Game Thread | Flyers Vs. Canadiens | 02/05/06

Spider-Man NL

When he was good... Crap. In Sweden we have a word for this:

Medgångssupporter.

Theodore is in a slump and has to work it out.

I think that we translate that as " bandwagon- jumper" :P

Theo doesn't suck, and two games does not make a career. Let's not get carried away.

Theo is playing terrible lately, but he has done plenty for this org and deserves some respect and some time to work on his play.

Huet is playing great right now and has earned more starts. I hope he keeps on this streak and I have no problem playing him until he falls apart. That said, I hope when he hits a bad patch we remember how he played this weekend and not call for his head.

Overall, best game I have seen from this bunch in ages. I think the biggest difference is they are playing a puck possession, forechecking game rather then that crap trap. The trap takes all the speed out of both teams and speed is suppose to be our advantage.

I hope Gainey keeps them playing this way.

The difference is they are playing with confidence. We need to ride Huet till he drops and hope that Theo is able to come in and win

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would agree with you. One thing to consider, though, is that this is a team hurting for offence and hurting for confidence. We are not a dominant team, these games will rarely happen. If we have to run up the score to bring up the chins of a couple of the Habs players, so be it.

Ribs, Zhogs, and Kovy....I can see why they'd be out there. Wouldn't that be a line you'd want to get going?

Normally I would agree with you. One thing to consider, though, is that this is a team hurting for offence and hurting for confidence. We are not a dominant team, these games will rarely happen. If we have to run up the score to bring up the chins of a couple of the Habs players, so be it.

Ribs, Zhogs, and Kovy....I can see why they'd be out there. Wouldn't that be a line you'd want to get going?

Yea, I thought about that confidence thing as well, but aside from Zhogs, I doubt if Kovy and Ribs will ever lack it......I just thought that it would have been a good time getting Bonk out there w/Zed and maybe Downey....these are the guys that could actually use the pat in the back (or a swift kick in the behind).

More fun with captions

gotta love this from sportsnet.ca:

richardsmike02056sj.jpg

"Flyers rookie Mike Richards gets a rough ride from a pair of Montreal defenders. (CP)"

is it just me, or is Ribeiro one of those defenders?

Edited by simonus

More fun with captions

gotta love this from sportsnet.ca:

richardsmike02056sj.jpg

"Flyers rookie Mike Richards gets a rough ride from a pair of Montreal defenders. (CP)"

is it just me, or is Ribeiro one of those defenders?

Ribs and Perezhogin, two big, bad, bruising defenders.

This game could barely have gotten better.

Ryder: hat trick

Bulis: goal (any assists?)

Huet: back-to-back shutouts

Perezhogin: great

Everyone else: same as Zhog

We are now 2 points closer to the playoffs.

This game could barely have gotten better.

Ryder: hat trick

Bulis: goal (any assists?)

Huet: back-to-back shutouts

Perezhogin: great

Everyone else: same as Zhog

We are now 2 points closer to the playoffs.

&! the games' third star.. ;)

Please remember, we beat a team that was pretty much there 3rd squad, yes we looked good, but how badly would they have beaten if they were healthy and we were without Saku, Kovelev, Ryder, Sourrey, Markov, Bulis and Bonk?

Would have been as bad and they would have looked great.

Please remember, we beat a team that was pretty much there 3rd squad, yes we looked good, but how badly would they have beaten if they were healthy and we were without Saku, Kovelev, Ryder, Sourrey, Markov, Bulis and Bonk?

Would have been as bad and they would have looked great.

When we were in that exact situation and lost game after game I don't remember any sympathy.

When we were in that exact situation and lost game after game I don't remember any sympathy.

True, no sympathy, but we did lose to teams we should have beat. That is my point. But on a positive note, it was the third time we beat them. I was telling the wife that I hope we draw them 1st round, as we can out skate them and seem to have the confidence in it. Weird that the boys show that confidence against the strong teams in the east, ie Sens, NYR, Philly, and then skate like old men against the weaker teams.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

All Zed needs is a couple of goals to get his confidence back.....seems like he's squeezing his stick a bit too tight.......good overall game against a Flyers team which we're 3-0 against since LeClair left......We didn't win this game on just emotion, we outhustled, outhit, and finally decisively outplayed a team for 60 minutes.....We finally started forechecking and utilizing our speed and quickness; we played to our strengths.........One thing that bothered me was the fact that BG came back with Ribs/Zhogs/Kovy as the PP unit after Ryder's hat trick goal....i thought he should have put on our 4th line or at least the Plex line .... No use "rubbing it in" once the game was already won, especially against a depleted Flyer's defence...Anyway, we've got a couple of tough games coming up vs Buffalo....their D-Men do a great job of pinching in to keep the puck in the offensive zone, and then their speedy forwards are extremely good at the cycling game to create their chances.....Having said this, I think we do match up well against them as long as we play like we did today.

I guess BG was looking for building the confidence of our "other" Second line! ;) Specialy Ribs and Perez!

Ryder is the man. i love his shot and each game he playes his getting better, all he needs is some one to pass him the puck. and koviu is the man when it comes to that..