Are You Going To Make The Trade?

blaze53

Hey wudddddddddddddup Habs fans!

It's time for another one of my amazing polls. This time you guys be the GM instead of Bob Gainey loll and make the trade that should've happened a long long time ago.

>>Pick your habs that you want to trade and tell me for who I want to know your opinions.

Take it easy...

:hlogo: All The Way!

Sorry guys this was supposed to be a poll. Well lets improvise then. Why dont u people suggest a trade. (a realistic one)

My opinion i would trade either Komisarek or Dandenault for Pittsburgh's Sergei Gonshar...

Erratic Bonk for Yanic Perreault

Been there, then it would have to be anyone for Yanic. I remember the posts this time last season. ;)

Zednik for Chara

He said realistic ones. :lol:

We could go the other route and do the "kneejerk reaction to a bad game" trades.

OMG! Zednik didn't score! Trade him for a bag of pucks and some new goaile equipment for Theo!!!!!111!!!!

I hope Zed plays tomorrow and pots a hat trick. All he needs to do is spend some time snapping off one timers from Plex and Bulis and hitting the net. He worked really well when Koivu was setting him up the past few years all he needs to do is build that same chemistry with his new line mates.

I'll post a trade proposal.

Segei Fedorov hasn't been the player the Blue Jackets hoped for. As he is playing now he's overpaid. His salary is 6 million. Gilbert Brule, one of the few players drafted last year that made the big leauge this year is expecting to be the Jackets first line center in a few years. Brule has only 7 games so far with the Jackets but he is their future. Jan Hrdina is the center who has the most points. Columbus Blue Jackets are 13th in the west and 10 points after San Jose who holds the 12th spot.

Mike Ribeiro and Radek Bonk to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Sergei Fedorov.

- Canadiens dump two underacheiveng forwards for another. Blue Jackets gain youth in Ribeiro and lower their salary with 2.5 million. Fedorov could be placed on the first line with Alexei Kovalev. Both teams take a chance. Mike Ribeiros future with the Habs doesn't look so good since there's a lot of rookies playing good enough to be the second line center of the Habs. Saku Koivu hasn't been great latley and taking some pressure off his shoulder could be a good thing.

(I don't know the length of Fedorovs contract, but Im sure someonce could fill me in?)

The lines would look like:

Plekanec - Fedorov - Kovalev

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder

Bulis - Higgins - Perezhogin

Murray - Begin - Sundström

Edited by ch_nl

I'll post a trade proposal.

Segei Fedorov hasn't been the player the Blue Jackets hoped for. As he is playing now he's overpaid. His salary is 6 million. Gilbert Brule, one of the few players drafted last year that made the big leauge this year is expecting to be the Jackets first line center in a few years. Brule has only 7 games so far with the Jackets but he is their future. Jan Hrdina is the center who has the most points. Columbus Blue Jackets are 13th in the west and 10 points after San Jose who holds the 12th spot.

Mike Ribeiro and Radek Bonk to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Sergei Fedorov.

- Canadiens dump two underacheiveng forwards for another. Blue Jackets gain youth in Ribeiro and lower their salary with 2.5 million. Fedorov could be placed on the first line with Alexei Kovalev. Both teams take a chance. Mike Ribeiros future with the Habs doesn't look so good since there's a lot of rookies playing good enough to be the second line center of the Habs. Saku Koivu hasn't been great latley and taking some pressure off his shoulder could be a good thing.

(I don't know the length of Fedorovs contract, but Im sure someonce could fill me in?)

The lines would look like:

Plekanec - Fedorov - Kovalev

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder

Bulis - Higgins - Perezhogin

Murray - Begin - Sundström

Just from an outsides point of view, that doesn't sound too bad. Not sure how it would look from the Jackets point of view, I'm sure Fanpuck could have some helpful insight on that one.

I believe in 2003 he signed a 5 year 40 million dollar deal.

I believe his pay is down to 6.08 million currently in year 3 of his deal.

Year 1 10 mill

Year 2 6 mill

Year 3 8mill

Year 4 8mill

Year 5 8mill

So that would mean 2 more years as Fedorov the higest paid Canadiens player. IMO that is a bad idea.

Well I don't think the Habs should make a trade but if they do, how about a blockbuster deal.

To Minnesota go Koivu to play with his brother Mikko, Richard Zednik and Jan Bulis because Jaques Lemaire likes his defensive players and probably a draft pick maybe a 2nd rounder. In Return Montreal gets Marian Gaborik...the playmaker they've always needed, and Andrei Zyuzin a former 2nd overall pick who's just starting to play like it and will hopefully get better.

So thats

MTL MIN

Koivu Gaborik

Zednik Zyuzin

Bulis

2nd Rounder

THe deal is close but favours Mtl, so they may have to give up another player, maybe another draft pick but from the 2007 draft I would say.

This trade kinda causes problems because it gives up Montreals #1 center, so another trade might have to be made, but I think it worth it to get a talent like Gaborik.

So you'd have

Gaborik Ribeiro Kovalev

Kostitsyn Plekanec Ryder

Higgins Bonk Perezhogin

Murray Begin Sundstrom

Markov Rivet

Souray Zyuzin

Bouillon Komisarek

Cote

I'd look at using a package of the following Theodore, Ribeiro, Bonk, Dandenault, 1st overall pick ( this year as its suppose to be a low quality draft), and ONE of Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Higgins for trade for a #1 Center/ Goalie combination. But thats even more complicated

Well I don't think the Habs should make a trade but if they do, how about a blockbuster deal.

To Minnesota go Koivu to play with his brother Mikko, Richard Zednik and Jan Bulis because Jaques Lemaire likes his defensive players and probably a draft pick maybe a 2nd rounder. In Return Montreal gets Marian Gaborik...the playmaker they've always needed, and Andrei Zyuzin a former 2nd overall pick who's just starting to play like it and will hopefully get better.

So thats

MTL MIN

Koivu Gaborik

Zednik Zyuzin

Bulis

2nd Rounder

THe deal is close but favours Mtl, so they may have to give up another player, maybe another draft pick but from the 2007 draft I would say.

This trade kinda causes problems because it gives up Montreals #1 center, so another trade might have to be made, but I think it worth it to get a talent like Gaborik.

So you'd have

Gaborik Ribeiro Kovalev

Kostitsyn Plekanec Ryder

Higgins Bonk Perezhogin

Murray Begin Sundstrom

Markov Rivet

Souray Zyuzin

Bouillon Komisarek

Cote

I'd look at using a package of the following Theodore, Ribeiro, Bonk, Dandenault, 1st overall pick ( this year as its suppose to be a low quality draft), and ONE of Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Higgins for trade for a #1 Center/ Goalie combination. But thats even more complicated

Thank God Bob's in charge :P

We'll find out in 23 hours whether or not we'll have to wait until after February 26th for the trade.

I predict no trade in the next day so we'll probably have to sit on it.

I like the Fedorov idea, but it is very risky.

Go Habs - destroy Tatonka

Koivu is the captain and Jan Bulis has been one of the best players lately. I doubt that Gainey would trade him unless there's something better coming our way and I just don't see that happening.

If Gainey swings a trade I hope it makes the Canadiens better, make room for some rookies and dumps some deadwood.

To me that makes 3 guys very tradeable. Zednik, Bonk and Ribeiro.

Ribeiro + Zednik should land a first line winger or a second line center.

Ribeiro + Bonk should give a overpaid first liner. Sergei Fedorov was my suggestion.