Bell Centre Boo-birds: Go Home!

Yeah, they're not helping.

I am getting fed up with the Bell Centre boo birds for Theodore. I mean, yes the faithful are upset but we want Jose to get back his confidence, not kill it! By continuing to boo Jose, they are probably making him think, "why should I say here?"

We all know his value is low right now, so encouraging him to run to the door will only make the return on a trade that much crappier.

Please stop booing him for the sake of it. If you don't like the guy, fine. But stop booing. Don't do it for Theodore - DO IT FOR THE CANADIENS!

A famous man once said, "We don't need those people, we don't want those people, they're jealous people, yellow people. I think they're a bunch of gutless bastards, to be honest."

The Bell Centre faithful must have the collective IQ of a ham sandwich. Night after night I'm sure there are NHL stars who tune into RDS or whatever and hear the boo birds and think, "I'll never play there, not on your life".

Good job by the jerks who help in NHL stars having this opinion. Keep it up and we might win in 2000 years!

:angry:

I don't boo him so don't jump on me for that, but the truth of the matter is, he shouldn't have to be coddled like a baby.

The reason that Bob isn't jumping on these people and defending THEO like he did Brisebois, is because Brisebois showed effort to improve and the truth is he really didn't play that bad to begin with. This is not just from my opinion but this exact issue was discussed on Hockey Central and they explained that Gainey had tried to help THEO and THEO was reluctant, thus the lack of public support in that manner for him.

I don't see the similarities whatsoever. In any event, I do hope that he turns it around, but I do truly believe as many others, that it's just a matter of time, whether he turns it around or not until he is dealt.

The only thing that changes is the return on the deal.

Gainey did say that sometimes the booing and heckling of the fans were deserved and if a player is truly playing that bad he needs to own up to it. But Theo needs the Canadiens support I hope his next home game the Crowd erupts in cheers when they announce his name.

I'm referring to the actual boo birds. Not Bell Centre attendees. Booing him while playing is one thing but on the bench while Huet is playing, that's another.

It has nothing to do with deserving or not deserving the booing or whether or not a player does. I'm upset at what the consequences are...mainly how players say no to the Habs.

Sorry about "Bell Centre faithful must have the collective IQ of a ham sandwich"

I should have said boo birds.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I don't support what the boo birds do but they pay a whole pile of $ to go to the games. It is completely within their rights to boo or cheer.

If Theo was playing great, he would be hearing the "THEO" chant instead of booing.

As far as making Theo want to leave, I say GREAT. Please demand a trade you over paid pile of heavily endorsed goalie equipment.

HU-ET

HU-ET

HU-ET

I agree with AC's comment about when is an appropriate time to boo. If Theo's playing, and playing bad, by all means the fans have the right to express their feelings. To boo him, as they did the other night (day?), as Theo was shown on the big screen when Huet was starting, doesn't make any sense. It could definitely further hurt his confidence, which isn't a good thing as long as he's a habs.

People have the right to boo as long as they don't blame the consequences on others. "Why didn't Gainey go after Aucoin!?" He did, but Aucoin doesn't want to come here - because of you. The boo birds think that they have nothing to do with hockey (they are only fans) so their booing won't affect anything. The thing is that the fans play a big part in the outcome of our team. Gainey doesn't control our entire future. He's like a judge whereas we are the nameless jury. In Theo's last start against Carolina, he was being booed. I didn't mind but I did mind when Theo was pulled and then everyone cheered. The fans can really make goalies nervous. Last night the Ranger fans were calling "Hasek! Hasek! Hasek!" and then he let in a goal to make it 4-0. So, I think people can boo all they want as long as they don't blame the problems they started on players or management who don't deserve it.

