What Is Wrong With Koivu/kovalev?

Nilan25

Jees you guys half read statements. I said simply that when it comes to hockey we have more heart. It is our game and we are all raised with that belief, in our hearts. To deny that belief, you are either an immigrant, later life so you didn't grow up here as a Canadian, not that that makes you less Canadian, but the belief wouldn't have been instilled, or you are a pansy bleeding heart that wants to be politically correct no matter what the facts say.

Ah, name calling. Gotta love it. I was born here, my parents were born here... so I guess that makes me a pansy bleeding heart. I've been called worse.

The 'facts' don't say that Canadians play hockey with more heart. Yes, the Canadian juniors won when they weren't supposed to. The '98 Olympic team was favoured to win - yet didn't get a medal. I guess they didn't play with heart... BUT HOW COULD THAT BE?!? After all, they're Canadian!

Stop pretending that we have a monopoly on 'heart'. Your one example is evidence that Canadians can play with heart (and they often do), but doesn't prove anything. It certainly isn't evidence that players from other countries can't or won't play with heart.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saku Koivu has carried this team on his tiny back for many years. He is sucking right now and sucking badly. His leadership (captaincy) is in question and yes it should be.

Thank God for BG because he does not give up on people easily. He will instruct and carry Koivu during this low time in his life.

I expect for the assistant captains to do the same.

Koivu has been there for this team for many years and right now Saku needs the team to be there for him. This is a team and teams or any other relationship is about supporting each other. Lifting one another when the shit hits the fan.

Saks has had many great years here but he needs the team right now. He is weary and unable to carry the load. Surely someone can step up and help the brother out.

Habs MUST = team.

(That is why I want Theo and Ribs gone so bad. They are not team, they are the "Amigos")

Saku Koivu has carried this team on his tiny back for many years. He is sucking right now and sucking badly. His leadership (captaincy) is in question and yes it should be.

Thank God for BG because he does not give up on people easily. He will instruct and carry Koivu during this low time in his life.

Koivu has been there for this team for many years and right now Saku needs the team to be there for him. This is a team and teams or any other relationship is about supporting each other. Lifting one another when the shit hits the fan.

Saks has had many great years here but he needs the team right now. He is weary and unable to carry the load. Surely someone can step up and help the brother out.

Habs MUST = team.

(That is why I want Theo and Ribs gone so bad. They are not team, they are the "Amigos")

It's good to know you have a press pass or whatever into their dressing room every night.

How do you know that Theodore is not a team player?

Cause he hangs out with Ribs?

Or he does TV comercials and nobody else does

I just fail to see how you know that he is not a team player

Point me to a source or something where it states that one of his team mates said he was an ass or whatever

Or even a former team mate who would have nothing to loose by speaking about him.

It's good to know you have a press pass or whatever into their dressing room every night.

How do you know that Theodore is not a team player?

Cause he hangs out with Ribs?

Or he does TV comercials and nobody else does

I just fail to see how you know that he is not a team player

Point me to a source or something where it states that one of his team mates said he was an ass or whatever

Or even a former team mate who would have nothing to loose by speaking about him.

I base my opinions on the information I am receiving. I base my dislike of Theo and Ribs based mostly on media interviews they have been involved in.

From the interviews with various media (RDS, TSN etc) Neither Theo or Ribs have ever once taken responsability for their play. They both blame other players. Especially Theo, constantly blaming defensive zone breakdown for his troubles.

While sometimes that is the case, he needs to take some of the heat. Te guy has let in shitty goal after shitty goal.

Has Huet done the same?

Did Brodeur blame his defence?

Hell no.

I want the "superstar" attitude gone.

Replaced by the team attitude.

see Calgary Flames for a great example.

I base my opinions on the information I am receiving. I base my dislike of Theo and Ribs based mostly on media interviews they have been involved in.

From the interviews with various media (RDS, TSN etc) Neither Theo or Ribs have ever once taken responsability for their play. They both blame other players. Especially Theo, constantly blaming defensive zone breakdown for his troubles.

While sometimes that is the case, he needs to take some of the heat. Te guy has let in shitty goal after shitty goal.

