I'm famous!

TheAussiePosse

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/askdave.html

I said:

"As everyone knows, Jose Theodore did not have the best season last year. After an appalling start, he crashed and burned, and only seemed to find a resemblance of form when it was too late.

This year, with fantasy hockey looming just around the corner, I find that goalie rankings have Jose Theodore listed at 20. I wouldn’t be so upset if it wasn't for bums like Turek, Nabokov and Joseph listed higher.

Credible sources have said that Jose has been working out extremely hard over the off-season, ignoring his family’s money problems, links with the Hell’s Angels, and trade rumors.

In my opinion, he is mentally tough enough to make a mark next season. What do you think? Can he rebound? Will he rebound? What are the deciding factors? Will Garon take up many games?

Many thanks,

CD in Canberra"

- - - - -

Dave said:

"Well, CD, it’s quite simple… Jose Theodore has no choice but to rebound, to be perfectly blunt. The Canadiens depend on it, as does Jose himself.

He has been preparing, despite the off-season turmoil surrounding his family. He says he has no part in those events and is fully focused on returning to 2001-02 form this year.

Jose’s a very nice and committed young man. He loves the game and I’m sure he realizes how important the upcoming season is for his career. I expect him to regain some form this campaign, however this doesn’t mean Montreal can ride their goalie throughout the season. The Habs have a lot of work ahead of them, and luckily the one spot that does not need too much mending is between the pipes. Along with Theo, Mathieu Garon is a more than capable backup. For now, (until such young guns as Marcel Hossa, Alexander Perezhogin and recently drafted Andrei Kastistsyn hit their potential in habs-land) goaltending is Montreal’s biggest asset.

Theodore, and Garon, will do all they can to help Montreal’s (slim) chances this season, but the play of the supporting cast will determine the numbers. "

- - - - -

It should help with those wondering about habs players performances this year.

It also got me thinking. Maybe we should have a featured fantasy guru on our site. Puck, Sakicq, opinions? I doubt a certain 'OivuNik' would come back, but who else is good at that stuff?