People have the right to boo as long as they don't blame the consequences on others. "Why didn't Gainey go after Aucoin!?" He did, but Aucoin doesn't want to come here - because of you. The boo birds think that they have nothing to do with hockey (they are only fans) so their booing won't affect anything. The thing is that the fans play a big part in the outcome of our team. Gainey doesn't control our entire future. He's like a judge whereas we are the nameless jury. In Theo's last start against Carolina, he was being booed. I didn't mind but I did mind when Theo was pulled and then everyone cheered. The fans can really make goalies nervous. Last night the Ranger fans were calling "Hasek! Hasek! Hasek!" and then he let in a goal to make it 4-0. So, I think people can boo all they want as long as they don't blame the problems they started on players or management who don't deserve it.

Aucoin would've come here if we gave him the coin that the hawks did and now it looks like that was a pretty good decision on BG's part.

Well, I'll go with what I've seen (but I'm outsider so you guys have a lot more info on this then I do. Since you've been to the Bell Center and stuff).

But talking generally here, a goalies metality is probably one of the most delicate things in sports. I play goal and I know one mistake or a few people calling at you after a goal can have huge consequences on your psyche. I think Gainey just needs to play Theo some more and let him get his confidence back. Hard to do though when you have some of the most bloodthirsty fans in sports analyzing you're every move. Theo needs some improbed play for his teammates too I think. If you aren't getting help in front of you then there isn't much a goalie can do. I know Brodeur wrote an article on this yesterday, can't find the article though...

Aucoin would've come here if we gave him the coin that the hawks did and now it looks like that was a pretty good decision on BG's part.

Gainey offered Aucoin exactly the same contract that Chicago did. That just proves that Aucoin simply didn't want to come to Montreal. And you never know if he would have played well here. It's a huge difference from Montreal to Chicago.

Yeah but Aucoin appears to have injury problems now.

Not something Montreal needs any more of.

This possibly could have been a blessing in disguise but you are correct Bulis the Habbie Aucoin could have flourised in MTL and scored 20 goals by now. But I will look at the glass as half full and believe Aucoin was now physically ready for this season and would have had the same injury troubles in Montreal.

The boo birds will never go away. Jean Beliveau, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy... they all got the booing treatment. It comes with having the best franchise in hockey. I think its a way for the fans to let any star know that they're not bigger than the team and won't receive a free pass if they perform below expectations. Its the same in NY with the Yankees. Anyone remembers Black Jack McDowell giving the NY crowd the middle-finger after getting booed off the field while playing for the Yankees?

Edited by KoZed

I strongly believe boo birds are a bunch of self centred people more concerned about their own frustrations than the good of the team. Sure they pay their money and have every right to boo if they want, but they're only thinking about themselves when they do it. By the way I've been a habs fan for 50 years and although I didn't see him play every game I never heard Beliveau booed in any game I saw.

By the way I've been a Hab fan for 50 years and although I didn't see him play every game I never heard Beliveau booed in any game I saw.

You must not have seen every game, or perhaps its just selective memory. I've read 2 different bios on Beliveau. There was a stretch, in the early 60's, after Rocket retired and the team wasn't as dominant as it used to be, where Beliveau wasn't playing as well as he could because of injuries and was getting booed now and then. Of course it wasn't what it is right now with Breezer or Theo, but it was noticeable.

You must not have seen every game, or perhaps its just selective memory. I've read 2 different bios on Beliveau. There was a stretch, in the early 60's, after Rocket retired and the team wasn't as dominant as it used to be, where Beliveau wasn't playing as well as he could because of injuries and was getting booed now and then. Of course it wasn't what it is right now with Breezer or Theo, but it was noticeable.
I mentioned in my previous post I didn't see every game, but never heard him booed in any I saw

Give me the $$$$ that he's making and people can boo me all night long. He's a professional player. He should be able to suck it up and get himself right.

that is so full of shit.

why don't we boo the other team instead??

we should be booing every team that comes in our town and make them feel sorry that they have to play against us.

unfortunatly, there will always be jealous morons who will boo theodore or koivu or brisebois just because someone told them they sucked and they were stupid enough to believe it.