If I Were In Charge For One Day.....

hankhab

Its a bit quiet on the posting front, so why not throw out a few trade suggestions, while trying to remain realistic, here they are...

Zednik and Ribero to Chicago for Arneson

Theodore and a second round pick to Colorado for their first round pick

Souray to Anahiem for Salei and a second round pick (Salei UFA after this season)

Gainey likes Arneson, and Chicago would like a couple of forwards.

If we can get anything for Theo, we're lucky, but Colorado might just take a chance, given their love of French Canadiens and hope of going somewhere in the playoffs.

Salei is UFA after this year, and Anaheim might prefer a d-man who is sighned past this year.

We draft heavy on d-men in upcoming draft, or maybe combine two 1st rounders for Eric Johnson, highly touted rearguard.

This leaves us with...

Kovalov Koivu Kostitsen

Higgens Arneson Ryder (I love this second line)

Bulis Plekanec Perezoigin

Begin Bonk Sunstrom/Ferland

Markov Rivet

Salei Dandenault/Boullion

Cote Komisarik (I'm liking this duo more and more each game)

Streit

Huet

Danis

So..there it is, I'm be perfectly happy riding out the season with those players, especially with the cap room we'd be left with for next year..if Salei plays well, we try to sign him again, if not, we lose Souray for a pick..I'd take that...any comments? Feel free to totally shoot this down, if you give good reasons.

The Souray one is god if we can resign Salei, the Arnason one we might be paying too much but the Theodore one is awful. Trust me, teams would pay much more for Theodore than that. If we take out the second than it's a podibility though. If it's a top pick than we win but a mid 1st rounder is worth Theodore right now. Aparently Arnason is a floater and is similar to ibs so it would suck to swap skilled players with bad attitudes and then have top throw in Zednik.

Yeah I don't think I like any of those trades.

Theodore deal is terrible. Trading a struggling #1 goalie for what would probably amount to a depth player considering Colorados record.

The Arnason not Arneson deal is worse. Arnason is no better than Ribeiro and your giving away Zednik for free. Another thing is that Chicago is well known for stacking talent and selling it off cheap. So you can get there players for less. It really is a terrible organization.

And the Salei for Souray move is a lateral move at best. Souray's a bit younger, 2 years, and just entering his prime for a defensman so I'd rather have him.

And you don't draft heavy in defensman, you draft the best player available at that time, if it happens to be a defensman, so be it.

And no way in hell does somebody trade a mid level #1 and a bottom #20 or so 1st Round pick for a top 3 draft pick which would get you arguably the best player in the draft if it were held today.

Heres what I would do. Make a trade with Chicago to get Arnason and Mark Bell...this makes the team bigger, and still skilled, while giving up Ribeiro and Bulis and maybe another 3rd or 4th line player...Montreal is stacke with these, and maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Agreed Montreal needs a defensman, and so does the rest of the league so the asking price will be high. I'd try to target a Brendan Witt, or physical guy like that. Try not to give to much for him. NOt sure what the going rate is, but find what there need is and make sure its not more than a 3rd OR 4th line player, and maybe a later draft pick 4ht round tops. I'm pretty sure they have a need for a center to play with Ovechkin and Radek Bonk would fit the bill nicely. That way Washington would probably have to send a draft pick back this way....maybe a 2nd or probably a 3rd rounder.

That gives you

Bell Koivu Ryder

Kostitsyn Arnason Kovalev

Higgins Plekenec Perezhogin

Murray Begin Bonk

That still leaves you with Zednik and some others to try and trade for either legit top 2 defensman, and top left winger.

Markov Rivet

Souray Witt

Cote Komisarek

That still leaves you with Zednik, Streit, Dandenault, Bouillon and some others to try and trade for either legit top 2 defensman, and top left winger.

Theodore IF you trade him you have to find a way to get a #1 in return.

Huet I'd rather trade him to a contender, who needs a trust back up

Danis Call him up and play him regularly when Huet is traded

Thats how I see things

What I would do.

Trade Ribiero to Washington for a second round pick. Or for Jeff Friesen and a fourth round pick. He's really stinking up the joint there, but a change of scenery might help him.

I would trade Dandenault and Sundstrom to Phoenix for Denis Gauthier and Tyson Nash. Nash is a definite prick. But hey, if he pisses off other teams all the better. And Phoenix keeps scratching him anyway.

I'd then trade our second round pick to the Isles, along with one of Ferland or Lapierre for Mark Parrish. Parrish is an impending UFA, a more than fair return. And we've finally got another top-six guy to go along with asofar Kovalev, Koivu, Ryder, Higgins/Plekanec/Bulis (alternating really), Zednik..

If Jokinen was willing to sign with the Habs, (a longshot considering his agent is Mark Gandler), I'd trade one of Kostitsyn or Perezhogin along with Zednik for him.

Hmmn, what else?

I'd keep Theodore, because I'm certain that trading him during this slump would only motivate to play like a superstar for whichever team that gets him.

But I would, barring any disasters, start Huet till the Olympic break.

If I Were In Charge For One Day

Hmmm..

I would..... make ticket prices cheaper.

Retire #19

& I would make sure that the "GM for one day" (me) could stick with the team after that one day.

personally I don't think our team is that bad. Do we need some guys ok all of them to step up and play like they can OF COURSE. But this is still the team we were all so happy with 25 games ago. Theo needs to sit and think for a while. Fortunatly Huet is proving to be one hell of a back up. I must admit I never saw this coming. If theo sits for a while he will get his competitive juices flowing again because he will realise he is not Montreal's saviour ala St. Patrick. H e is really competeing against a ghost if you think about it. Lets keep what we got make the playoffs and see what the off season brings. Believe in BOB. He is not a loser never has been and never will be.

Edited by habs rule