Sharks. A solid type of game that I never came close to see from Hainsey. Streit might be older then Hainsey and has less of an upside, but I think he will give us more then Hainsey would have ever been able to give us.

Same for Murray vs. Hossa. Looks like BG made the right call on these 2 heartless waste of a draft pick.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this, but how can a team draft guys who are heartless, bigheaded and don't give their best on a consistent basis. Don't they meet with these guys and check their backgrounds before making them 1st round selections. I just don't understand how we could have been so way off in our draft picks for the past 15 years??? If only 2 or 3 of these picks would have become a good player, we wouldn't be in this position.

Dont know Komi but what I can say ....The same reason I stated on other posts ...which btw makes the Task of bringing in a Psychoanalyst team into the staff even more important... to address pending issues in the dressing room but for Scouting purposes YEs one to see through the clues that might suggest a Short fuse.. Chronic depression etc... Other sports have them mandatory in their teams ( European Soccer for example )