Has Huet done the same?

Did Brodeur blame his defence?

Hell no.

I want the "superstar" attitude gone.

Replaced by the team attitude.

see Calgary Flames for a great example.

Listen to the interviews...Listen to the use of "we" words...

Did theo ever say "yeah the guys really hung me out to dry tonight?"

He will say "we had a few defensive zone breakdowns" which is the truth.

But i've also heard on many occasions that him saying he knows he has to play better

even in the discussion with BG about his pads He said it is just him playing bad. Didnt blame his team mates or his pads.

Dont fault the guy for being honest.

Habs MUST = team.

yes he has been with the Habs many years. Now explain to me which year he carried the Habs all year??

Picked this up in a blog take it for what it's worth

"Apparently after the Capitals game, Alex Kovalev and Steve Bégin got into a little scrap in the Canadiens' dressing room. Kovalev later told reporters that it was nothing against Bégin; rather, he was just frustrated with the pitiful play his team was guilty of in the third period in Washington, and happened to take it out on Bégin. Interesting that he picked Bégin, though, who just so happens to be the hardest-working player on the team.

My guess is that Kovalev was just trying to rile up his team and let them know that playing the way they did is unacceptable. Good for him for doing something about it - I thought I was going to have to endure this sloppy play for the rest of the season. At least someone is taking charge, and who better than Kovalev and Bégin? This is what leadership is about, and the two should be commended for engaging in it. If only we could see it more often from more players..."

You aren't Canadian. Maybe after the Olympics you will understand. But probably not. All Canadians know what I am talking about .

Not everyone is like you, i'm canadian i live in montreal and i route for the finns more then canada.

Finland is my favorite international hockey team then canada.

How can you actually cheer for another country in another sport? Especially Hockey that is awful. I feel sorry for you, not because you are cheering for Finland. But for the wrong Hockey Canada must have performed on you. Hockey is Canada’s game. For you to openly express zero pride for this country, which in my opinion in a non-sport context is the best country in the world to live in.

yes he has been with the Habs many years. Now explain to me which year he carried the Habs all year??

I think he means all these years he's been our C and we fought for , and usually made, the final playoff spot. Or was it his 21 goal year? Ryder will best that this year and I think, let me check, no I was wrong, Ribs only had 20 when he carried us on his back last season.

Honestly?

If he fought on the ice like he fought cancer we'd be laughing. In reality, no matter how much we all like and admire this guy, his career is pretty mediocre. He is no Sundin, Alfredson, or just about anyother C in the league, PLAYWISE, not Characterwise, which he has ample of. I just don't see good results from him or the teams he has captained, or supposed carried on his shoulders.

Boy will the bashers have fun with me today!

Koivu has never been the same since his first injury in 96 97 when he had 56 points in 50 games and was averaging over 2 shots a game, yes Saku used to shoot the puck. He was leading the league in Goals Assists and thus points at the time when he was kneed crossing the blue line against the Hawks. He had unbelievable potential. As for what you said Johnny Has Been yes for sure he has never done wonders for a full NHL season no doubt, but on the upside he is a point a game man in the post season.

Look at the Habs roster over the past decade! Saks did carry this team, not for a season but for aa decade.

This is 2006 and if the best move for the Habs is to move Koivu, then do it. However, I think he just needs some help from this club getting back on his feet right now.

Look at the Habs roster over the past decade! Saks did carry this team, not for a season but for aa decade.

This is 2006 and if the best move for the Habs is to move Koivu, then do it. However, I think he just needs some help from this club getting back on his feet right now.

Great, and where did he cary us for a decade? Not in a lot of playoff participations, and certainly not in conference finals.

How can you actually cheer for another country in another sport? Especially Hockey that is awful. I feel sorry for you, not because you are cheering for Finland. But for the wrong Hockey Canada must have performed on you. Hockey is Canada’s game. For you to openly express zero pride for this country, which in my opinion in a non-sport context is the best country in the world to live in.

