If I Were...

ch_nl

If I could be Bob Gainey for a day I would do...

Yeah we're seen it before. But I was thinking about the Canadiens and why some of the player are having a tough year. It it because of the new rules? The same rules that would benefit fast team like the Habs?

And I came up with something... What if I could be a scout for another NHL-team for one day. What would I say about the Montreal Canadiens? How would I beat them?

1st line:

They have the skilled Alexei Kovalev on rightwing. Can do anything with a puck. Focus on him and the center Saku Koivu. Both can pass and score. Try to catch them in the neutral zone. There will either be a pass from their puckmoving defenceman Andrei Markov or they will turnover themself. The third link on their first line is the weakest. Richard Zednik. He's incredibly strong so don't try to knock him, but steer him out of position as his shot is not as accurate as some other first line wingers. Neutralize Koivu and Kovalev and things will be OK. If frustrated enough Zednik will be taking cheap penalties.

2nd line.

Pice of cake. Small, soft and slow Mike Ribeiro is a magican with the puck but his size and speed makes him really easy to take down. The scorer on this line is Michael Ryder who is a true sniper. Don't let Riberio play him as Ryder rarley creates his own chances. Ryder is the kind of player who is at the right place at the right time but if he never get's the puck then it's no harm.

3rd line.

Radek Bonk centers this line but don't get intimidated by hiz size as he doesn't use it. No natural goalscorer but both Niklas Sundström and Jan Bulis takes responsibility in the defence. Crash the net a lot.

4th line.

Steve Begin works hard so when this line is out I want a lot of calls from the referee and short shifts.

Defence.

Andrei Markov is the only defenceman that starts offensive raids. Sheldon Souray has a cannon shot so make sure he won't use it. Craig Rivet plays solid but has no offensive upside. Big kid Mike Komisarek is sometimes great and sometimes clumsy. Keep your heads up. But the key is to take Markov out so there won't be any 4-players offensive raids.

//

• 7 months later...
lol.. st-huberts is gonna become da next mikes.. OUT OF BIZ n selling overstock in grocery stores.

Ours here in Fredericton turned into a SwissChalet like 10 years ago.

:hlogo:

The St Huberts around me closed down due to too many complaints of food poisoning...

if you want to upset the waitress, tell her/him that you will not take any coleslaw...they just don't know what to say :lol: that thing can make you really sick.

st-hubert: small plates huge bill

Ours here in Fredericton turned into a SwissChalet like 10 years ago.

:hlogo:

hoo that even worse.

LOL!!!

One question whats St-Huberts?

the holy patron of delicious chicken :lol:

it' mainly a quebec restaurant that serves chicken.

what they do: fill you up with alot of coleslaw so you're not so disappointed when you meal arrives.

the portions are really modest to say the least. and it's a few buck more expensive than everywhere else.

alot of people like it but I just think it sucks

why st_hubert?? I think it's because the first restaurant was on st-hubert street in mtl.

now IF you want a real meal you should go at la belle province!!

and I though I threw left curves... :?- :?-

a thread that starts as a 'what would I do with the team if I was Bob Gainey' becomes a discussion on a Chicken franchise.... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

How about those Jays? :blink::blink:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

and I though I threw left curves... :?- :?-

a thread that starts as a 'what would I do with the team if I was Bob Gainey to a discussion on a Chicken franchise.... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

How about those Jays? :blink::blink:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

hahahahahahahaha.... Good one.....

If I were Bob Gainey at this point in time I would stay the course I planned. Montreal has many good young forwards so it is time for them to shine or move on. The only thing I would do is look for a bargain veteran defenceman that will cost low $$$ that could put in 5-8minutes per game. I think this building (Not rebuilding) process does take time, however from what I saw last season this is a fast good team. Plus the fact a goalie for the future is in the minors and defenceman were drafted, Montreal should be OK.

I was wondering why Gainey never went after free agents as hard as some other teams and now I see why. Build within and when you get a chance to make a run, trade for a differencemaker. (Does not have to be a superstar, could be a sparkplug type character)