24 - Day 5

Fanpuck33

Any other 24 fans here?

Holy crap! I can't believe they killed off Palmer, he was such a good character. A Democrat that I'd have voted for! And then minutes later Michelle gets killed, good God! Talk about axing two main characters in 15 minutes.

I guess the rumors about Lynne Kresge returning were false. I'd have liked for her to wake up from her coma and give Mike Novik what's coming to him. She was a loose end that never even got mentioned in later episodes, I thought they were finally rectifying it. Lesson: Do not trust IMBD.

And to already show who the mole is, geez. Surely there will be another one in CTU, perhaps the guy Chloe was sleeping with? No, that's way too obvious. This is one show that always keeps me guessing.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other 24 fans here?

Holy crap! I can't believe they killed off Palmer, he was such a good character. A Democrat that I'd have voted for! And then minutes later Michelle gets killed, good God! Talk about axing two main characters in 15 minutes.

I guess the rumors about Lynne Kresge returning were false. I'd have liked for her to wake up from her coma and give Mike Novik what's coming to him. She was a loose end that never even got mentioned in later episodes, I thought they were finally rectifying it. Lesson: Do not trust IMBD.

And to already show who the mole is, geez. Surely there will be another one in CTU, perhaps the guy Chloe was sleeping with? No, that's way too obvious. This is one show that always keeps me guessing.

24 is awesome.

It sucks that they killed off 2 great characters in Palmer and Michelle... That caught alot of people off guard, though alot of people already knew it was going to happen (from spoilers). Its also a shame that Tony is in critical condition in the hospital, I would of liked to see Tony/Jack team up for some ass-kicking action, looks like we're going to get Jack and Curtis instead, which is alright I guess.

So how long till the teenager (derick?) gets killed? He should of kept his dumb ass out of Jack's bussiness.

I just got finished watching it :D

Yeah, Palmer dieing about 5 minutes in really put me off. Then they had to go and kill Michelle too. I really hope Tony pulls through because he's one of my favourite characters.

And I've noticed they're keeping up with the president's crazy wife theme as well. And President Logan is STILL an idiot. He wants his summit to go one but he won't tell the Russian president about his doom. You can't have a summit without the president, dumbass. I don't think I'll ever like Logan now when you combine last season with this season. He's so incompetent.

And every 24 fan, mark February 6th on your calendar.

:D:D:D

I missed most of the past 2 seasons, but I'm going to try and get into this one. I watched it last night, and well, it really does hook you fast.

I too was surprised to see Palmer get the axe so quickly.

I think the teenager will actually make it out of this one and end up helping Jack a ton... ;).

As for Feb 6th... hahaha!

The show plays again tonight right?

And every 24 fan, mark February 6th on your calendar.

:D:D:D

Until I see that character back with my own eyes, I won't believe it. They also said that Michelle Forbes was giong to reprise her role as Lynne Kresge from season 2, but that didn't happen tonight.

I can't wait for tonight. This is the first season I've watched as it happens. I watched seasons 1-3 on DVD, and season 4 during a marathon. The constant week between episodes is gonna suck. Except for tonight of course.

Oh my freakin' God.

That's all I'm posting...sorry to be a douche but can we get spoiler tags if people are going to post about future episodes that haven't been aired?

What? All that was mentioned is that a certain character is reprising a role. That's hardly a spoiler. All you have to do is look at the cast listings of the episodes for that.

Heck, we didn't even mention what character was returning.

I love 24, it's great! I am dissapointed however about Tony Almeida. He has always been my favorite character, and right now it looks like he will have a very small (if any) role in this season. Anyways, hoorah for 24. I am extatic that it is back. Go Jack Bauer Go!!!

(Boooo to President Logan, to the death of David Palmer)

What? All that was mentioned is that a certain character is reprising a role. That's hardly a spoiler. All you have to do is look at the cast listings of the episodes for that.

Heck, we didn't even mention what character was returning.

My bad, I didn't check I thought it was Lynn...and if it is her or not don't tell me :P

My bad, I didn't check I thought it was Lynn...and if it is her or not don't tell me :P

I'll try to reply without spoiling anything. You did read something about Lynn in my post, because her name was once listed on the season opener cast list. Obviously, she wasn't there last night. I won't mention if it is her or another character coming back later this season, though.

