Game Thread | Buffalo Vs. Montreal | 02/07/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Habs. we really need to go into the break with some hope, so a win is big tonight..i think we well get abig game from Ryder and the first line tonight and is cote playing, i really like his play.

im guessing the boys win 5-3 on goals from boullion, perezhogin, kovalev, zednik, and downey(he is due and playing well)

goals from buffalo will be from afinogenov, pyatt and drury

and does anyone else think that afinogenov and perezhogin are replicas of each other. both have unmatched speed and accelerataion, both are 6 feet and slightly under 200 pounds, both soviet, both left handed... think about it

GO HABS GO

I would like to hope that Zhog will be beter then Afinogenov.

And Huet will for sure be between the pipes he has back to back shutouts. I would however expect that if Huet does not shutout the Sabres tonight that Theo may start Thursday in Buffalo.

Here's hoping tonights D-line up will be the following:

Souray Rivet

Bouillon Dandenault

Markov Komisarek

@ Habsrule

Don't mention the 'S-word'! ;)

Did you know Jason Pominville has scored 12 goals on 58 shots (30 GP-12G-9A-21PTS +/- 1 2GWG)? Pretty impressive 21% shooting percentage.

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Got to hand it too the Sabres!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=8947&hubname=

Not one player being paid over 3Mil playing with No first Line! Like we are doing now they have 3 Second line 2nd a 2ndb 2ndc Were getting there too with our two Second lines!!! the secret to making the playoffs!! but not to win a cup or are they???

The Habs have been getting humped lately. This winning weekend should put the fun into playing again. I am not predicting a win(or against one) however, I at least want them to play with the same intesity they came at Philly with. It is the drab, could-care-less style I hope I have seen the last of. If they lose while showing heart, I will not be grumpy Wed. morning.

Go Habs Go!

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4759

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Sabres

MONTREAL – After sweeping away their opponents in a pair of Super Bowl weekend matinees, the Canadiens are back in action tonight as they welcome the Buffalo Sabres to the Bell Centre. With back-to-back shutouts against the Bruins and Flyers over the weekend, the Canadiens now find themselves just one point shy of eighth place in the Eastern Conference.

Montreal, now 4-1 at home with Bob Gainey behind the bench, will be looking for its third straight victory for the first time since winning five in a row from Oct. 31 to Nov. 8. During that stretch, the Canadiens beat the Sabres on consecutive nights.

The Sabres, meanwhile, continue to challenge the Ottawa Senators for first place in the Northeast Division. Lindy Ruff’s troops are just six points back with a game in hand. Buffalo heads into tonight’s matchup riding a five-game winning streak and is tied with the Flyers atop the Eastern Conference with 17 road wins.

Tonight is the fifth meeting between the Canadiens and Sabres this season. The two clubs will face off again Thursday night at HSBC Arena in Buffalo. The season series is currently even at 2-2, with Montreal taking the first two.

Three for three? Last Thursday in Boston, Patrice Bergeron found the back of the net at 12:13 of the second period. 147 minutes, 27 seconds and 72 shots later, Cristobal Huet has been unbeatable. The 30-year-old became the first Canadiens netminder to record back-to-back shutouts since Jose Theodore accomplished the feat on Feb. 5 and Feb. 7, 2002. Tonight, Huet will look to join a select list of 19 goaltenders who, since the 1943-44 season, have shut out the opposition in three straight games.

It’s Miller time: Despite a solid 13-game stretch with Martin Biron in goal while he recovered from a fractured thumb, Ryan Miller has reclaimed his spot as the Sabres’ top netminder. Back on the ice since Dec. 19, Miller, who was just named to the U.S. Olympic reserve squad, has posted a 12-3 record. On Monday, the 25-year-old narrowly beat out Huet for the NHL’s Defensive Player of the Week honors.

See you soon! For the 21st time in their history, the Canadiens and Sabres will face each other in consecutive contests. In those meetings, the Canadiens have gone 20-13-7-0, while the Sabres have held the edge at home, with a 9-6-5 record. Just like a doubleheader in baseball, the back-to-back matchups in the NHL tend to be split among the two teams. Only Montreal has managed to sweep a series and only three times at that, most recently on Nov. 4 and 5. The Canadiens also swept the series in 1978-79 and 1991-92.

4759_1.jpg

MONTREAL - After sweeping away the competition over the weekend, the Canadiens will look to win their third straight as they host the Sabres tonight at the Bell Centre.

Where will you watch the games now PM Koivu where do you live?

I live in Kitchener, about an hour west of Toronto.

I guess I will become a CJAD guy untill webcast is available. I have emailed TSN, RDS, NHL, Canadiens asking about webcast. It is not out yet but it is coming.

Other than that, I will hit the bar every now and then.

It sucks!

I live in Kitchener, about an hour west of Toronto.

I guess I will become a CJAD guy untill webcast is available. I have emailed TSN, RDS, NHL, Canadiens asking about webcast. It is not out yet but it is coming.

Other than that, I will hit the bar every now and then.

It sucks!

Aw, c'mon, bars aren't that bad! I'll meet you at the Edelweiss!