Hockey is Canada's game? That sounds like something Adolf Hitler would say about a human race or something. How fun would it be if all other nations stopped playing and started totally ignoring Hockey? Would be REALLY funny to be good at it then wouldnt it?

Stupid Morons... YES I think you are.

Koivu can not be traded. He is the heart of the team.

I mean trading Koivu would be like Mario Lemieux getting traded or

i dont know...Patrick R...Ooops.

But Seriously though There are players that just wouldnt look the same in

another jersey and Koivu is one of them!

Hockey is Canada's game? That sounds like something Adolf Hitler would say about a human race or something. How fun would it be if all other nations stopped playing and started totally ignoring Hockey? Would be REALLY funny to be good at it then wouldnt it?

Are you an Idiot?

Hockey is canada's game. for the simple fact that we invented it and we are the best at it. (of course there are exceptions but im talking about the big picture. we have more superstars then any other country. We could put 3 teams on the ice at the olympics and have a chance to medal with all 3)

Just like baseball is americas pastime. Yes other countries play but when you think baseball do you think of the Yomiuri Giants? Of course not you think of the Babe and the New York Yankees. Do you get bent out of shape when you hear baseball referred to americas pastime?

Edited by brboo

I'm not saying i don't route for canada at all but if finland were playing i would route for them, I have a lot of pride in canada dont worry about it lol.

I'm not saying i don't route for canada at all but if finland were playing i would route for them, I have a lot of pride in canada dont worry about it lol.

So if Canada was palying Finland in the finals of this years Olympics. You would be cheering for Finland?...Sure you are entitled to your opinion but Dude thats just wrong. I have never heard something like that before. :huh:

Edited by brboo

the problem is not with koivu, he is all heart..i think the main problem is in the dressing room,it looks like

there is two different teams out there..the players we have are good but they are not playing together and i

dont think they want to.. i think that why BG FIRER juilen because he couldnt bring the team together and it

looks like he cant do the job.. so it time to bring in some new faces and get the guy out that are causing the problem. :?-

the problem is not with koivu, he is all heart..i think the main problem is in the dressing room,it looks like

there is two different teams out there..the players we have are good but they are not playing together and i

dont think they want to.. i think that why BG FIRER juilen because he couldnt bring the team together and it

looks like he cant do the job.. so it time to bring in some new faces and get the guy out that are causing the problem. :?-

I agree, but I'm hopeful they can turn it around and have us forget these last few months. Sometimes like a friendship or marriage...........too much has been said and done, there is never really getting back to what you used to have.

It starts with Theo.........He is the bad apple. Can he bring it? I don't know.....if he does all this nonsense will go away if not, He needs to go.

I don't think Koivu has ever really liked him! He never comments on Theo but always commented on how great garon was. That used to piss Theo off.

I would get rid of Theo and see what happens to the rest of the team. Mostly Koivu because I know he can still bring it.

If Kovalev is the poison get rid of him. We played better than this without him. I know this is all speculation, but I never heard anything about a fight between Begin and Kovalev. In a battle of character Begin wins hands down.

But who knows, this is rumour mill central. If there was a fight it was probably Begin trying to motivate him. Maybe Kovalev's ego is too big for any team

Koivu has barely played all decade and he has led us nowhere, one playoff series victory does not mean the promised land. I think the habs should have kept Damphousse and Turgeon all these years now that was a mistake.

Edited by Strummerman

Yes, hockey is ours, and we are proud of it. Winning the Stanley Cup here means more than winning the World Series of Baseball, the SUperbowl and the World cup of kick the ball all wrapped up in the same year. We breathe it, as a nation.

So if Canada was palying Finland in the finals of this years Olympics. You would be cheering for Finland?...Sure you are entitled to your opinion but Dude thats just wrong. I have never heard something like that before. :huh:

I have, we call it treason.

and that would be who's job to get straightened out? Right, the captain.

Koivu has barely played all decade and he has led us nowhere, one playoff series victory does not mean the promised land. I think the habs should have kept Damphousse and Turgeon all these years now that was a mistake.

He ain't no Harvey!

Oh, and our blueline should be

DesJardins Schneider

Markov Boulion

Rivet Sourrey