Bulis?

HABBER-oooooKNOWS

First, you can't expect to be able to trade garbage. That Bulis is a decent, hard working hockey player is precisely what makes him one of the few Habs other teams might be interested in at the moment.

Second, I hope I'm wrong, but apart from last night, this guy has never shown any ability to hit the broad side of a zamboni with his shot. As a finisher he's a joke at the NHL level. This makes him a tease, because he IS able to generate chances...he just can't do anything with them. So he's a third-line player in a top-six forward's body: basically, a Patrick Sundstrom with a bit more zip. And he's never, ever shown anything more than that, on any consistent basis.

So I say, trade him, with regret, but make sure you get either young talent OR a gritty character guy, a la Martin Lapointe, back.

(The only question mark I have about Bulis is the slim possibility that he might find some kind of reasonable scoring touch as a centreman; so it would be worth putting him at C for a few weeks, to see if he maybe does have some actual, rather than merely illusory, offensive upside).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

This is odd.

I didn't listen or watch the game and the last thing I heard of before I went to bed was that Bulis was going to sit. The last thing on my mind before my eyes went into REM was about Jan Bulis and a possible trade.

When I woke up and turned on the TV it was about Peter Forsbergs injury and Jan Bulis. 4 goals?! Wasn't he supposed to be a healthy scratch?!

Anyway... What is this about? Did Gainey had a done deal, Souray got injuried and Bulis played. Bulis scores 4 goals and it would be impossible for Gainey to trade Bulis after such a game. He won the game almost alone...

4 goals or not I like the fact that Bulis is still a habs. He had a great year in the Czech Republic and he took it with him. He's developed nice over the years he's been in Montreal.

"I had a meeting with Bob and he told me I wasn't playing. Then I came back in the afternoon and he told me I was going to suit up. Luckily, it went well for me." - Canadiens LW Jan Bulis after scoring four goals against Philadelphia.

I don't like that attitude. His playing that game went well for the TEAM, not just himself. Perhaps these guys need to learn what it means to be a team.

Showcase that, b*tch.

Good one, BTH!!

"I had a meeting with Bob and he told me I wasn't playing. Then I came back in the afternoon and he told me I was going to suit up. Luckily, it went well for me." - Canadiens LW Jan Bulis after scoring four goals against Philadelphia.

I don't like that attitude. His playing that game went well for the TEAM, not just himself. Perhaps these guys need to learn what it means to be a team.

I think there may have been something lost in the translation here......He was smiling from ear-to-ear and joking around with his teammates after the 4th one, and most importantly, his teammates seemed to be genuinely happy for him.

For me, a guy who was going to be scratched got a second chance and went out and scored 4 goals!

4 FOUR !!

I LIKE that attitude ^_^