Rough And Tumble

HABZRULE

I wonder if BG remembers the days he was playing in Montreal and he was on a line with himself,Carbo and Nilan. Now I wonder if BG remembers his feeling of being "protected" while he was on the ice. My question(or statement) is does anyone else think BG will bring in an enforcer? I know the NHL is different now, but teams still have muscle to put out there if needed whereas we do not. Any feelings?

I wonder if BG remembers the days he was playing in Montreal and he was on a line with himself,Carbo and Nilan. Now I wonder if BG remembers his feeling of being "protected" while he was on the ice. My question(or statement) is does anyone else think BG will bring in an enforcer? I know the NHL is different now, but teams still have muscle to put out there if needed whereas we do not. Any feelings?

I agree........but in the new NHL it will be important to have someone that can play!!!!

If we can find it I'm all for it. It really intensifies the game and seems to bring up the play of the entire team.

I love Garth Murray for that......He may not be Probert but I love the fact he's willing to drop the gloves.....who out there is a chris nilan type.What's Garth's history.....Does he fight often? Maby we already have that player....he just hasn't had the chance to kick someones butt yet.

the thing that stinks is he can't be that talented b/c then you start to cross over into the "we don't want you fighting cause we need you on the ice" bull^$#$

enforcers who can skate are rare nowadays. in almost every team, the tough guy play got his ice time reduced...it's seems that only toronto(who else) give quality ice time to Domi.

I'M one of the guys wh think aan enforcer would be welcomed..but who ?? please don't tell me Ivanans or vandermeer...they stink...

we're at least 2-3 years away from seeing bonneau...if he does make It.

for now, I think guys like rivet, souray, bouillon and komisarek should share the dirty job

Garth has one fight this year. He fought Jansen of the Devils, and although he lost the fight and I believe he was hurt and had to miss a game he held his own. Donald Basher has adapted to the new style of hockey better than most other fighters, Hitchcock has said repeatedly that he has worked on his staking very hard and although 8mins a game is not huge ice it is pretty good considering the Flyers team.

I would just like to highlight that I doubt that Bob needed Nilan or anybody to feel safe on the ice. He was able to take care of him self very well and was probably making others safe instead of him being felt safe. I wouldn't want to be in his face when he's pissed off....he already looks mean when he has a stright face...imagine when he's pissed....

Why now? Gainey has been GM all along including through the lockout and offseason. Had he wanted a better enforcer than Ivanans he would have gotten one.

I think if we have a couple more gritty guys like Murray & Ferland who are not enforcers per se but can drop the gloves now and then, we wont need an enforcer.

Beside, you basically dont use enforcers in the playoffs, so if you have one during the season, you have to change your lineup during the playoffs. Not the ideal situation.

I tried posting a picture in this thread using ImageShack, but without success....anybody have any ideas?? (I did click the green tree, and put in the url i was hosting, but it still didn't show)

Edited by SoCalHab

I would just like to highlight that I doubt that Bob needed Nilan or anybody to feel safe on the ice. He was able to take care of him self very well and was probably making others safe instead of him being felt safe. I wouldn't want to be in his face when he's pissed off....he already looks mean when he has a stright face...imagine when he's pissed....

Well put. The idea that Nilan was on a line with Gainey to protect him is laughable. Haha. An enforcer usually protects the offensive star, which Gainey was not. Many forget that Nilan could play the game; a line of Gainey, Carbo, and Nilan would be there to shut down the other team's top line. A pretty awesome shut down line, at that.