Man I freakin' hate Logan. He always says something stupid.

That Lynn guy was a real jackass but good thing he caught on to Jack. When he kept saying he was in flight 2 position or something like that I kept telling myself what that meant.

Man I loved it when the freakin' guy blew up too.

What a great show.

Yeah, I knew that "Flock 2" position meant something. Especially when you hear " I'm a flock 2 postion, I repeat a flock 2 position". If us schmoes at home got it, you'd think Bill would've :P

And I agree Fanpuck, that would've added an element of surprise. Even with the end there with Martha. Keep his face hidden and you'd have message board fodder for weeks to come.

And I know Lynn is supposed to be intimidating but since he's being played by Sean Astin, I can't help but see a harmless little Hobbit. I'd love for Bill to crack a Middle-Earth joke when Lynn is pushing him around but I know it'll never happen. :lol:

This season is shaping up nicely. I don't know why but it sort of has a different feel to it and i like it. I agree with whoever said that Walt should not have been revealed to be a bad guy until the most recent episode. The ending last night was rather predictable.

It kinda sucks that Palmer is dead and now we have that moron Logan in charge though.

Can't wait for next week.

So I had 2 guesses going into this episode and they both make no sense now.

1) I thought someone else in CTU might be in on it. I was thinking Bill or Lynn. But with the capture of Spencer, I'm really doubting this now.

2) I thought Walt might eventually kill Mike. However, now that CTU knows about Walt I don't think this is very likely either.

Really good episode though.

And only 2 more weeks :D Which reminds me, my bad Tony about the spoilers in the other topic. Should've had some kind of warning up.

:lol:

Don't worry about it, anyway my original prediction to a buddy of mine was that she would die so I did expect her to come back at one point.

My question regarding future episodes is what the hell kind of twists we are going to wait and see for. I mean, on any other season, Walt and Mike status wouldn't have been known for another 5-6 episodes to CTU.

I friends told me this show kicks ass so I watched it for the first time last night. Pretty good.

I was surprised when Logan's wife ran away. After he saw the pills lying there, I'd thought he'd find her dead in the shower. I guess now she'll be all crazy without her medication. And what's with Bauer? He got some mole sneaking around his building and he lets him live!? Any real hero would stabbed him in the neck with those scissors that he killed the fake doctor with. :wacko:

Oh - and Cloe O'Brian is annoying. She's a horrible actor and tries way too hard to keep that angry look on her face. It's obviously forced and she's just obnoxious.

I was surprised when Logan's wife ran away. After he saw the pills lying there, I'd thought he'd find her dead in the shower. I guess now she'll be all crazy without her medication. And what's with Bauer? He got some mole sneaking around his building and he lets him live!? Any real hero would stabbed him in the neck with those scissors that he killed the fake doctor with. :wacko:

Oh - and Cloe O'Brian is annoying. She's a horrible actor and tries way too hard to keep that angry look on her face. It's obviously forced and she's just obnoxious.

Jack is too smart to just kill the mole. If he'd have just killed him, they would still have no idea that Walt in working for the bad guys. I expected some torture though, Jack is the shiznit when it comes to getting information out of people.

I knew that Logan's wife wouldn't kill herself, she was too sure that she wasn't crazy. I knew she'd find a way to get to Jack.

As for Chloe, I'm never quite sure what to think of her. I personally think she does a great job of seeming a little bit off. She never seems quite normal, and always keeps me interested. There's just something about her that makes me not hate her, even though I want to.

I can't wait for the big revelations to come. So far, this season has been pretty predictable. You know it won't stay that way for long.

My question regarding future episodes is what the hell kind of twists we are going to wait and see for. I mean, on any other season, Walt and Mike status wouldn't have been known for another 5-6 episodes to CTU.

I didn't get the impression that Mike was in on it. He's made some poor decisions in that past, but he's always come out as a decent guy. Even when Palmer found out he lied to him, he only lost his job, and the real reason was not made public in any way.