Jean-sebastien Giguere

newf

Jean Sebastien Giguere  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should Montreal try and trade for him?

• Yes
    • No

Giguere had a slight breakdown last night... 'apparently' there were already talks of him being traded.

He carried Anaheim to the finals that one year....... but is he still capable of that again??

"Rumour" is that Montreal is very interested in acquiring Giguere.

Hmmmm... :mellow:

The habs shouldnt even have Giguere on there possible trade list. It took him a while to get used to the equipment change, but since 2004, J-S hasnt been the same. Hes no longer able to lead a team to the playoffs. Hes not extraordinary goalie, hes just looks big, when hes actually not really. 6 foot is all he is, the same size as Huet. His stats this year arent anything special, just average. Id rather ride Huet or Theo any day before J-S...

The habs shouldnt even have Giguere on there possible trade list. It took him a while to get used to the equipment change, but since 2004, J-S hasnt been the same. Hes no longer able to lead a team to the playoffs. Hes not extraordinary goalie, hes just looks big, when hes actually not really. 6 foot is all he is, the same size as Huet. His stats this year arent anything special, just average. Id rather ride Huet or Theo any day before J-S...

I agree with most of your post, although I can't agree with your last comment on how you'd rather have Theodore starting over Giguere. If Theo got his head screwed on, then I would agree but he has been playing like absolute crap. JSG's stats are not outstanding but our goaltending situation is not any better. Plus, if Gainey made a trade with Theo involved, there is no way an all star goaltender is coming back the other way - if indeed a goaltender is involved in the trade, which I hope there is.

Stats are not that good? 2.72 gaa .91% sv percentage. Is there some goalie on montreal doing better? For a guy who struggled earlier in the year that loooks pretty damn good to me. certainly better that 10 goals in 15 shots.

Theo is a goalie capable of bringing the cup home to Montreal. He has no confidence, and no one believes in him. Alll he has to do is switch back to Vaughn equipment, and he'll be able to control his rebounds alot better, and he'll feel bigger in the net like he used to. If the habs need to get a goalie for the playoff run there not going to go after a average goalie like Giguere. If we can get Theo out for some decent players then im downnn for the trade, but we shouldnt just dump him. Keep him sitting on the bench while Crystalball keeps reads us into the future...hahaha :D

All goalies have ups and downs ... ours is having a Bottomless pit one it seems but yeap we can't get another top goalie for Theo unless its a still unproven Brut Jem in the making ... Theo could only be traded for a good D man right now

So I'm sure we'll stick with theo for a while

So what was that goalie that got in a fight with Aebisher, waived because of the brawl??

That was Sauve, who used to ride shotgun behind Aebischer before this season. The Flames waived him for fighting. Personally I would love to have a fighting goalie - like mathieu30.

I would trade Giguere for Theo right now without any hesitation.

Giguere is having a good season, he's 1.3M$ cheaper then Theo and only as 1 more year left on his contract.

Also, at least he as proven that he can take a team to the cup final unlike Theo who always chokes in the 2nd round....

Carrying your team to the cup final on your own is worth 10 Harts and a dozen Vezinas....does are regular season trophees...who cares!!!

I saw that meltdown last night, and for a split second, thought the exact same thing. The fact that he and Carlyle were visibly arguing on the bench, I immediately thought of the whole Roy-Tremblay fiasco. A lot of coaches would never accept a player arguing with them on the ice in the middle of a game. They'd be up in the GM's office demanding he be traded, yesterday.

Having said that, it would be a known quantity you're getting if you did make that swap, a Hart/Vezina winner for a Conn Smythe winner. I just don't know what else it would take to make that deal. Trading goalies straight up isn't exactly a low risk proposition.

I would do it right now...but it won'T happen. if a team is a goalie short of becoming a stanley cup contender, they will give the moon in exchange of giguère.

but I like the fact that giggy came a game short of winning the cup while theodore's still waiting to pass the second round.

That was Sauve, who used to ride shotgun behind Aebischer before this season. The Flames waived him for fighting. Personally I would love to have a fighting goalie - like mathieu30.

Sorry, my team needs me the next couple of months. However, I'm pretty sure I'll be a free agent this summer. I'll get you my 'agent' his number.

Did the Flames really waive Sauve? For fighting?

Yeah thats just brutal. You guys dont know much about hockey if youd pick sauve over theo. Sauve is a backup, and nothing but that for now. If kipper gets hurt, he wont be able to bring the flames anywhere. Theo just needs to get his confidence back and he'll be alot better.

We are in a bind, no doubt about it. All the speculation that we're giving at the moment is the fruit of great frustration. I agree with those who say that, if only Théodore could somehow get or be given back his confidence, then the whole thing could sort itself out for now. I don't expect we'd be cup-bound by any means but there would be the foundation for a continued rebuilding.

The whole thing seems to be the coming together of a whole bunch of factors (which I won't list for now) that all combine to make for a tail-spin. Pittsburg is in a same rut. They have good players too. Good veterans, good and great young ones and what should be a reliable group of role players. It's just not coming together. The same could be said of the Leafs also. Good players (vets, rookies & role players) but just not clicking.

Yet, on the other hand, we see Carolina just blossoming way beyond expectations. We see Buffalo just flying way higher than was predicted. We see the Rangers reaching the giddier levels of success way more than was predicted. It happens.

So, in so far as I see it, we're stuck with a combination of huge struggles by some key players which is contributing to the dragging down of the other players' performance and the coming together of factors which all make for a situation that, normally, wouldn't be the case.

This is probably a storm that we'll have to sit out, waiting for the sun to rise again. It usually does.

Giggy has an important stat a shutout!!!!

Oh Giggy has also allowed 1 goals 6 times Theo only 3 times.

And he is 6 foot 1 not 6 feet.

This deal is highly unlikely I would believe.

The Ducks have been dumping salary all year why would they want to pay more for a goalie.

The problem here is that theo has proven twice now that he's very fragile between the ears, and that he takes a long time each time to regain his confidence. He's probably already labeled unstable by other GMs, and with his salary, good luck on getting rid of him, even if we give him away.