An Assessment Of Bob Gaineys Time In Montreal

kaos

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...hl%3Den%26lr%3D

It is a link to RDS article about Gainey's backing of Koivu's leadership. He says Koivu is an excellent leader.

He also says that he knows Montreal needs a trade badly but he will not trade any of our young guys or draft picks.

That is clear enough to me. We live with what we have till next year. Hopefully we can sign a solid UFA Dman and a crushing winger to play top line. (I doubt Latendresse will be ready)

Even the thought of getting rid of Gainey is ridiculous, come on, he's only been in charge for less than 2 seasons, really. I hate seeing the Habs lose, but you don't build a contender in a day. Rejean Houle made lots of changes in a short time, which lead us down the road to today. Dispite the struggles, this is a team loaded with young prospects and players, so its not the time to panic and start a fire sale. Everyone needs to relax, take a step back, and try to be reasonable. Gainey is calm and level headed, which is exactly whats needed during difficult times.

So far, Gainey has been nothing short of incompetent. I understand that mortgaging the team's future to scrape by into the 8th spot only to get steamrolled in the first round would be stupid. But why not make some small, lateral moves to change the team chemistry a little? Inject a few players that are hungry to prove themselves into the lineup, and just maybe it will be contagious. It certainly couldn't hurt.

Downey was one of those moves. Exchanging Kostitsyn and Perezhogin is another. So is using Ferland, Ivanans and Murray in different games at different parts of the season. So was calling up Cote.

We have motivated players on the farm and Gainey has been constantly "injecting" them into the line-up. And then back out.

Gainey shouldn't be fired. A revolving door management does no help to anyone.

That said, damnit. Hainsey. How will we ever develop prospects if we let go of them so easily? Yeah, I'm real sure a 28 year old Streit has a lot more upside. Yeah right. He really plays with a lot of intensity. Yeah right.

Heck, at least Gainey isn't playing Streit over Komisarek like Julien.

Even the thought of getting rid of Gainey is ridiculous, come on, he's only been in charge for less than 2 seasons, really. I hate seeing the Habs lose, but you don't build a contender in a day. Rejean Houle made lots of changes in a short time, which lead us down the road to today. Dispite the struggles, this is a team loaded with young prospects and players, so its not the time to panic and start a fire sale. Everyone needs to relax, take a step back, and try to be reasonable. Gainey is calm and level headed, which is exactly whats needed during difficult times.

I agree 100%. Anybody who even suggests that Gainey should go is a complete fool. It is not his fault that Theo can't stop a beachball. :hlogo: