Nolan A Hab?

Haboholic

i hear hes trying to get back into the nhl and ppl think he might be worth a shot for the habs. i dont know what the details are exactly on how we have to go about getting him... but do u guys think we should give him a shot?

Oh, great, now you want to add a Mick to the team.

Kidding, before you all get up in arms I am an O'.....

No, we could have had Mogilny on waivers, same deal here, not what we need although on the 2nd line....

Nolan would be a good addition to the team.......If he can still score. Personally, I feel like he doesn't have his scoring touch anymore, and he probably is MUCH slower then he ever was after that long break without hockey.

The only upside of Nolan is he has a right handed shot. But if the Habs want t slow right handed shot why not call up Dags. Nolan has not played close to a full season in about 4 years.

No way in hell.

He still has a year left on that enormous albatross of a contract of his.

Not in a million years would I bring a guy like that here. Have enough injury prone players on the team without bringing in one who hasn't played in two years.

Nolan was one of my favourites once.

But realize he hasn't been playing hockey at a high level in what, 4 years?!

Would you wan't Theoren Fleury? Nolan might find it in the NHL but whatever team claims him are taking a chance and Montreal is not in a spot to make chances. They have to work with a plan so us fans can get some playoff action.

The only upside of Nolan is he has a right handed shot. But if the Habs want t slow right handed shot why not call up Dags. Nolan has not played close to a full season in about 4 years.

see? he's well rested :blink:

Actually, Dags shoots left also. Still, no Nolan on this team.

No way in hell.

He still has a year left on that enormous albatross of a contract of his.

Not in a million years would I bring a guy like that here. Have enough injury prone players on the team without bringing in one who hasn't played in two years.

If he was to sign with Montreal, or any other team, it would be as a free agent. That's how most of the press is reporting it anyway. Off the top of my head, I don't know if the Leafs declined an option on him or bought him out pre-camp, but he's free and clear. And once his arbitration case with the Leafs is settled, he could be signed for a decent amount this year.

Having said that, I'd pass.

The comments about old slow not scoring anymore, etc... would have applied when we signed Gilmour... IMO, he's worth a shot. If we can have him only for the remaining of the season (plus an option?) for around 1M$, I say go ahead and Trade Zednik and Ribeiro (even if we don't get nolan, trade ribs)