Dope In The Nhl

HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Does Berard have to take anything for his eye?

Even if he does, it surely would not be an anabolic steroid.

Sad news, especially since I liked the guy. I'm quite disappointed by this news. These pro athletes just don't seem to get it. They get so buff that they lose range of motion and flexibility. Back in the old days, you didn't see guys going out with muscle pulls all the time. The old-timers, in all sports, knew that sports are about more than being the strongest.

I don't think we'll see too many more + tests..........His was done a while ago by the IOC.[and the NHL knew of the results!] The NHL has JUST started testing; allowing those who were on something to get it out of their systems BEFORE the NHL starts testing. If the NHL wanted to address this issue, they would start testing during training camps, when players are going through their teams fitness testing. Then test 2-3 more times at random per team.........

Even if he does, it surely would not be an anabolic steroid.

Sad news, especially since I liked the guy. I'm quite disappointed by this news. These pro athletes just don't seem to get it. They get so buff that they lose range of motion and flexibility. Back in the old days, you didn't see guys going out with muscle pulls all the time. The old-timers, in all sports, knew that sports are about more than being the strongest.

That's been said also about soccer. But in the old days they used a lot of stuff (came out later), but the tests just weren't there or not good enough to bust people. I don't believe it that they didn't use in the old days. It's been a fluke to sport for ages!!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

He wont be suspended from NHL play, he is suspended from international play representing USA for 2 years. It wasn't an nhl test which are random. If he is given an nhl test in the future and fails it is considered a 1st offence and he is suspended 20 games. If the league doesn't pull him in for one today then their anti-doping compaign is nothing but a glaze and they are probably " random Testing" people they know will pass to quiet the dope scared US Gov.

That's been said also about soccer. But in the old days they used a lot of stuff (came out later), but the tests just weren't there or not good enough to bust people. I don't believe it that they didn't use in the old days. It's been a fluke to sport for ages!!

Actually, my comment had nothing to do with steroids. Athletes across the board feel the need to be super buff, so they overwork their muscles, making them so tight that they injure more easily than they should. I have no doubt that we'd see fewer injuries if guys simply worked on conditioning, rather than so much heavy lifting. It doesn't matter how much you can squat or bench if you're always hurt.

Actually, my comment had nothing to do with steroids. Athletes across the board feel the need to be super buff, so they overwork their muscles, making them so tight that they injure more easily than they should. I have no doubt that we'd see fewer injuries if guys simply worked on conditioning, rather than so much heavy lifting. It doesn't matter how much you can squat or bench if you're always hurt.

I agree with you on this. Conditioning should be emphazied more than anything.

I would encourage players to work out but it would be more of a muscular endurance purpose rather than being built like a tank to look imposing.

Steroids do more than just make you stronger and bigger they also help you recover from injury. So if anyone is busted don’t be surprised if they are a smaller often injured player

Maybe that is why Palffy retired??? Purely speculation I have nothing to back that up with.

Good point about Palffy, never thought of that. I'm tired of players blaming suppliments. I'm a pharmacist, and although some supplements in the US contain steroids, the fact is that the vast majority of these guys are getting injections, and they know what they are getting. Also, I believe that if the league is responsible for the testing and reporting, they will engage in a major coverup, so I really hope the tests are being conducted by independant labs. Lets not forget that there has been huge steroid coverups from the US olympic team for years, so if guys like Carl Lewis and Micheal Greene can get away with it, NHL players can as well.

People shouldn't forget though that steroids that are used for muscle healing purposes require a prescription.

Anyone can't just go around saying "Oh well this is for my injury" if no medical prescription proof was required.

Actually, Tony, the truth is that anabolic steroids are hardly ever used in the medical world, and never for muscle healing. Corticosteroids, like prednisone, are used for these injuries sometimes, and are not banned by the NHL or IOC. In fact, anabolic, or muscle building, steroids don't really have a place in most medical practises. The truth is, its quite easy to get these substances from body builders, gyms, etc, through illegal drug trade.

Actually, Tony, the truth is that anabolic steroids are hardly ever used in the medical world, and never for muscle healing. Corticosteroids, like prednisone, are used for these injuries sometimes, and are not banned by the NHL or IOC. In fact, anabolic, or muscle building, steroids don't really have a place in most medical practises. The truth is, its quite easy to get these substances from body builders, gyms, etc, through illegal drug trade.

That's why you're the pro and I'm the amature :)