Theodore Tests Positive, Blames Hair-loss Drug

Haboholic

WHOA!? i remember listening to the radio and a fan brought this up to explain maybe a reason why he was doing so badly... maybe since the anti dopping testing rules he had to stop takin the drugs. i dont know what drug it is, but dr.mulder will let us know that kind of info i guess.

i dont think this is going to help theo's matter. but its kind of sad to happen to a player on our team.

PRESS MEETING at 6pm tonight!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that it was a Habs player on TSN, and this was after hearing that the player was on Canada's list of 80+ players sent out at the beginning of the year so i was instantly worried about it being one of Ryder, Souray or Rivet (i think he was on the list).

To be honest, i'm glad it's Theodore and not one of those other players.

What a year for #60.

Crap. Berard bounced back from this. Hopefully Theo will too. Now we have to wonder if he was taking them back in 01-02...

"Sources told TSN, the prohibited substance that resulted in this positive test, which was reportedly carried out in November or December as part of pre-Olympic testing, was not an anabolic steroid but a "masking agent” for steroids that is commonly found in hair restoration drugs, with brand names such as Rogaine and Propecia."

Maybe Theo was simply trying to keep his beautiful hair from falling out.

Looks like it was just a masking agent that was found that is found in a prescription that is used for hair loss purposes.

It's really tough not to believe this, as Theodore is rather smallish to begin with and it's hard to see too much of a gain that a goalie would receive from steroid use. Mulder is sure that Theodore never actually used this substance as a masking agent, and i agree.

Looks like it was just a masking agent that was found that is found in a prescription that is used for hair loss purposes.

It's really tough not to believe this, as Theodore is rather smallish to begin with and it's hard to see too much of a gain that a goalie would receive from steroid use. Mulder is sure that Theodore never actually used this substance as a masking agent, and i agree.

I agree as well.

Kinda makes you think. The test was administered Dec 17th or so and the results were known Jan 14th.... about the same time Theodore went into the tank.

The NHL has no sanction against this "drug" so it will not effect his status, nor will he suspend it's use.

Kinda makes you think. The test was administered Dec 17th or so and the results were known Jan 14th.... about the same time Theodore went into the tank.

He found out about the positive test on the day of the game against San Jose, and if you remember correctly he had a couple of solid outings starting against San Jose and then Dallas so i don't know how much this has to do with Theodore's poor performance.

He found out about the positive test on the day of the game against San Jose, and if you remember correctly he had a couple of solid outings starting against San Jose and then Dallas so i don't know how much this has to do with Theodore's poor performance.

Yeah it's rough playing with a 5-0 lead :rolleyes:

Theodore is a stringbean... No way is he taking steriods, maybe his hair is falling out?

Sure, he's been awful this year, but this really shoudn't even be news, let's move on... Jose hasn't done anything wrong except been a bad goalie this year, and at least he's doing that honestly.

I'm sure Gretzky is loving this, takes some attention away from him.

wow the habs fan say that they're the best but that is obviously not true. unbelievable how moody and mean some of the habs fan are. it's just a disgrace

Um, news flash, the best fans in any sport are NOT the fans who are all fuzzy for their team when they are sucking. The best fans are the ones who push the team to do better by booing them in their own barn. No coach or team official can be as motivating as a building full of fans booing a crappy performance.

The question I'm more concerned about is why did Theo continue to take Propecia even after the NHL visited the Habs on December 5 and told them that it was a banned substance :?-

I read in one of the articles that his taking Propecia would not be a problem as long as he filled out the paperwork correctly. Apparently, however, he forgot to check the "Yes" box next to the question about Propecia.

Well it seems to me, that banning this drug is wrong. The drug does not enhance performance and has a legitimate use. It is only banned because WADA can't come up with a test for steroids that works in the presence of this drug. To me that is WADA's shortcoming not the drug's nor the people using it. Would it remain banned if it turned out to be useful in treating serious deseases?