Game Thread | Flyers Vs. Canadiens | 02/05/06

Spider-Man NL

flyers_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

flyers50.gif31-14-9 : 71 Points (5th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif24-22-6 : 54 Points (9th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2197.gif# 30 Antero Niittymaki (18-8-6), 2.92 GAAflyers50.gif

montreal50.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (4-5-1), 2.68 GAA 2311.gif

Flyers Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Zednik

Downey - Ribeiro - Begin

d.jpg

Souray - Dandenault

Markov - Rivet

Cote - Komisarek

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 25th, 2005:th_thflyers50.gif2 montreal50.gif3 OT

Jan. 25th, 2006:montreal50.gif5 flyers50.gif3

DowneyFly.jpg

RivetFly.jpg

This game can be seen 3:00pm eastern on

logo_RDS.giflogo_tsn-smaller.jpg& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We play as a team

We play hard the full 60'

We are commited to short hard shifts

We will stay on the positive side of our emotions

We will outwork our opponents in special team situations

We recognize that solide team-D will help us create offense

We make the puck work for us

We play our game

Go Habs go!

Hip hip Huet!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Today's BTH Pre-Game Prediction is brought to you by Moores:

4-2 for the Habbo's

(Bulis, Plekanec, Begin, Ribeiro)

(Knuble, Gagne)

Well dressed. Well made. Well priced. Moores.

And you heard it first on The BTH Pre-Game Prediction Show! I'm your host, Gilles Laliberté! Have a nice day.

Will Cristo start???

Le Canadien va affronter les Flyers de Philadelphie dimanche après-midi au Centre Bell. Il s'agira d'un troisième match en quatre jours. Cristobal Huet aura-t-il l'énergie nécessaire pour participer à la rencontre ?

«Je vais lui demander même si je crois déjà connaître sa réponse», a dit Gainey en esquissant un petit sourire.

-La Presse

I think Huet will get the start in goal.

Koivu Hat Trick Today!

-- got a feeling. Maybe Kovalev, somebody with a "K" gets three I predict.

we need to put back-to-back wins together, just a week until the Olympique break!

Go Habs Go!!!

Edited by JeanLucPilon

Koivu Hat Trick Tonight!

-- got a feeling. Maybe Kovalev, somebody with a "K" gets three I predict.

we need to put back-to-back wins together, just a week until the Olympique break!

Go Habs Go!!!

Knuble?

tsn.ca says

"It was Huet's first shutout since Feb. 23, 2004, when he shut out the Nashville Predators as a member of the Los Angeles Kings. He has not won consecutive starts since sweeping the Phoenix Coyotes in a home-and-home series March 9-10, 1994."

See how great Huet is? He won consecutive games fully nine seasons before he started in the league.

Edited by simonus

tsn.ca says

"It was Huet's first shutout since Feb. 23, 2004, when he shut out the Nashville Predators as a member of the Los Angeles Kings. He has not won consecutive starts since sweeping the Phoenix Coyotes in a home-and-home series March 9-10, 1994."

See how great Huet is? He won consecutive games fully nine seasons before he started in the league.

Hahha... TSN is great...

Huet WILL play today though. According to the "Ice chips" via Tsn.ca.

I kind of liked yesterday's lines, and the way they were used throughout the game.............all those penalties at the end of the first and throughout the second period made it a bit tougher to keep them intact, but it worked out pretty well in the third..........did anyone alse notice that during the last 2 PP's we had last night, the Koivu/Ryder/Higgins line did not sniff the ice? It was Ribs line and the Plex line during those PPs, and they were very effective.....The Flyers, although still very big, are not the heavy hitters they once were. Therefore, the need for Downey in today's lineup is not that urgent, and the need for Sundstrom, until he slips back from his coma, will never be urgent. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The Flyers are a very beatable team right now.

They are missing more than a few key guys and struggling for confidence.

Philly Banged Up - tsn.ca

Sound familiar? Now is the time this habs team develops a winner's mind. Seeing an opponent as prey, taking advantage of their weaknesses and eating them up!

Let's see who has the winner's mind this afternoon!

Kick it up a notch and burst this team's bubble early!

Go Habs Go!

Edited by The Saint

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4758

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Flyers

MONTREAL – Fresh off an inspiring 2-0 win over the Bruins on Saturday, the Canadiens will look to sweep their traditional Super Bowl weekend matinees when they host the Philadelphia Flyers today at 3 p.m.

Yesterday afternoon, Cristobal Huet kicked aside 35 shots to earn his first shutout as a Montreal Canadien, while Andrei Markov marked his return to the lineup with his first goal in three weeks. The win also moved the Canadiens into a ninth-place tie in the East with the Bruins and Thrashers.

Also in action at home Saturday afternoon, the Flyers conceded the top spot in the Atlantic Division to the New York Rangers, who beat Philadelphia 4-3 in overtime. Ken Hitchcock’s troops, who remain without the services of Peter Forsberg, hold one the best road records in the league, at 17-6-3.

Today’s matchup is the third of four between the Canadiens and Flyers this season. Montreal, looking to inch closer to its first season series sweep over Philadelphia since 1976-77, has taken the first two so far. The most recent meeting on Jan. 25 resulted in a career night for Jan Bulis, who notched four goals in the Canadiens’ 5-3 win in Philadelphia.

Defense gets offensive: Saturday against the Bruins, Canadiens defensemen were responsible for both goals; Andrei Markov potted his eighth while Sheldon Souray lit the lamp for the fourth time this season with his empty-netter. It marked the fifth time this season that Canadiens blueliners have scored twice in a game. The club has won all five games.

Men of few shots: For the 30th time this season, the Canadiens were outshot, but they still managed to pick up their 26th and 27th points in those circumstances, with a 12-15-3 record. Montreal is 28th in the league in total shots, ahead of Columbus and Minnesota. Michael Ryder, who leads the team with 20 goals, is the only Canadiens player to have passed the 100-shot mark, with 146 thus far. He might not be alone come the end of the day as Richard Zednik and Alex Kovalev each have 99 shots in 2005-06.

4758_1.jpg

In the two games he's played against the Flyers this season, Tomas Plekanec has collected three assists.

I must say, I like the way this team seems to play in front of Huet. And how they (Huet and the forwards and D) feed off of each other and challenge each other. It seems an obvious difference from when Jose is in there. By the way, I don't care who's in net, I just want wins.

Like the other night when he stopped the penalty shot and pointed out to the Habs bench as if to say "now, show me what you got!"...I love that sh*t!

Is there some sort of football game today? :hockey:

Is there some sort of football game today? :hockey:

Not sure, but there is the 6 Nations match between France and Scotland which I mostly missed because my son came down with a stomach virus. Thank God, he seems to be fine now.

Its a plot I tell you two afternoon hockey games and two early evening rugby games and the first night my pump goes out and the second my son gets sick. Well, the pump's fixed and the son is getting better so I guess I shouldnt complain too much. Things can always get worse :)

A montreal win tonight will make everything better :hlogo:

Like the other night when he stopped the penalty shot and pointed out to the Habs bench as if to say "now, show me what you got!"...I love that sh*t!

He pointed to Theo.

Rivet [i think it was] skated a message from Theo to Huet before the penalty shot.

Appearantly Theo keeps a book of sorts on players shot preferences. Axelson is a stick side kinda guy.