Theodore Needs To Go!

justintb

He isn't Patrick Roy. We aren't tallking about trading away Brodeur. Theodore has never been the best in the league. He is a very good goalie, although if you had to judge by this season alone..., but not the best in the league. So no matter how much he improves we aren't losing something irreplacable. He is over paid by today's standard even if he plays his best. Danis will be better but not yet. So we do need to add another starter/backup to tandom with Huet. How is Michaud doing?

Personnally would hate to see Danis thrown into this mess, he will make the team next year in camp.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree. There are a lot of people who treat Theo like Roy. Although I believe Theo could one day win a cup (if he found the force) but he has not done so yet in fact he has not even won consecutive playoff series. There are way to many available goalies for his salary to be swallowed. Hopefully Bob’s patience will pay off.

« Théodore a absolument besoin de la confiance de l'organisation. Il n'a pas besoin d'un vote de confiance des partisans ni des journalistes. Il a simplement besoin de l'appui des personnes importantes qui l'entourent. Je parle de l'entraîneur et directeur général, Bob Gainey, des adjoints à l'entraîneur et de l'entraîneur des gardiens. L'organisation doit croire en toi et tu as besoin de le ressentir. »

« José a beaucoup trop de talent pour ne pas se relever. J'adore son style de jeu, il aime dévier les attaquants, il a une bonne technique et des jambes excessivement rapides. Il va s'en sortir, et je le lui souhaite. »

-Martin Brodeur, 02/02/2006, radio canada

http://www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/CBFT/T...2011800_1_6.asx

« Théodore a absolument besoin de la confiance de l'organisation. Il n'a pas besoin d'un vote de confiance des partisans ni des journalistes. Il a simplement besoin de l'appui des personnes importantes qui l'entourent. Je parle de l'entraîneur et directeur général, Bob Gainey, des adjoints à l'entraîneur et de l'entraîneur des gardiens. L'organisation doit croire en toi et tu as besoin de le ressentir. »

« José a beaucoup trop de talent pour ne pas se relever. J'adore son style de jeu, il aime dévier les attaquants, il a une bonne technique et des jambes excessivement rapides. Il va s'en sortir, et je le lui souhaite. »

Quite the quote.... but I can't speak french.

This one is good too

"It`s Ground Hog Day, the furry rodent came out of his hole, pulled his groin, scored three goals on Jose Theodore and went back to sleep." - Kevin Gibson

my stab at it:

"Thedore absolutely needs the organization's confidence. He doesn't need to hear a vote of confidence from the fans or the journalists. He simply need the backing of the important people who surround him. I'm talking about Bob Gainey, his coach and GM, the associate coaches and the goalie coach. The organization needs to believe in you and you need to get better.

"Jose has too much talent not to recover. I love his playing style, he loves to outfox shooters, he has great technique and super fast legs. He'll get out of this and I wish him the best"

my stab at it:

"Thedore absolutely needs the organization's confidence. He doesn't need to hear a vote of confidence from the fans or the journalists. He simply need the backing of the important people who surround him. I'm talking about Bob Gainey, his coach and GM, the associate coaches and the goalie coach. The organization needs to believe in you and you need to get better.

"Jose has too much talent not to recover. I love his playing style, he loves to outfox shooters, he has great technique and super fast legs. He'll get out of this and I wish him the best"

Thanks Simonus.

Ya think he really thinks that about his buddy Jose, or is he just trying to start the motivational/confidence building by himself?

Thanks Simonus. My english isn't that great. Good Job! Translation looks OK. In the interview Brodeur also said that José gets paid to be the number one goalie. He needs to play. He also stated that Théo should be in the net. All the time. He won't regain his confidence sitting on the bench. I know. I know. Allowing 50% of the shots you face isn't a confidence booster, but that's what Martin Brodeur said. Put Théo.. yikes.. in the net.

Thanks Simonus. My english isn't that great. Good Job! Translation looks OK. In the interview Brodeur also said that José gets paid to be the number one goalie. He needs to play. He also stated that Théo should be in the net. All the time. He won't regain his confidence sitting on the bench. I know. I know. Allowing 50% of the shots you face isn't a confidence booster, but that's what Martin Brodeur said. Put Théo.. yikes.. in the net.

He'll recover. By the end of the year he'll be back to his normal self. The confidence will come back

Could things go much worse in Theodore's life?

Theodore's family: sentenced for shark loans

Theodore's step-dad (Guy Cloutier): in prison for sexual agressions

Theodore's sister-in-law's husband (Louis Morissette): fired from his TV show after 2 shows. A has-been ever since.

Theodore's sister-in-law (Véronique Cloutier): on a highway to Has-Beenville herself.

Just a couple of years ago, all these people were on top of the World. Now they're all humiliated. How quickly can things change!

A friend of mine the other day mentioned Theo under a new nickname....a somewhat obvious nickname when you think about it.....but still...I was surprised, amazed, and quite pleased at its accuracy!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I submit to you, on behalf of a friend...

THE ODOR!

That's right, he stinks!

**edit** just hope this hasn't been said before....I'd never heard it....

Edited by Makh2o

I have heard The ODOR before but I don’t know if I have seen it on this site. It is sad that Theo is so rattled now, that all these nicknames are resurfacing. This team cannot make the playoffs without their three best players being their three best players. Theo, Koivu, and Kovalev all three of these guys are on vacation.

José a beaucoup trop de talent pour ne pas se relever. J'adore son style de jeu, il aime dévier les attaquants, il a une bonne technique et des jambes excessivement rapides. Il va s'en sortir, et je le lui souhaite. » - Martin Brodeur... I hope he's right.

@simonus:

«Il faut qu'il continue de jouer. C'est ce dont il a besoin. Il doit voir beaucoup d'action afin de retrouver sa confiance devant le but. José va être correct, j'en suis persuadé. Il va réussir.»

- Patrick Roy

>> He needs to play. He needs lots of icetime to refind his form/confidence. I'm convinced that Jose will succeed.

Sorry for my english. I try my best.

A friend of mine the other day mentioned Theo under a new nickname....a somewhat obvious nickname when you think about it.....but still...I was surprised, amazed, and quite pleased at its accuracy!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I submit to you, on behalf of a friend...

THE ODOR!

That's right, he stinks!

**edit** just hope this hasn't been said before....I'd never heard it....

How about Theo Dort. It's in french which means Theo is sleeping!!!!