Game Thread | Buffalo Vs. Montreal | 02/07/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There you go. total rip off if you ask me.

the one that gets me is the Koivu penalty. Marginal at best and after a game where I saw him hooked twice, his stick held, and then interfered with.. .all with no calls.

Well, at least we got a point, but I hope the habs win the next one and get some sweet revenge.

could have been worse Kovy got us one point -- anyway we come back and win in Buffalo, Gainey got to rip some of these boys a new one we're taking WAY too many penalties.

Ja matta see you next game

There you go. total rip off if you ask me.

the one that gets me is the Koivu penalty. Marginal at best and after a game where I saw him hooked twice, his stick held, and then interfered with.. .all with no calls.

Well, at least we got a point, but I hope the habs win the next one and get some sweet revenge.

Holding the stick like that happens 50 times a game. The ref waited till 1:00 left in the third to call it....

Well rough end to a good game.

The refereeing was questionable for sure.

From my stand point it appeared that Ryder crosschecked the puck in off his stick but I could be wrong. I wish that goal had counted. As soon as they waived it off I knew Montreal would get a penalty to even things out but I did not think that they would get two on tough calls. Begin's stick was below his shoulder and Koivu did not even grasp the stick with his hand he just put his hand under the stick.

Edited by JMMR

The leafs got the rangers Friday and saturday. lets hope for a Rangers sweep.

Well rough end to a good game.

The refereeing was questionable for sure.

From my stand point it appeared that Ryder crosschecked the puck in off his stick but I could be wrong. I wish that goal had counted. As soon as they waived it off I knew Montreal would get a penalty to even things out but I did not think that they would get two on tough calls. Begin's stick was below his shoulder and Koivu did not even grasp the stick with his hand he just put his hand under the stick.

No Koharski just wanted to be the Star

Edited by brboo

I liked what I'm seeing. Good to see the shots up. Continue to like this forecheck...have they switched up to a 2-3 forececk allowing D to pinch much more than before? Really, Buffalo goaltending was good, we controlled most of the play. The penalties had to be called; blame the players for taking dumb penalties. Ryder's non-goal could have gone either way. Just my 2 cents. Is it safe to say Jose goes the next game or do they keep riding Huet?

Ok...I hate Koharski as much as anyone....but Koivu and Begin both deserved their penalties. Koivu should know that you can't just wrap your free arm in front of someone (that in itself will get you the gate every time), let alone use it to mess with their stick. Begin's stick caught a guy in the mouth...pretty hard not to call that. A lack of concentration on the parts of Koivu and Begin cost us the game, not biased officiating.